Mfc Podcast ‘Off-Air 3’ – 25 Greatest Mfc Post-War Players

AndyRoss

Been quite keen to keep the list of players that the fans voted our 25 Greatest Post-War Players, but gave the game away with this one, so thought I'd share and hopefully boost support for the book.

http://www.mfc1886.com/discovering-keith-macrae/

The book is released on Friday 10th November and can be ordered here - http://www.mfc1886.com/pro…/mfc-podcast-off-air-3-pre-order/

The book launch and 25 Greatest Post-War Players evening is also Friday 10th November at Fir Park, there's currently nine places at this event remaining - www.mfcpodcast.co.uk/shop

• 1 month later...

Fair to say there’s been quite a lot happening lately…

Now that we’ve all sobered up after one of the best afternoon’s in many years, the realisation that we are less than a week away from sending ‘Off-Air 3’ to print has just about sunk in.

On Tuesday will be confirming the total number of copies with our publisher and while we intend to order slightly more copies than the number of pre-orders, we anticipate the majority of these will be sold at the awards and launch event – which is now completely sold-out.

The only way to guarantee your copy of ‘Off-Air 3’ is by pre-ordering a copy before Tuesday at 5pm – any remaining editions of the book will go back on our website after the event.

‘Off-Air 3′ is an 100-page publication featuring a countdown of the top-25 post-war Motherwell players as voted for by over 600 fans.

On 10th November, fans and players, past and present will be in attendance at Fir Park’s

Davie Cooper Suite for the unveiling of Motherwell’s Greatest Post-War Player and to honour each of the players that have made the list.

All funds raised from ‘Off-Air 3’ will go to the ‘Well Society and will be subject to the ‘Double Your Money’ initiative by Les Hutchison’.

CLICK HERE to pre-order your copy of ‘Off-Air 3’

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll get them Friday afternoon, aim to have all post copies away by Monday latest. You probably got an email to confirm your order was complete, that's basically because we were writing all the envelopes last night and didn't want to make any mistakes.

Cheers mate

• Like 1

We've put raffles on the website until tomorrow at 6pm for anyone who wants involved but can't make the night - http://www.mfc1886.com/product/awards-launch-evening-raffle-tickets/

Signed Motherwell Shirt – Signed by many of the legends featured in the top 25 post-war players

Well Society Donated Prize – TBC

Signed Worn James McFadden ‘Well Worth Saving’ T-Shirt

Signed Motherwell Home Shirt

Signed Keith Lasley Canvas

Signed ‘Off-Air 3’

Signed Betfred League Cup semi-final programme and team-sheet

Louis Moult Mug

Cedric Kipre Mug

Massive thank you and well done to the guys fir putting together such a great event last night.

The panels were both great in different ways and was hugely entertaining.

I could listen to Craigan talk about Motherwell and football in general all night. He pulls no punches but is very balanced.

Was great to hear the players remember the games in the same detail we do.

• Like 2

What do people think of the 25 that were chosen?

A fair selection of the best postwar players?

I personally chose Randolph and think that perhaps McDonald was unlucky to miss out from the modern era.

Perhaps more players from the 50s 60s and 70s deserved to be included but that wouldve required more fans of a certain age to have voted.

David Cooper

James McFadden

Willie Pettigrew

Andy Paton

Charlie Aitken

Ian St John

Joe Wark

Keith McCrae

Bobby Graham

Ally Maxwell

Luc Nijholt

Brian Martin

Dougie Arnott

Paul Lambert

Michael Higdon

Louis Moult

Stephen Craigan

Keith Lasley

Stevie Hammell

Stevie Kirk

Tommy Coyne

Ran McKinnon

Phil ODonnell

Johnny Gahagan

Martyn Corrigan

There is always going to be a bias towards players weve seen in the flesh, but I dont think that list is too bad. Theres a couple in there that may be filed under favourite rather than greatest but I think a fair argument could be made to justify all 25.

The launch night looked great, congratulations to everyone who were involved!

I know what you mean but John (not Willie) Hunter has the stand name after him for being our league winning manager (as well as outstanding service to the club). This list was for post-war players.

Edited to add that I know Willie Hunter was one of the Ancell Babes but there are only a few of the older players in the list. It would have needed a lot of the older voters to include him in their list to get him into the 25 but I guess that more of them went for the best of that era and a number of more recent players.

Thanks to everyone who made Friday such an amazing event.

We've raised £1063 from the event and book which will be doubled by Les Hutchison - so hugely worthwhile!

We've got four books left and you can get one here http://www.mfc1886.com/product/mfc-podcast-off-air-3-pre-order/

Clicked the link, is that them all gone?

Johnny Gahgan raised my eyebrows a bit - good player but one of the best? Not sure I agree.

Must have got a few votes for his great after dinner speaking

Aye, I was thinking the same about Gahagan. He wasn't even the best player in the team at time, never mind best post war.