Scottish Premiership Game 4: Hearts (H) Saturday 26/08/17

Yabba's Turd

Tait is injured?

Permanently it seems, but not enough to stop him playing.

There was a recent article in the Evening Times where he said he is playing through pain in most games these days.

Tait’s storming second half showing on the left wing was all the more impressive when you consider that he is playing through injury at the moment.

“My pelvis is still a little bit sore,” he said. “I had the two operations and it hasn’t really been right since then, so I’ve been on the painkillers.

“I’m going to see someone about it and see if they can sort it out.”

Why does everyone want to play with one man upfront we are rank rotten when we do

I agree but I don't think we want to play with one upfront, we are forced to to compete in midfield. Most teams play five in the middle, with the exception of Rangers who have been playing 4-4-2 week in, week out.

Hearts have actually played 4-4-2 this season so it will be interesting to see how they line up. Sometimes the difference between a 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 is fairly minimal. Goncalves will be up front but we'll need to keep an eye on what sort of positions Lafferty takes up. Apparently been drifting into the middle from a wide midfield position.

Partick have done something similar with Conor Sammon, Dundee have done the same with El Bakhtaoui and of course we've done it with Fisher. Remains to be seen if managers are simply forcing players into a fashionable formation or there is some actual tactical worth to it.

If rose and Tanner start I hope the fans don't give them stick. I am not convinced by either but giving them pelters hardly going to help. These guys up here to do their best so let's get behind them and all the lads. One thing the team looks to have is a great team spirit so let's get behind them....Commmmmmmmeeeee onnnnnnnnn yeeeeeeeee Wellllllllllll

• Like 1

Taking a look at this more in depth this is a game where we have been better going forward (or at least at hitting the back of the net) whereas Hearts have been better defensively.

Hearts best players have been Souttar and Berra and their midfield has not been at the races - Djoum is off form, Randall has everything still to prove, Lafferty is playing in an odd role, Walker doesn't want to be there and has done nothing for a while.

So while they have potentially pretty good players there it just hasn't been happening for them in the midfield areas. I will be looking for us to really dominate this area tomorrow and to make sure Hearts stay dysfunctional in the middle of the park. If we can do that surely the worst that can happen is we get a point.

McHugh and Birgirimana have a job on to make this happen and live up to the hype.

Hearts best players have been Souttar and Berra and their midfield has not been at the races - Djoum is off form, Randall has everything still to prove, Lafferty is playing in an odd role, Walker doesn't want to be there and has done nothing for a while.

Yep, agree with this post on the whole. Souttar always has a dodgy moment in him as well, so I'd expect us to be pressuring him.

Walker is a funny one. Looked like he was working incredibly hard off the ball against Rangers, while doing next to nothing on it. Bizarre.

Should be a good battle between Lafferty/Isma and whichever of our centre-halfs we're playing.

Walker is a funny one. Looked like he was working incredibly hard off the ball against Rangers, while doing next to nothing on it. Bizarre.

I imagine Walker didn't want to look lazy against his future employer but also didn't want to do anything that would upset them either.

On tomorrow's game, I fully expect Carson and Mchugh to come back into the team. If we play 3 at the back I would rather have Cadden playing right wing back than Tait. Personally I think wing back is Caddens best position and also Tait is constantly found out for lack of pace.

Up front we need to go with a front 2 my preference would be Moult and Bowman.