Scottish Premiership Game 4: Hearts (H) Saturday 26/08/17

Yabba's Turd

I think if Carson starts it's very unfair on Griffith's. He is in possession of jersey and had fine game and clean sheet. If Campbell and Bowman don't start it's also unfair. I would keep same side as Saturday but have Campbell, bowman and McShug starting in place of tanner, fisher and rose. If Frear fit then maybe start him in front of Bigirimana

I think if Carson starts it's very unfair on Griffith's. He is in possession of jersey and had fine game and clean sheet. If Campbell and Bowman don't start it's also unfair. I would keep same side as Saturday but have Campbell, bowman and McShug starting in place of tanner, fisher and rose. If Frear fit then maybe start him in front of Bigirimana

Griffiths is the backup keeper. No reflection on Griffiths or his performance, but there's no reason Carson shouldn't start the next game. That seems to be the way the goalkeeping hierarchy operates.

Nice to have two good keepers, though.

Although I agree that they both proved good enough to start, with McHugh back, Campbell will be on the bench again and if Frear is fit then I'd suspect that he will get the nod ahead of Bowman.

This would give a midfield/forward line of Cadden, McHugh, Rose, Bigirimani, Frear and Moult with the defence as last week and Carson back in goals.

If the midfield needs more dig then Rose or Bigirimana will make way for Campbell. Bowman will replace either Frear or Moult at some point.

------------------Carson

--Kipre---------Heneghan------Dunne

--------------Mchugh------Bigirmana

-Tait-----------------Cadden---------Frear

-------------Bowman------Moult

Subs:

Griffiths

Mcmillan

Plummer

Campbell

McLean

Fisher

Tanner

2-1 'Well with Hearts to score first

• Like 1

This whole squad depth thing is a novelty eh? First time in a long time there has been some serious debate over who should be starting in a number of positions. It's not often you read 3 or 4 different starting line ups on here, all of which have their merits.

Bowman comes on at half time, that's his thing, when has he played well from the start, whereas he has had a number of good second half contributions.

His debut vs Hamilton when he was all over the park winning knock ons etc and laying chances on a plate for Moult

If all fit I would go

Carson

Tait. Kipre. Heneghan Dunne

Cadden McHugh Biggi Frear

Bowman. Moult

Doubt would go 4 4 2 but that wound be my formation

No one plays 442 now as it leaves you outmanned in the middle of the park. Your option is to play 3 centre midfielders and one winger but that tends to expose one full back and make your attacks predictable and easy to shut down..
  • Like 1

McPherson seemed to get away with murder a lot of the time leading Cusack to finally snap and inevitably get sent off.

Part of a period which has left a lasting hatred of Hearts for supporters of a certain age. Not that I bear a grudge!

Despite some of my closest mates being Jambos, their team and Director of Football are easy to dislike.

McPherson seemed to get away with murder a lot of the time leading Cusack to finally snap and inevitably get sent off.

Part of a period which has left a lasting hatred of Hearts for supporters of a certain age. Not that I bear a grudge!

I do! :negative:

Or to put it another way, FHW

• Like 1