Scottish Premiership Game 1: Rangers (H) Sunday 06/08/17 13:30

Andy_P

Disappointing result, but plenty to be optimistic about. It's important though, that we build on the positives and get some results over the coming weeks. On that display today, that shouldn't be an issue. Sadly most disappointed in both McHugh and Moult today, but I'm pretty confident that was a one off for the skipper, and that Moult isn't up to full fitness yet. I'm not totally sold on Rose yet, but I get the impression he'll not be a preferred starter every week.

Tanner made a few poor choices and got some deliveries wrong, but also looked like a quality find at times. Quick feet, some good, quick passing, and some brilliant vision. Shame he picked the wrong option near the end, but these things happen. Frear had their right-back on toast for a while in the first half, and Cadden was great. Special mention to Fisher who I thought had an immediate impact when he came on and was involved in some really nice stuff. If he can play like that each week, he'll be amongst the goals soon.

And Kipre...what an absolute mountain he is. Cult hero in the making.

Anyone know what the score is with Bigi? And without any of this, "I know something you don't know" bullshit? I'm guessing injured?

Disappointing result, but plenty to be optimistic about. It's important though, that we build on the positives and get some results over the coming weeks. On that display today, that shouldn't be an issue. Sadly most disappointed in both McHugh and Moult today, but I'm pretty confident that was a one off for the skipper, and that Moult isn't up to full fitness yet. I'm not totally sold on Rose yet, but I get the impression he'll not be a preferred starter every week.

Tanner made a few poor choices and got some deliveries wrong, but also looked like a quality find at times. Quick feet, some good, quick passing, and some brilliant vision. Shame he picked the wrong option near the end, but these things happen. Frear had their right-back on toast for a while in the first half, and Cadden was great. Special mention to Fisher who I thought had an immediate impact when he came on and was involved in some really nice stuff. If he can play like that each week, he'll be amongst the goals soon.

And Kipre...what an absolute mountain he is. Cult hero in the making.

Anyone know what the score is with Bigi? And without any of this, "I know something you don't know" bullshit? I'm guessing injured?

Flow confirmed he was unwell during the night

All one line of it.

You never used to be this negative. In fact, I used to enjoy reading your posts. It was your balance that I thought brought some sanity to this forum in the past. For reasons best known to you, you've chosen to become hyper critical. Of course, a matter for you.

We had 3 out of 11 perform today. If that's good enough for you fine.

Most likely St. Johnstone will be no worse and probably better than Rangers today so we are going to have to improve in all the areas I've mentioned if we want any points on the board in Week 2.

Our passing, crossing and finishing aren't good enough and the fact that a poor Rangers team were a bit lucky to beat us doesn't change that.

Standards have to be raised if we want to get better than scrambling around at the foot of the table every year.

As for balance, I gave a thumbs up to Heneghan today, a player I've been fairly critical of, while being fairly scathing of McHugh, a player I've mostly praised. You can't really accuse me of agendas or ploughing the same old furrow. All I do is say what I see.

We lost at home to a very average side today and if we had shown even just a little bit more quality when it mattered we would have got something out of the game. Dropped points are dropped points whether its the first day of the season or the last.

Tant amount to fixture rigging... But, the authorities have it in for the Rangers so we're told. Scottish football rotten to the core?

Interested to hear a second person suggest Rangers somehow dictated that Bigirmana wouldn't play today. I'm not sure how that would even be possible?

Re the absence of Bigi. Flow has supposedly confirmed he was unwell last night. Hope there is nothing more to it.

Disappointing today and no surprise the final outcome. It is like watching the same movie over again when it comes to playing Rangers.

That said I saw enough today to suggest we will be a better side than last year. Not surprised to see the usual overly negative posts - same old from the usual suspects. Try focussing on the positives for once - Christ knows it may cheer you up as well as the rest of us.

Rangers may be no great shakes but they have just spent £10 or so million this summer. We could never sign the likes of Dorrans or even Ryan Jack.

I thought the defence played very well and Kipre and Dunne look decent additions. Elsewhere Cadden looked good when he put his mind to it. Should do it more often. I actually though Tanner did OK and could potentially be a very good signing. I wish every cross he put in was fantastic, but some were and there is a reason he and others are at Motherwell and not Man City. They are going to be inconsistent during the 90 minutes.

As for Moult - still probably not quite fit and was a daft challenge to give away the penalty. I am quite convinced we would never had got it were up the other end of the pitch. He was disappointing today and I suspect he will be here for the season. He has a huge reservoir of goodwill - from me at any rate, so will not vilify him too much.

Disappointing result but a semi decent performance and hopefully we can go again midweek

Just seen the highlights. If rangers penalty is a penalty then the baw is burst! Our shouts were much more worthy. Fisher and Bowmans chances were desperately unlucky.

Bizarrely Moult and McHugh were really poor. I thought everyone else was decent to excellent, at least in spells.

Plenty to be positive about but as others have said, crossing, passing, decision making and finishing needs to be better.

Did we go from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 today? Can't say we didn't have a go.

Not exactly headline news but the chat on Sportscene was utter bollocks and the commentator (Liam McLeod?) was suggesting that we were played off the park, which we definitely weren't.

• Like 1

More of a question on my part to what was alluded to. Yes, may seem a little far fetched, could well be explosive none the less.

I wasn't aiming my scorn at you. It just makes zero sense even for a conspiracy theory.

The premise it that:

A player was signed to Coventry City, then Newcastle Utd and then Coventry City.

His deal with Coventry City came to an end.

He was signed by Motherwell.

The contract he signed states that a team he was loaned to (and never played for) while he was under contract to Newcastle, managed to implement a clause that states for the rest of his professional career, he cannot playa against Rangers.

The club he currently plays for, not only fails to mention that clause, they lie about the reason he didn't play.

The player is quite happy to adhere to a clause inserted by a team he was never contracted to, and is almost certainly an illegal restriction of trade under UK and EU law.

It would be certainly be explosive. Bigger than Bosman.

When Bigirimana was at Rangers, there was talk of a mystery illness which prevented him from playing in Scotland despite getting the all-clear to play in England.

What Ashley did to wind up Rangers with forced loan deals was dodgy, but he had the power and the privilege to do that (and it wasn't illegal).

That has nothing to do with Bigi's contract with Motherwell. We'd be just was well invoking our right to play Ross County's U20s in midweek.

What Ashley did to wind up Rangers with forced loan deals was dodgy, but he had the power and the privilege to do that (and it wasn't illegal).

That has nothing to do with Bigi's contract with Motherwell. We'd be just was well invoking our right to play Ross County's U20s in midweek.

Bigi's illness that reportedly prevented him playing under SFA rules would have nothing to do with dodgy Ashley deals.

Bigi's illness that reportedly prevented him playing under SFA rules would have nothing to do with dodgy Ashley deals.

What I meant was Ashely forced Rangers to take 4 or 5 players on loan that they never wanted. He could do that because, at the time, Sevco was beholden to his cash injection. The fitness of them to play was questioned at the time.

None of that, however, is relevant to whether or not a team you don't play for, can somehow stop you from playing against them.

Who started this pish about bigi and rangers? The guy was ill end of of story. As for the game today. Thought we played really well at times and had we been on a level playing field with that p***k madden we could have easily taken something from the game. Things look good for the season if the team can keep up that sort of performance.

Given there are no real secrets in football, if this were the case and Rangers were aware of it, pretty sure we would have known about this before signing him. And if Rangers can somehow object, any team that we play against will do so...