Scottish Premiership Game 5: Kilmarnock (H) Saturday 09/09/17

Yabba's Turd

Deserved to win on the second half performance.

Might have been different if Brophy hadn't missed a sitter, albeit with a good save from Carson but he still had to put it away, and then Carson again has clawed one out of the corner of the goal.

Second half improved immensely after a pretty sloppy first half - Hammell and Bigi were a huge improvement on Rose and particularly Dunne who gave the ball away on virtually every occasion.

Killie's heads seem to go down after we opened the scoring and we were completely dominating the match at that stage until the rather odd Hartley for Grimshaw substitution put us the other way. Suddenly we looked a bit nervy at the back, a bit tired and falling further and further back.

The penalty came at a good time as it was looking like one of those nervy finishes we are all so accustomed to at Fir Park.

Carson had a good day, Kipre was excellent again but I thought Allan Campbell was absolutely tremendous. Looks like he has a 150 games under his belt.

• Like 1

It was Hartley's 1st game of the season and he was cramping up, probably why he was taken off.

Alan Campbell take a bow son, absolutely tremendous shift. Gave us so much steel in the middle of the park. I lost count of the amount of tackles he won in there.

Kipre is a tremendous asset as well. Turning into a fan's favourite, with good reason.

Moult and Bowman look to be striking up a bit of a partnership. Lots of positives after that 2nd half. None more so than the togetherness of the team.

Charles Dunne? Well, let's not.

Lots of good performances: Bowman, Tait, Kipre, Campbell. Dunne looked to me like he was struggling with some wee injury from quite early on... which may at least partly explain all the stray passes. In the first half I thought we missed Frear. We have a much stronger squad than last year, but he's the one player that we don't have an obvious replacement for.

Very poor first half with probably only Carson, Kipre, Hartley and Campbell getting pass marks. Second half was night and day, Hammell and Bigi made a difference when they came on and we were all over them until the Hartley substitution, Grimshaw did well but it was looking like a nervy finish until the penalty. Some very good performances all round but Campbell was an absolute stand out.

As for Bobby Madden! :fie:

Bigirimana was excellent, as was Alan Campbell; what a fighter.

Great finish from Bowman for the goal, although Louis often seemed out of position. Hammell's link up play was very good, and an object lesson for Dunne.

Kipre awesome and Hartley really commanding.

Thing I like about the manager is, he isn't blate at changing the team when things aren't working.

Great performance, particularly in the second half. Never looked in any real danger. 1 or 2 never put in there best performance however they played there part in keeping a clean sheet. Big kipre took everything off Irwin except his pocket money, he never looked like he had to get out of 1st gear throughout the game. Thought hammel settled his side of the park when he came on at half-time. However Campbell bossed the show today, what a shift he put in, great performance. Thought Ryan had a good game upfront, plenty running off the ball and a great finish for his goal. Can't be unhappy at 3 on the trot at home. Just wished we could start games better. Saying that the gaffer spots what is required to turn things round.

Really enjoyed the second half today. Carsons saves in first half were vital. Thought his second save from the header was great, ball looked like it was already over him and he's clawed it away. Campbell was brilliant, seems like he won every tackle. Even the 50/50s he seems to always get a foot in there. Moult unlucky not to score from open play. Was a bit surprised Rose went off, but Bigi then sets up Bowman who takes his goal excellently. Was so good to have Hammell whipping in some crosses on left hand side 2nd half. Missed Frear today. Killie pretty poor second half but if not for our 2nd goal on another day just might have nicked a point late on as we began to sit in. In an ideal football world we'd have put the game to bed much earlier. Kipre solid again. Campbell man of the match for me.

Excellent second half after a pretty even first period. Impressed by Robinson making changes to improve the quality of passing and crossing as we had athletic players in Dunne and Rose who had played alright from a battling point of view but we needed more (I'm possibly being kind to Dunne).

There will be games when we need that physicality but not so much today.

Good 2nd half display after a meh first. Possible a wee bit rusty after break, a few errors and misplaced passes. Bigi made a huge difference when he came on, setting up,Bowman for a great finish, hugely impressed with Campbell, Kipre who was imperious as always, and Carson made a couple of vital saves in first half. Good strength in depth on the bench also, thought Grimshaw looked great when he came on, good to have options. Chuffed.

I think if he can stay fit Hammell still has a lot to offer.

Agreed. In games like today where we get a bit more possession. Where stevie can get his foot on the ball his passing ability is still very important. He can still whip a cracking ball into the opposition box asweĺl.

We have a 20 plus man squad this season as no Mclean or Frear today and also Plummer and Lithuanian to possibly come in and fir the first time in years I am comfortable with everyone I've seen so far. Robinson not afraid to make changes when required and for the 1st time in years in the last 2 games we have went into last 10 minutes 1 ahead and I have not expected us to concede.Just hope it continues like this

• Like 1

Excellent second half. Hartley certainly commands the back line, he didn't stop talking and shouting throughout. Bigi did a great job when he came on. Kipre once more absolutely solid and Campbell looks like he is going to be a great asset. A special mention for Bowman who has had a tough time since he arrived, but he looks to have found his touch and is really contributing all round for the team.

McHugh came on to a game, but he needs to be quicker on the ball, and to be honest I think he is looking quite slow in the middle of the park.

The manager is also having a good start to the season. His changes always have an impact. Well done SR, keep it up. Deserved 3 points overall.