Scottish Premiership Game 3: Ross County (H) Saturday 19/08/17

Andy_P

Plummer in for Dunne, Campbell in for McHugh and Griffiths in for Carson, give the armband to the last guy to captain Motherwell to a trophy. No need to worry about appeals.

Would like to see a balanced side with threat from both wings. Could Frear be back? If not, Tanner or MacLean have to play...

Plummer in for Dunne, Campbell in for McHugh and Griffiths in for Carson, give the armband to the last guy to captain Motherwell to a trophy. No need to worry about appeals.

Would like to see a balanced side with threat from both wings. Could Frear be back? If not, Tanner or MacLean have to play...

I'm all over this.

Agree we can't say 100% it wasn't a red but the converse is that Thomson can't from his position be 100% certain it was. The linesman didn't flag and I know people have said he can communicate without flagging but I spoke to an official SFA referee and he says the linesman should flag. so the fans know what is going on.

Looking forward to seeing what this Plummer fella plays like. Only had a cameo in dingwall for the cup game but I think a couple posters here seemed fairly impressed. Midfield, you'd have to think Campbell would replace McHugh and I'd also like to see MacLean involved from the start. Felt we should have used him from the start last week after so many of the team played so long a few days before so soon into the season. Maybe tired legs played into our poor opening at Perth? Would also play Moult from the start for this one.

Let's aim for four sendings off this week and get the game forfeited, it's important we keep a level of consistency, while also improving our card count week on week.

Onwards and upwards!

Need five off to get the game forfeited. Worth aspiring to?

Maybe not "must win" but home games v our peers will be crucial this season so certainly "must not lose".

C'mon not that patter already? We are two games in to the season so far, TWO GAMES, there are another 3 clubs on exactly the same points as us (fuck all) and to be fair we've had two relatively difficult matches.

This upcoming match isnt a 'must win', or a 'must-not-lose', its an early season encounter, where our new goalkeeper, and potentially 6 new outfield players continue to get to know each other and understand the managers system. If we lose on Saturday, it won't wreck my Saturday night, because there is loads of time to start worrying about relegation.

• Like 5

We need to pick up 3 points here if we are in any way serious about challenging for the top 6 this season.

We should be capable however it requires the intensity to be picked up From last week and a bit of composure when it matters.

---------------------------Griffiths

--------Kipre-------------Heneghan--------- Dunne

---------------------Bigirimana----Rose--------

Tait----------------------Cadden---------------Frear

--------------------------Tanner

-----------------------Moult

Subs:

GK?

Mcmillan

Plummer

Campbell

Mclean

Fisher

Bowman

Ps. We are still in desperate need for another Centre half and a striker

When the fixtures were released there were quite a few comments about the fact it was a fairly difficult start. I thought there is a good chance we will come out the first two with nae point which has come to pass.

Ross County at home should give us a chance to rectify that. We need to be winning our home games this season given that the league is a little stronger than it was last season.

Team above looks about right to me. 3-1 'Well with Moult and Fisher getting things going.

Confident we'll get the win tomorrow. Despite Dunne's disciplinary record over the past week, still think he's settling in well defensively, distribution needs to improve massively though to hold that spot down. Think once Moult/Fisher/Bowman gets going in the league, we'll be fine. Got enough creative talent in behind them to start racking up the goals. Frear and Tanner back is a major plus point and delighted that we can have as hectic a week as last week and still field a strong starting XI. Would like to see Newell on the bench again if fit.

• Like 1

Midfield, and specially central midfield, is going to be crucial and apart from the fact that we don't yet know who'll be playing we'll be up against it there. Hopefully Tanner and Frear will be fit but if not we need MacLean to step in. Not overly concerned that Carson is missing as Griffiths is an able deputy. McHugh's absence will be more crucial. Can Rose do a physical defensive job or can Campbell step in and plug the gap? Strikers also need to step up. Game could go any way.