Scottish Premiership Game 2: St Johnstone (A) Saturday 12/08/17

Ocelot Groomin'

I would have started MacLean. Bowman up front and Fisher on the wing was painful to watch.

Couldn't see those changes making any difference with the referee being as bad as he was.

Couldn't see the first or third reds but going by what's going about online, all 3 red cards were dubious. Could never see Sevco or Celtic getting those cards dished out.

The ref had no impact on the first half when we were dreadful. If thats the best 11 we could start today we are in trouble.

I wasn't there but it just shows you the difference between stats and reality if that is the case.

We had 60/40 posession in our favour and more shots on goal in the first half according to Bet365

I wasn't there but it just shows you the difference between stats and reality if that is the case.

We had 60/40 posession in our favour and more shots on goal in the first half according to Bet365

Same with relying on twitter updates. Whoever was reporting seemed incredulous at being 2-0 down.

Were you there steelboy ?

Doubt he was. Hard to believe we were 2-0 down as we were bossing it but lacked the cutting edge up front. The full game is one BBC Alba at 6 if anyone can stomach it. By all accounts reports suggesting that Carson and Dunne cards were harsh.

• Like 1

I like your new seething mess persona this season

Suits you.

I saw the game with my own eyes, did you?

You'd have to be dead in the soul or totally deluded not to be angry with that performance. I made more effort getting here than most of the players did on the park.

Totally unprofessional performance that was not even non league, it was juniors level.

But yeah, keeping blaming the referees all the way to May.

No surprise newly promoted Hibs turned over Rangers at Ibrox when we made excuses for not beating a rotten team at home.

• Like 1

Didn't think it was our worst display in the world but certainly a reality check after all the 'positivity chat' coming out the club. Didn't have a great view of any of the incidents other than McHugh's which summed up modern refereeing. Going to go out on a limb and say Carsons was dubious too. Generally I thought it was a typical game up there, absolute dirge at times. Launching balls up in there etc. Our defending was woeful and it looked like a knife through butter first half. Richard Tait in particular was pish. I know he is a favourite with some but he really can't defend to save himself. In contrast I thought Dunne did pretty well at times, technically though very limited. Going forward Bowman and Fisher tried their best but we need another option up there. We need quality. So bottom of the league and back to reality

"Played decently against Rangers. Deserved a point!!"

"We're on a cup run. Great performance with 10 men!!"

"This is our worst performance for years!!"

Two league games into the season with 9 new players, our star striker unfit and key players out injured - playing against a team that's been top 6 for the last few seasons.

So it's time for the, oh so predictable, meltdown. The more I read on here, the more I think social media has turned reasonable people into bipolar extremists fueled by a massive sense of entitlement and unrealistic expectations. No place for reasoned argument, nuance or perspective.

I'll leave the mouth foamers to it, while I put my feet up and enjoy the sunshine with a beer.

:cheers:

See you all next time.

Or maybe not.

• Like 7

If tv pictures show that Carson was outside the box and/or Dunne needlessly wiped a guy out then it's a waste of time and money appealing.

For me, McHugh's first yellow was completely avoidable and it was a tackle he didn't even need to make. Hardly a stellar start to the season from our captain.

I would need to see McHugh's second yellow as he seemed to have got the ball, the other two sending offs were at the other end of the park and would be difficult to judge the decisions but certainly the linesman never flagged the Carson handling outside the box decision, which means a very close decision for Thomson to decide, which in my opinion he has to be 100% sure before giving the handling decision!! I think it was just an anti Motherwell decision day.

I think it sums up when Moult beat 2 men and clear through when Thomson gives a foul for us, obviously advantage rule does not count for us.