Scottish Premiership Game 6: Hibernian (A) Saturday 16/09/17

Yabba's Turd

We were poor in the first half I felt, not enough going forward. 2 weeks in a row we have looked better with Bigi coming on. Should have won it at the end. That Diving cunt Boyle deserves a ban. Really not sure on Taits, seen it back several times and still can't call it, if he dived he deserved to be booked however it did look like hit foot was stamped on, although his amature dramatic fall probably didn't help him in way of appealing to the ref.

What a day! 1st half I thought we were fine, Hibs were quite lucky to go in ahead. Moult had a good couple of good chances. Having just seen the replay of the penalty that was a shocker. At the time I thought it was a pen but the ref has got that one very wrong. 2nd half I thought we were outstanding, Stokes goal was against the run of play and a bit of an error from Kipre in not clearing properly. From there I thought we dominated. The way we moved the ball and the pressure put on Hibs was fantastic. Brilliant stuff from Moult especially for the second. I thought we very easily could have won it. Tanner changed the game for me when he came on and I think Bigi done decent although he still seems to be adjusting to the pace of the game up here. Special mention to Alan Campbell who was outstanding. This boy could very well be our next breakthrough player. His tackling is second to none and distribution is very decent. Special mention to everyone that made it along today, a positive and vocal support which I think sums up the feel good factor just now. Bring on Aberdeen on Thursday hopefully another good support and result

• Like 1

So many dont rate Rose but i think he a good player he works so hard, Mchugh looks the weak link in midfield with his shoddy passing, were setting up in the first half with a team full of fight. 2nd half we introduce some flair when game is open and it keeps working well for us. i wouldnt rush to change our starting line up with the points we have picked up past 4 games.

With frear hopefully back id expect cadden to move inside and mchugh on bench although cadden is better on the wing, tait will go to the right.

Dunne is the player who gives me the fear but its clear we have a physical team and thats been lacking in previous seasons which is why Robinson keeps picking him.

Shoutout to Campbell, deserves his place. Always exciting when we have a player come through the ranks.

Ref had a howler today and stokes was tearing us apart when he ran at us.

Robinson is the only manager i can remember who makes the right subs even if i dont think he is at the time. Didnt want Bigi to come on last week and didnt want Tanner on today but changed the game with both of them.

• Like 1

So many dont rate Rose but i think he a good player he works so hard, Mchugh looks the weak link in midfield with his shoddy passing, were setting up in the first half with a team full of fight. 2nd half we introduce some flair when game is open and it keeps working well for us. i wouldnt rush to change our starting line up with the points we have picked up past 4 games.

Totally agree with this and was saying the same to some mates. Rose seems to be the choice to provide graft and pressure in midfield to establish a foothold in matches, then when the game opens up later on, Bigi (and/or Tanner, as per today) can come on and make more use of the gaps. He's not a glamorous player by any means, but provides a degree of solidity that Bigi/Tanner don't. We make take a different approach in other matches, but I'd argue that he's doing his job since the manager keeps picking him.

And while we're discussing midfield players, take a bow Alan Campbell. Another assured display in the middle and he really set the bar early when he clattered McGinn and a couple of others, and was fighting for the ball at a free kick. Never looks out of control though, it's a measured aggression, backed up by some genuinely excellent tackling ability. Looks experienced beyond his years.

Totally agree with this and was saying the same to some mates. Rose seems to be the choice to provide graft and pressure in midfield to establish a foothold in matches, then when the game opens up later on, Bigi (and/or Tanner, as per today) can come on and make more use of the gaps. He's not a glamorous player by any means, but provides a degree of solidity that Bigi/Tanner don't. We make take a different approach in other matches, but I'd argue that he's doing his job since the manager keeps picking him.

And while we're discussing midfield players, take a bow Alan Campbell. Another assured display in the middle and he really set the bar early when he clattered McGinn and a couple of others, and was fighting for the ball at a free kick. Never looks out of control though, it's a measured aggression, backed up by some genuinely excellent tackling ability. Looks experienced beyond his years.

True in both counts, Rose is underrated by the fans and Campbell must be a stick on to get called up at next internationals if he continues to play with such confidence and maturity - had thought he should only be used as backup or a sub a few weeks ago but the way he's playing I'd keep him in the starting line up.

A key part of Robinson's philosophy is hard work and pressing the opposition. Rose is certainly doing that. He also won the ball a number of times today and made some intelligent passes, as well as always showing got thrown ins, but don't let that get in the way of your argument, steelboy.

There's a reason the manager keeps starting him, even when he's been subbed in the previous match.

• Like 6

Just the Alba coverage I am going by but looks like we were really unlucky not to get the 3 points.

Would have probably taken a point before the game and especially so being 2 nil down.

Think Dunne had another poor game and should probably be dropped to the bench next week. Campbell was outstanding again! Anyone know how long he has on his contract?

Definitely one of the better games I have been at this season, although the referee did his best to spoil it, but this team will not give in and long may it continue.

Nobody has mentioned it, but we had over 900 supporters today which was very encouraging., we must take more proportionally to away games than most as the 900 odd supporters which is 25% of our home support and there is not many teams will do that at an away game.

Did lennon shoot down the tunnel at the end without offering a handshake to the Motherwell management?

Lovely guy!

Nope. The highlights on youtube show him shaking hands with the Motherwell management before he shot down the tunnel.

EDIT: Beaten to it by a slow moving Southerner! That Guinness I just had must have affected my New England reflexes.

Dunne is a bombscare.

How do you justify that after 25 minutes of the game, or so? Defensively we were weaker down our right side yesterday and of the 2 sides thats where mosre of the danger originated.

A high tempo game which we would have lost last season. A much improved and stronger midfield meant that we could match Hibs toe to toe. Overall we deserved our share of the spoils although we still need to tighten up our defence. Moult again proved his worth with 2 well taken goals. A good all round energetic team performance though. The lads showed grerat character and attitude to fight back from 2-0 down. Well done to Robbo and Keef.

The referee was very poor and inconsistent. He got all 3 penalty calls wrong.

Anyway a good day at the office and we keep our momentum going.

Have just seen the Alba coverage at my daughter's: that penalty was laughable, even worse than the one given against Dunne in Perth. I also thought Tait's foot was definitely caught by the Hibs defender but obvs. the ref thought the arm-flailing was too Sarah Bernhardt.

The refs are so poor they're making games into a lottery. Do we know who we're getting on Thursday yet? If it's Craig "Mother Brown" Thomson we're sunk.