Scottish Premiership Game 4: Hearts (H) Saturday 26/08/17

Yabba's Turd

I am a republican: Kipre for king. He's tough as teak.

Thought we outfought them in the second half and Campbell was excellent again when he came on.

Good move for our first goal and delighted for Bowman. Classy finish by Louis too.

Was it over the line? I'm in the POD.

Team spirit looks good.

Usual dreadful BBC radio coverage: our game the only one without a manager's interview while Celtic game got over 15 minutes comment and interviews. Aberdeen are top but only mentioned in the last five minutes before Off The Ball.

BBC Sportsound's coverage after the game was shocking it would have rivalled Radio Clyde's old firm biased reporting.

That was epic - not had nerves like that for a long time.

Both teams up for it but we wanted it more. They looked like they had another goal in them almost the entire game - probably until just past the 85th minute when they realised they just couldn't get past our back 3 (4 including Carson).

Kipre was an absolute beast that entire game - had Lafferty in his back pocket which is no mean feat as evidenced by his goal when we momentarily switched off.

there was no way the East stand linesman was giving a goal whether it was in or not. He had an absolute shocker as you can see from lip-reading some of the fans in the stand as he runs past them. The standard of the officials we have had so far this season has been appalling.

• Like 1

I'm delighted after that today as I believe it's a significant result in a couple of respects. It not only builds a bit of momentum in terms of the league campaign but I think it really sets a marker in terms of the progress of the development of this team.

We have been eaten alive by Hearts teams in the past when our attitude, desire and physicality hasn't matched theirs. We most certainly matched them today and indeed bettered them in certain aspects. Sure there were some performances that were less convincing than others but collectively it was a joy to see us go about our business with the belief and assurance that we did, even after going a goal down.

It wasn't all silky football first minute to last by any manner of means but you look at the team, go through the ages of them and you wonder at the potential of the group. Of course we run the risk of the heart being ripped out of it by this time next week but you think the oldest player who featured today is what 29? A central defensive trio aged 20,21 and 24. The oldest outfield players something like 27. Dare you allow yourself to think we might be on the cusp of something really good here?

As for the game itself it was pleasing that the start we made was much more like it. It set the tone well. I didn't think there was much in it initially but felt we got better as the half wore on. They had a good opportunity minutes before but prior to that you were going back to early in the game when they had previously threatened. Good strike from Lafferty but you wonder with our plethora of midfielders just how he was able to find so much space and go so far unchallenged before shooting.

Great recovery however. Chuffed to bits to see Bowman get that first goal at Fir Park and what of the sublime finish from Moult for the second. Absolute class.

It was unfortunate the third didn't stand as who knows how the game could have gone on had we got two goals up at that stage but Carson's excellent tip round the post from Walker apart I thought we handled them pretty well. There were times certainly when we were hemmed in but I felt this was more a result of Hearts pressure rather than any desire to just sit in backs-to-the-wall style. There were some intelligent and clued up running down of the clock when we did clear our lines and break.

It's a shame we have the international break but we can at least go into the down week on the back of a great result and go into the Killie full of belief and confidence.

A very enjoyable afternoon indeed!

• Like 1

today was very personal for me as 3years since I lost my Dad who was huge Well fan and started taking me to fir park in 1977 when I was 5 and although Hamilton born and bred I have always been Well through and through. Today we were great and I thought McShug was poor early on. ( Tip from grizzly.....stop trying to play the world cup pass). Anyway 2nd half great and full credit to all the players including rose bowman and tait who take a lot of stick which I feel is undeserved at times. And finally thank feck Mayweather v McGregor is

tonight. I can't sit down as it has bored the arse off me listening to it....COYW!!!!

• Like 6

Great performance second half. Cadden and Kipré were fantastic.

Officials this year have been horrendous. Didn't think I'd see worse than Madden vs Rangers but Beaton stepped up today: stonewall penalty not given and yet another goal he decided not to bother with. So inconsistent it's unbelievable.

• Like 1

Great performance second half. Cadden and Kipré were fantastic.

Officials this year have been horrendous. Didn't think I'd see worse than Madden vs Rangers but Beaton stepped up today: stonewall penalty not given and yet another goal he decided not to bother with. So inconsistent it's unbelievable.

Not just this year that the 5th definite goal we've not been given in 18 months... those kinda decisions could get you relegated.

I thought Beaton refereed the game pretty well in general. He played advantage well on a number of occasions for both teams and there didn't seem to be too many calls people would disagree too strongly with.

Awarding the goal should really be down to the linesman.

One petty one though - should the Hearts player not get booked for trying to catch the ball going over his head and out for a throw?