Scottish Premiership Game 5: Kilmarnock (H) Saturday 09/09/17

Yabba's Turd

About time to especially as busier this year have said fir years we have 5 turnstiles and 3 rarely used as only 2 maximum can squeeze between barrier and wall . Now we will be queueing both directions should make massive difference

No doubt the club has done its sums on this. However if the queue for the cash turnstiles stretches too far towards Taggarts ie more than about 4 metres then its going to go across the entrance to the Knowetop School car park.

I have to say for the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to Saturday and let us hope we just continue from our last game and a good victory.

My only concern is still the defence and are liable to make the odd mistake resulting in a goal for the opposition, but 100% improvement on last year, so I would take a 1-0 tomorrow.

All this optimism gives me the fear! It's certainly a game we should be looking to win but Kilmarnock have looked a bit unlucky in some of the highlights I've seen and I don't expect there to be much between the teams. Only a last minute aberration stopped them beating Accies and they looked to create good chances against Hearts.

I wonder if Hartley will be match fit enough to start? If he isn't I assume that Plummer will step in at left back with Dunne moving into the centre.

This game will be a lot tougher than many might think, but we should be cautiously optimistic.

We haven't been playing Dunne as a left back. I'll be interested to see who we play at left wing back if Frear is unavailable. Maybe Plummer with a back three of Dunne, Hartley and Kipré? I would like to think that Hartley will be ready to start given he had a preseason at Blackpool and is not coming in like Plummer or Petravicius having not had a preseason. I suspect that the team will be

Carson

Kipré Hartley Dunne

Cadden Bigirmana McHugh Rose Tait

Moult Bowman

Not saying that's how I'd set up, but I reckon that's how we'll go...

If Frear is injured, every chance Tait will go across there and Grimshaw to the right. I wouldnt be averse to seeing McLean get another run out. I know his preference maybe isnt out wide but he has the pace and ability to play there.

• Like 1

First post on here after being fascinated with the rebuild thread all summer, haha. Given he's been known to play at right back as well as centre mid, where do folks see Grimshaw being primarily used? I don't think he's the tallest, but you can sometimes afford one centre half that's not quite as strong in the air in a back three - could he be deployed there potentially? (I can't really remember too much of him playing here the first time round). If not then maybe he could be used as cover at right wing back if Tait gets injured or is switched to the left. Otherwise, within the current formation, he's not really offering us the versatility that's been billed. It'd definitely be harsh on Campbell if he was to come straight in ahead of him in the pecking order for a central midfield berth, but that's where I'm guessing he'll be slotting in once fully fit.

On the face of it we are in a much better place than Kilmarnock but I think looking at it beyond surface level I'd expect an even match tomorrow.

Kilmarnock have not been far away from getting results but have faltered at the last.

Conceded in the 89th minute against St Johnstone (at 1-1), 88th minute against Celtic (at 0-1) and the 88th minute against Hamilton (at 2-1).

In fact both teams have conceded the same number of goals in league games this season and there has only been 1 clean sheet between the teams so I'd expect both teams to score.

Overall though we seem to have more goal power than Kilmarnock have shown so far and Kilmarnock's tendency to concede late goals gives us the slight advantage.

2-1 home win.