Pre-Season 2017'18

stuwell

Anyone any idea of lineup or scorers?

Nah, the Ayr twitter feed wasn't forthcoming with info. It posted Ayr's line up and that was it. Only mentioned Motherwell goals no detail beyond that.

Going by the photos up on the Ayr FB page I've clocked Hastie, Agyeman, Brown, Gordon and possibly Campbell and Scott. A boy on P&B has said McManus was playing but there's no indication of who the scorers were that I can find.

Also, quite remarkable colour clash in the first half with us wearing last season's denim away kit and Ayr in purple.

19756695_2016849121674325_10110530742378

Ayr were asked to eventually change their kit to a colour clash, i believe only players Craigan had from first team were Campbell and Gordon, Turnbull came on for 1st team.

Great result for the boys against a strong Ayr 1st team who have played a few more games than our boys.

Ayr were asked to eventually change their kit to a colour clash, i believe only players Craigan had from first team were Campbell and Gordon, Turnbull came on for 1st team.

Great result for the boys against a strong Ayr 1st team who have played a few more games than our boys.

Did the guy from that documentary on released players actually sign with us?

We've never had a good season with shite players though......

We finished 2nd in a season where Lee Hollis and Gunner Nielsen were our goalkeepers. Craig Reid was our right back for half a season, Zaine Francis-Angol was a frequently used sub and Stuart Carswell was a mainstay in midfield.

I beg to differ.

• Like 5

We finished 2nd in a season where Lee Hollis and Gunner Nielsen were our goalkeepers. Craig Reid was our right back for half a season, Zaine Francis-Angol was a frequently used sub and Stuart Carswell was a mainstay in midfield.

I beg to differ.

Additionally, Fraser Kerr playing a fair amount of games that season also.

I beg to differ.

It was terrible to watch though and featured the worst result in the club's history. Not a good season in my book, more the start of our decline.

Last week Mr Robinson said we were " a bit short and a bit jaded.......as we had a very hard week with double and treble sessions". This week was " a wake up call for some people fitness wise with a few people off the pace".

Clearly we have a well structured fitness programme in place.

And winning a pre season game 10-0 does tell you something Mr Robinson. Just as shambolic and inept performances against Stirling Albion, Livingston and Gateshead does also.

Last week Mr Robinson said we were " a bit short and a bit jaded.......as we had a very hard week with double and treble sessions". This week was " a wake up call for some people fitness wise with a few people off the pace".

And winning a pre season game 10-0 does tell you something Mr Robinson. Just as shambolic and inept performances against Stirling Albion, Livingston and Gateshead does also.

Do you expect guys like Tait and McManus who were out for 6 months to be as fit as guys who finished the season in the first team?

Do you expect someone who has come up from the English lower leagues to be as fit as an SPFL player?

Do you expect a 32 year old to be as fit as an 18 year old?

What kind of fitness programme are you familiar with that makes everyone start from a different baseline and be at exactly the same point 3 weeks in?

I know posting on here is still in pre-season, but many posters are falling short of the necessary standard. Double sessions for all before Tuesday's game.

• Like 2

It was terrible to watch though and featured the worst result in the club's history. Not a good season in my book, more the start of our decline.

Wasn't the best football but it was effective. We also broke the post-war record for points (for the third season in a row I think), longest post-war winning streak and aye, Albion Rovers was brutal but I'd say the team made up for that in the most glorious fashion in the last 30 seconds of the season up in Pittodrie.

I'm sure for anyone there, that will be the dominant memory of that season and it was fucking brilliant.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Wasn't the best football but it was effective. We also broke the post-war record for points (for the third season in a row I think), longest post-war winning streak and aye, Albion Rovers was brutal but I'd say the team made up for that in the most glorious fashion in the last 30 seconds of the season up in Pittodrie.

I'm sure for anyone there, that will be the dominant memory of that season and it was fucking brilliant.

It's obviously easy to remember the last 30 seconds but the vast majority of what went before that was total dross (with maybe half a dozen exceptions). It's not just Albion Rovers, Celtic and Dundee United at home were as bad we've ever played and the week to week standard was awful.

Watched the highlights there - always hard to get a proper feel of the game - but seemed to create quite a few chances that should have been put away. Couple of deflected goals but the build up to both was less than pleasing from our perspective.

Any reviews from folk that made the trip?

Went down after reading quite favourable reports on signings. Thoight the performance was firewith many of the players being slow in thought as well as movement. Quite a large travelling support who were served up rubbish from the team. First half they had a number of chances which weren't converted. Then just before half time a proper mix up in defence and they score.second half they were just rubbish, no cohesion and passing diabolical. Left just as they scored 1st goal. Certainly not impressed but after all lots of newsignings so hoping they will improve. In the passing some ofthe languagefrom our support left a bad taste. Security did not let is pass though. Not a good show for Scottish football!