Scottish Premiership Game 1: Rangers (H) Sunday 06/08/17 13:30

Andy_P

And the Billy Boys was belted out on several occasions. Is that not a banned song these days? :keeporder:

Yes it is allegedly, the sportscene presenter did apologise after the highlights to viewers who may have heard some offensive language, but the League and SFA will do feck all as usual. And they will get their usual free ride in the press, so no change there either.
  • Like 1

The ones in the POD attempted a rendition of the Sash but to my surprise it was pretty muted compared to the other bile they sang.

It was certainly loud and clear from the South Stand. While certain verses were a bit muted they were certainly still sung and audible.

Don't forget the Sash too.

Are they banned songs? I suppose it depends on who is singing them and where they're singing them.

For pity's sake is this all we've got to get upset about - will we see the same indignation and offence when the 'other mob' come to town - thinking their 'songbook' is far more offensive than the 'Sash'. Let's hear it for the 'Boy's of the Old Brigade' et al.

Anyway let's get back to the topic of the thread - anybody think that the penalty would have been awarded had the 'offence' taken place in their box?

• Like 1

For pity's sake is this all we've got to get upset about - will we see the same indignation and offence when the 'other mob' come to town - thinking their 'songbook' is far more offensive than the 'Sash'. Let's hear it for the 'Boy's of the Old Brigade' et al.

Anyway let's get back to the topic of the thread - anybody think that the penalty would have been awarded had the 'offence' taken place in their box?

No, there is indeed more to get upset about on the playing side. That doesn't mean we should ignore sectarianism though. We played our most recent game against Rangers on Sunday and that game is what this thread is about. When Celtic come to town and, if their support indulges in sectarianism (they do have previous as we know), then I'll feel equally entitled to make the same kind of comment at the appropriate time.

• Like 1

Clearly it wouldn't. Bowman was pushed by two hands on his back when going up for a header in their box. Surprise surprise -no penalty.

Clearly it wouldn't. Bowman was pushed by two hands on his back when going up for a header in their box. Surprise surprise -no penalty.

Aye, that's my main gripe with the officiating. Moult was daft, for sure, Hodson's one wasn't for me, but that's as blatant as you'll see.

Really hate folk refering to Sevco's home as Greyskull. That was the home of the good guys!

Snake Mountain. Or Mordor.

I like the idea of Hobbitses/Dossers fae the Shire entering the bowels of Mordor on a quest to save all middle earth from the nasty Orcs!

• Like 2

I think you'll find that most do.

This moronic sectarianism should have no place in a 21st century society, never mind a football match. It's an embarrassment to the game and the country. Just ask anyone overseas what is known about the Scottish game and top of their list is the OF and their sectarianism.

Said it at the time but Kenny Miller is practically in the box as the penalty is hit

If he was actually in the box, it should be a retake, but probably a bit pedantic.

Did someone not clear a rebound off the line against us last season and they were about 5 yards inside the box when the kick was taken? Think it was maybe Aberdeen? That was one that should've been retaken.

Said it at the time but Kenny Miller is practically in the box as the penalty is hit

If he was on the edge of the box behind the striker he would only be 6 yards back. But as the goal was scored direct from the spot it is unlikely that the ref would award the re-take.

I'm sure I remember someone posting a summary of the rules after the ICT game a couple of seasons ago. From what I can remember the upshot was basically "it favours the attacking team". So given that Rangers scored from it, it would be unlikely to be retaken unless someone seriously intruded and got in the keeper's way.

D, you know as well as I do that had it happened at the other end, there's no amount of screaming and shouting that we would have done, that would have seen it awarded !

FFS, I get more cynical as I get older !!

MON RA DOSSERS

• Like 1

D, you know as well as I do that had it happened at the other end, there's no amount of screaming and shouting that we would have done, that would have seen it awarded !

FFS, I get more cynical as I get older !!

MON RA DOSSERS

I know mate - was more a rhetorical question. No cynisim, just reality lol.