Scottish Premiership Game 3: Ross County (H) Saturday 19/08/17

Andy_P

A good three points. Not a great performance but I don't really care now.

Felt sorry for Bowman. There were times where it seemed half the time were trying to give him a goal but it never came off. Didn't stop trying though, thought he did well.

Will be a tough game. The sooner we get a settled formation the better.

Main things from today's match is we have got 3 points on the board and that fair play to Robinson, he's made the changes at half time that were absolutely necessary.

First half was truly terrible and we were lucky that Ross County for all their domination were a bit shot shy. Griffiths did make one excellent save though. I think the visitors will be pretty disappointed though that they haven't put us to the sword in the first half because we were struggling to be 2nd best at that stage.

Second half the changes have been made and both made an impact, I don't think Bowman will ever be a goal scorer but at least he makes the odd run, puts himself about and occasionally holds the ball up, all things Fisher didn't do in the first half. Also Allan Campbell coming on has had a huge impact. Gave us aggression, energy and a bit of thrust in midfield when he came on and as far as I'm concerned he should be our 2nd choice midfielder after McHugh. Bigirimana was very poor today again.

We were a bit lucky in that Ross County missed a real chance in the 2nd half, then lost Andrew Davies to injury, then given away a penalty and got a red card, but we should be happy that we've taken the breaks we got and transformed them into points.

Overall, I think it's still a bit concerning that at 11 v 11 and both teams at 'full strength' Ross County have bossed most of that game and we have been absymal. Think Robinson really needs to give it a serious re-think about what his strongest team is.

Fingers crossed the likes of Griffiths, Campbell and Bowman keep their place next week.

Main things from today's match is we have got 3 points on the board and that fair play to Robinson, he's made the changes at half time that were absolutely necessary.

First half was truly terrible and we were lucky that Ross County for all their domination were a bit shot shy. Griffiths did make one excellent save though. I think the visitors will be pretty disappointed though that they haven't put us to the sword in the first half because we were struggling to be 2nd best at that stage.

Second half the changes have been made and both made an impact, I don't think Bowman will ever be a goal scorer but at least he makes the odd run, puts himself about and occasionally holds the ball up, all things Fisher didn't do in the first half. Also Allan Campbell coming on has had a huge impact. Gave us aggression, energy and a bit of thrust in midfield when he came on and as far as I'm concerned he should be our 2nd choice midfielder after McHugh. Bigirimana was very poor today again.

We were a bit lucky in that Ross County missed a real chance in the 2nd half, then lost Andrew Davies to injury, then given away a penalty and got a red card, but we should be happy that we've taken the breaks we got and transformed them into points.

Overall, I think it's still a bit concerning that at 11 v 11 and both teams at 'full strength' Ross County have bossed most of that game and we have been absymal. Think Robinson really needs to give it a serious re-think about what his strongest team is.

Fingers crossed the likes of Griffiths, Campbell and Bowman keep their place next week.

I agree about the 1st half we were awful and Ross County weren't much better we tried our best to give them easy possession. The difference from the start of the second half was remarkable straight from kick off we got into their faves pressing and harrowing, Campbell and especially Bowman really made a difference

We dominated the 2nd half from that point when it was still 11v11. So I don't agree with you that it was them who bossed it.

Robinson called it right at HT took off the 2 worst players by a mile tanner and fisher !! that's got to be the worst display I have seen first half !! ! Thought Campbell did really well and bowman ran his guts out ! Totally different second half just good to get 3 points

The difference between McGhee and Robinson was shown today. Last season McGhee would have watched that dirge in the first half and not changed anything. Robinson seen how badly the first half went and made the changes required. Brilliant win for us and let's hope we push on now. I thought Campbell and Bowman were tremendous when they came in. Fair play to both of them. Second half was night and day really. Thought Dunne had a really good game today. Tanner and Fisher were pretty poor. Bigi I still think there is more to come from this guy, hasn't been amazing so far but Campbell helped him in the second half. The defence is still giving me the fear (first half mainly) looks like a knife through butter and times, Tait defensively worries me. I don't know if it's the system too though. Hopefully push on against Hearts next week, broken record here but a defender and a striker is still required.

Absolutely howling first half, but the two subs at half-time changed the dynamic of the game in our favour.

Campbell's energy and dig in midfield along with Bowman's movement and willingness to show for every ball put County on the back foot, which Tanner and Fisher failed to do once in the first period.

Still much to be concerned about and improved on , but I like Robinsons willingness to change things early if it's not working. All in all a decent days work to get our first points on the board.

I see BBC reporter is crediting our victory to changing formation to 3 5 2. Couldn't make it today, is that an accurate report?

Great to see a win being ground out when not playing well and a manager prepared to make the right changes at the right time.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I see BBC reporter is crediting our victory to changing formation to 3 5 2. Couldn't make it today, is that an accurate report?

Great to see a win being ground out when not playing well and a manager prepared to make the right changes at the right time.

Cadden played right back so don't think it was a three.

Cadden played right back so don't think it was a three.

We switched to 3 5 2 to match county cadden and tait as wing backs

Well that was a mixed bag.

First half was downright atrocious. Tanner just won't do, contributed nothing, big Fisher was rank rotten as well but the service he got was non existent (likewise Moult was awful first half)

As much as it pains me to say Bowman made a difference in the 2nd half, he's still an eyesore of a player but fair play to him he worked their defence extremely hard and he ran the channels well causing them problems. Wee Campbell was excellent, another hard working wee guy that did well and didn't get bullied like our guys in the first half.

Quite concerned by Cadden, worst I've seen him play, hopefully just put it down to being young and having an off game and not having his head turned by another team.

All in a great 3 points. Good solid game from Tait and a bit happier with Dunne, I really like Kipre but he will lose us goals this season due to him being erratic and Griffiths looked comfortable!!

After about 10 mins I was wishing I hadn't bothered and had just gone to pub.

Grim stuff.

Second half much better and could have had more if it weren't for poor decision making/final balls.

People may disagree, but thought we missed Frear. Seem to get further down the wing and more crosses in with him on (particularly looking at first half)

Can't complain about the 3 pts though.

Onwards and upwards

As said 1st half was horrendous but the changes at half time worked wonders. Both Campbell and Bowman made a difference along with Tait moving to the left and most importantly, Cadden's moved to the right side - the only move we had in the 1st half was when Cadden's came out wide. Centre of midfield is not his position.

• Like 1

The only positive we had from the 1st half was a 0-0 score a truly dreadful 45 mins of football. After the break we looked a completely different team Bowman made all the difference he was great today, put him self about, winning headers etc shame he never got a goal to round off a good shift. As well as that Moult looked a different player with Bowman up top with him so positive all round.

As for Fisher and Tanner, they can leave any time utter garbage from the 2 of them, Tanner at least tried but Fisher spent 45 mins jogging about the park trying to get as far away from the ball as possible I honestly don't think he touched the ball.

In the end a well deserved 3 points to get us up and running.

Will the mods include Robinson in the MoM thread? His decision to change to 3-5-2 at half time and put on Campbell and Bowman for Fisher and Tanner won us the game. Tanner was having a nightmare and Fisher contributed virtually nothing. Campbell got into their faces and won a few tackles and second balls and Bowman ran his guts out. He produced a delicate flick to Moult to put him through for the penalty. Just the sort of link up play you want from the strikers.

Bigirimana was poor in the first half but played better when he was pushed further forward in the second half. When he went off he was holding his hamstring. Could be another injury worry. It was a bold move to play Tait at left wing back but it worked a treat.

I really like Dunne. He is the key to being able to switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 as he can play left back or centre half. and boy is he quick.

Rose will never be a stand out but he covers a lot of ground and chases and harries.

Griffiths had one outstanding save after a great County move and one brain fart when he passed the ball straight to their forward. However we seem to have two capable keepers.

Louis continues to frustrate. He seems to be trying too hard and his miss in the first minute typified this. Last season he would have taken a couple of touches and scored. Instead he fired it first time well past.

Kipre is a beast and could become a cult hero but I thought our best defender was Heneghan who has been good so far this season after a poor game at Hampden. He was my man of the match.

On the first half showing we will really struggle this season. On the second half we should be OK but still in the bottom six.

Hopefully there will be some new players in before the window shuts and if any of our assets, Moult, Heneghan and Cadden move they go this week so that we have time to get replacements in.