Scottish Premiership Game 1: Rangers (H) Sunday 06/08/17 13:30

Andy_P

So so frustrating. Miller inside the 18 yard box when the pen was hit, 2 very very good shouts for a pen for us (1 of which was a definite pen), Moult, Bowman and Fisher all missing absolute sitters.

Thought Craig Tanner was absolutely superb today. Him alongside a fully fit Moult with Cadden & Frear supporting has a lot of potential.

We absolutely battered them that half. How the hell did we lose that???

Play like that every week we will be top 6. That was chalk and cheese compared with last year. Players fighting to the end. Not giving up possession at throw ins!!!

Still not sure about Carson, not seen him make a save yet!

Interesting point about Carson, must mean the defence in front of him doing a few things right. Good stop near the end although was offside. Certainly looks the part in terms of confidence/organisation

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ours was a penalty, there's was soft. After the close calls we had in the first half we were lucky to go in even, but made a decent number of half chances in the second. Bowman's effort was about as good as he could do from that angle, and I thought it was creeping in.

I am not a fan of the million crosses theory though, half he time there was no one in there to attack them. We needed some kind of threat through the middle and we had nothing.

Don't think anyone had a particularly bad game, tait had an almost impossible task and did relatively ok, and I'm a big fan of frear hugging that touchline. He was able to get to the byline a couple of times - but I'd agree that he needs another dimension.

Moult is essentially getting to do his preseason work in competitive games, never looked like doing anything and could have been sent off.

I'm not too discouraged by that game, didn't think rangers were particularly good, but they'll probably stroll 3rd.

I do enjoy kipre walking through people like the kool-aid man.

Their first was a total fluke. Seeing it in slowmo,the slight touch it took off Kipre's heel took the ball away from both Carson's hand and McHugh's foot.

Quite happy wi Carson tbh, looks confident and assured. Fucking love big Kipre, Dunne was solid, its up front thats going to kill us. Tanner is a greedy wee cunt, not convinced wi Fisher and Bowman is worse than a man down! When Moult doesnt fire we struggle badly

Forgot to mention dunne. Now, I thought he was going to be total shite, but he was not bad today. Got a chance to show his world record pace a couple of times, and looked steady. Thought Ben was ok too.

I'd agree with above, we need more of a threat up front, and the "pacy striker" would add something we don't have. Fisher and bowman were decent when they came on, and both made chances for themselves, but neither convince me as a starting XI option.

Thought we did ok, better squad than last year. I think our defence looks good I like Dunne thought he did well.

Big Cedric looks the business lets get him signed for another year.

Was surprised how much Tanner was involved but never really did anything of note but think he will do well.

As already said we need another striker, that's two games Bowman has been clean through and not scored.

I'm not happy we lost but can see some positives

Quite a few of our players had below par games and without Bigi we struggled in central midfield.The first 15 mins we were getting nowhere near them and could have been 2 or 3 down but the rest of it was much better and pretty even.Hard to tell from one game but i thought we looked a better side allround than last season, Rangers should finish second with that team but we were well in it right til the end.

Oh and whatever the club did to stop them getting in our end didn't work, there were at least a few dozen in the middle section of the pod stand.Heard there was some fighting after the game too.

It's a mystery how we have managed to leave that game with nothing. Penalty was soft but understandable however we've had two stone wall pens denied which is infuriating. Curiously, the last 15 minutes or so were an almost replica of the league cup games where we dominated possession, flung a million crosses into the box and didn't make them count which we need to revise as it's not where we look dangerous. We need to start taking chances, fisher, Moult and bowman all guilty of that today.

Nothing to be too worried about, just about adapting which will come with experience of the step up for many of the players.

Thought we did ok, better squad than last year. I think our defence looks good I like Dunne thought he did well.

Big Cedric looks the business lets get him signed for another year.

Was surprised how much Tanner was involved but never really did anything of note but think he will do well.

As already said we need another striker, that's two games Bowman has been clean through and not scored.

I'm not happy we lost but can see some positives

Yeah Tanner does seem to divide opinion, I have now warmed more to him and think he will be good for us, absolute peach of a delivery for equaliser, just have to accept not every delivery will be as good !!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

You won't find a bigger McHugh fan than me but he was very poor today. Took far too long to make decisions and got his pocket picked a good few times. On that performance, he's better at CB.

Didn't help he was having to do the job of two men. What did Rose do today? Made Craig Clay look a player.

• Like 1

Didn't help he was having to do the job of two men. What did Rose do today? Made Craig Clay look a player.

totally agree,rose offers nothing,he's even more anonymous than clay was,it's a joke that campbell has been taking out the team at the expense of rose.

• Like 2