Scottish Premiership Game 7: Aberdeen (H) Sunday 24/09/17 (12.15)

Yabba's Turd

We won the more important game, if we beat them again it's just bonus points in a game we wouldn't have expected to win when the fixtures came out.

I agree we won the more important game, but Im feeling greedy now!

For the importance of keeping the feelgood factor going, maintaining confidence levels and ensuring Fir Park remains the fortress it currently is, it would be magic to do them again.

Id take a point though, as long as the performance levels remain high. That would be a pretty decent 3 days work.

Re team selection its hard to know what to do. Aberdeen have had a good look at us so do we freshen it up and make a few changes to pose them different problems or do we go same again and see what they come up with and make our changes to overcome theirs? Hard to know but Im now sure Robbo will have a plan.

• Like 1

Thing for me is the starting 11 over recent games has been our strongest has laid down a marker to those trying to get in, i think we may see a couple changes 2-3 at the very most and its up to those who may come in to see if they produce the level we did last night. Likes of Rose came on with an ice pack on his hamstring at full time, i could see him being saved for Partick next weekend.

And we have the "Lithuanian boy"(any nickname yet?) as an option for the squad now his international clearance has finally came through, should we have any player who is injured or needs rested. Look forward to seeing him play if he's as fast as reported.

I think the consensus is Sid (vicius)

• Like 2

On odds I thought the response over one of the bookies having a dead former Aston Villa player quoted for the Birmingham job was quite revealing where the bookie in question (whose name escapes me) tried to explain away the mistake by talking of pre-set templates with names and odds on them.

The same surely goes for goalscorers too. I mean when casting a glance at our game on Thursday on Bet365 you could still get odds for McManus and Blyth scoring!

Massive game again today and another big test of the progression of this team.

We've shown we can win games at home. We've shown we can bounce back from a defeat. We've shown we can dig in away from home and turn a result around.

Today we need to show that we can manage expectation and remain focussed after what was a great win. Double headers are always difficult. The opposition gets a real good look at you and its hard to peak twice in such a short space of time.

If this team is the real deal we need to see the same focus drive and determination we got on Thursday from the off. Great to hear the manager say we may change personnel to freshen things up but the way we go about our business remains the same.

Consistency of selection/formation/style breeds confidence in players. As does winning.

Id take a point today but Im greedy for 3.

Lets do this Motherwell.

• Like 1

No intention to piss on anyone's parade, these are exciting times but I don't think it's fair to determine this teams "real deal" status on the outcome of today's match.

They're a young team and are still shaping. All things in context, they have collectively exceeded all expectations up to this point. We will inevitably experience some lows in the future and in many respects, and IMO, it's how they respond to those lows that will determine whether they're the real deal or not.

All that said, I'd be made up with a draw today, keep our unbeaten run going and beating the sheep on aggregate over two legs.

No intention to piss on anyone's parade, these are exciting times but I don't think it's fair to determine this teams "real deal" status on the outcome of today's match.

They're a young team and are still shaping. All things in context, they have collectively exceeded all expectations up to this point. We will inevitably experience some lows in the future and in many respects, and IMO, it's how they respond to those lows that will determine whether they're the real deal or not.

All that said, I'd be made up with a draw today, keep our unbeaten run going and beating the sheep on aggregate over two legs.

Absolutely.

Aberdeen are a very good side who are going through a shite patch. They might turn it around today and if we get beat then it's not really a reflection on us. The good feeling should still remain because I still think we are shaping up for a decent season.

I went to Perth - we weren't brilliant regardless of the three red cards. That will probably happen again (the performance, not the cards). We need to allow the team to have off days and when it does happen, not let it burst the feel-good bubble.

I expect Aberdeen to be like a wounded animal and up their game today. So will be a completely different game on that alone.

Robinson may tweak the line up slightly if there is any niggles but not one player deserves to lose their place from Thursday.

Amyway, I'd settle for a point just now... hoping we get 3 though, it is a home game after all :)

Im expecting us to get beat today, a combination of Aberdeen being "wounded" and up for it , us having put so much into Thursday, and us being a young team.

Win,Lose or Draw today, I cant see this team giving any lack of effort and thats alk I want. Though considering King Louis has scored 9 in 11 this season and has been unfit for 75% of those appearances, as fit as he looks now,we could pull another win out the hat quite easily

Aberdeen will be better prepared this time round and won't make the same mistakes twice. They'll know us better. However Robbo and Keef will know them better too. I would hope and expect us to make one or two maybe unforced changes to keep McInnes on his toes and keep players fresh. Maybe thats hard on player losing out but we have good lads waiting to step in and it keeps things unpredictable. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two of our lads were nursing bumps and bruises ie Rose. It'll take a strong ref to cut out ongoing feuds and niggles and he should so from kick off but in a consistent way.

You just pissed on my parade.....

• Like 1