Scottish Premiership Game 7: Aberdeen (H) Sunday 24/09/17 (12.15)

Yabba's Turd

As close to the same team as possible tonight, however with the likes of Dunne, Frear, Bigi and the Lithuanian guy to come in, I'm not fussed if we need to make a change or two.

I think Aberdeen will be a lot better than they were tonight, think a point will be decent but no reason we can't take all three.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This will be a tough game and we will need to be up for it.

Our fitness levels seem good so " change for changes sake" would not seem to be necessary. I can see Dunne being brought back for Hammell and Grimshaw for Rose if he is injured. Anything else would be a surprise. Robinson can always freshen things up as the game goes on. He has shown that he has options on the bench and that he know how to, and is prepared, to use them.

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going with another positive result.

This will be fascinating. Double headers are tricky at the best of times but to replicate the intensity, energy and desire to win we showed last night is surely almost impossible? Will we shake things up a give more game time to Bigirimana, Tanner and Frear which would naturally change our style of play? Great to have so many options.

One thing for sure is we'll face a different Aberdeen. I found there shape baffling and expect them to focus on their own style of play and revert to the 4231 they have had so much success with and properly target our weak spots.

If we manage to win this then it's a significant step towards thinking we have special team on our hands.

What a performance! Best I've seen us against a top side at FP for a long time. I can't single anyone out because to a man they were immense. This was reminiscent of the way we played in the '70s when we feared nobody at FP. Playing with real heart and feeling and harrassing and chasing all over the park never giving the opposition (better side?) time to play. You could see the guys were really up for it from the first minute and they imposed themselves on Aberdeen and forced them to play at our tempo - which they failed to match. Congratulations to all at FP for getting to the semi-final. Could earn much gelt from this and help repay investment in better players. COYW.

Getting a second win against Aberdeen would put down a serious marker. However Aberdeen surely won't be as poor twice in a row.

Team selection will be interesting.

For me, the team we put out last night is the strongest XI we have. We've been nowhere near as good with different systems and players and I'm wondering if there will be any tinkering or squad rotation and what the effects will be.

Robinson said in his post match he'd likely freshen up the team for Sunday. Whether that means the starting 11 or the bench I guess we'll see.

Presumably that will also depend on whether or not we have any knocks or niggles.

I suspect Aberdeen will be a bit smarter next time around. We really seemed to catch them off guard last night.