Scottish Premiership Game 9: Accies (A) Saturday 14/10/17

CoF

This is all sounding too cocky for my liking! Accies do pretty well at home and certainly don't take many doings. Hartley said he went to their game against Rangers and it was nothing like a 4-1 game.

what's wrong with fans going into a game with some optomisim, given how we have played recently? Of course you are more than entitled to be pessimistic about our chances. It's only fans giving opinions after all. As long as Robinson and the players are confident.

what's wrong with fans going into a game with some optomisim, given how we have played recently? Of course you are more than entitled to be pessimistic about our chances. It's only fans giving opinions after all. As long as Robinson and the players are confident.

wouldn't imagine Hartley would give an opinion either way as to who was the better team or least shite if you Like, given thats the next 2 teams they play.

This is all sounding too cocky for my liking! Accies do pretty well at home and certainly don't take many doings. Hartley said he went to their game against Rangers and it was nothing like a 4-1 game.

I watched that game, all 90 minutes for some reason, and Accies were awful.

In the league, they've lost 3 of their 4 home league games this season conceding 10 goals in the process. I don't think it will be an absolute walkover but I do think at the moment we are a better team and I'd be disappointed not to win.

• Like 1

I think the point he was making is that when you hear a scoreline of 4-1 it would normally suggest one of the teams had been good, but.....

Slightly off topic, but sounds like Accies don't have their troubles to seek...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41615050

SPFL club Hamilton loses 'substantial sum' in fraud

45 minutes ago

From the section Glasgow & West Scotland Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Messenger Share this with Email Share

Super Seal StadiumImage copyrightGOOGLE

Image caption

The club has not disclosed how much money is missing

Football club Hamilton Academical has lost what it described as a "substantial sum" due to fraud.

The Scottish Premiership club said its bank and the police are working to identify those responsible. A criminal investigation has been started.

A statement issued by the club said its directors will provide funds to meet its financial obligations until the investigation has been completed.

No figure has been given for the total sum of money missing.

The club said: "At this point it is imperative that we remain calm and work together as we go through one of the most difficult situations we have faced as a club."

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "We can confirm a complaint has been received regarding a fraud and officers are currently carrying out inquiries into this matter."

Sophisticated fraud

The Scottish football authorities have said the situation is "very serious" for the club.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "Hamilton Academical have informed us that they have been the victim of a sophisticated financial fraud and that Police Scotland are carrying out an investigation.

"This is clearly a very serious and unfortunate situation and everyone in the game will hope it can be resolved quickly.

"We will be monitoring the situation closely and working in conjunction with Hamilton Academical in the days and weeks ahead."

The SPFL warned clubs in August to guard against online fraud, after Annan failed to receive an £18,000 payment from the league at the end of last season.

The funds had been paid into a fraudulent account and police launched an investigation after the money was retrieved.

Slightly off topic, but sounds like Accies don't have their troubles to seek...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41615050

SPFL club Hamilton loses 'substantial sum' in fraud

45 minutes ago

From the section Glasgow & West Scotland Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Messenger Share this with Email Share

Super Seal StadiumImage copyrightGOOGLE

Image caption

The club has not disclosed how much money is missing

Football club Hamilton Academical has lost what it described as a "substantial sum" due to fraud.

The Scottish Premiership club said its bank and the police are working to identify those responsible. A criminal investigation has been started.

A statement issued by the club said its directors will provide funds to meet its financial obligations until the investigation has been completed.

No figure has been given for the total sum of money missing.

The club said: "At this point it is imperative that we remain calm and work together as we go through one of the most difficult situations we have faced as a club."

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "We can confirm a complaint has been received regarding a fraud and officers are currently carrying out inquiries into this matter."

Sophisticated fraud

The Scottish football authorities have said the situation is "very serious" for the club.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "Hamilton Academical have informed us that they have been the victim of a sophisticated financial fraud and that Police Scotland are carrying out an investigation.

"This is clearly a very serious and unfortunate situation and everyone in the game will hope it can be resolved quickly.

"We will be monitoring the situation closely and working in conjunction with Hamilton Academical in the days and weeks ahead."

The SPFL warned clubs in August to guard against online fraud, after Annan failed to receive an £18,000 payment from the league at the end of last season.

The funds had been paid into a fraudulent account and police launched an investigation after the money was retrieved.

Its being reported now the figure was close to 800k.

I'd wondered if it might have been related to the Rojano signing saga but not at those figures. That's some amount of money to be stung for - that would seriously hit most clubs, including ourselves. As for tomorrow's game and the comments I made, I'm happy with the way we're playing but I've just seen this level of confidence before and it come back to bite us on the bum.

I'll be delighted if we win but we've generally struggled on that pitch and its strange bounces.

I won't make it so will be stuck with text updates from friends and family. Sounds like we'll have a good turn-out to cheer them on at least.

Accies have big holes in the defence. They've conceded 2 goals or more in 6 out of 8 matches and 10 goals in their last 3 home matches.

On the other hand we have scored 2 or more in 5 out of 8 and only Aberdeen have kept a clean sheet against us.

They have a lot of injuries including first choice keeper, Ali Crawford and about 4 other first team starters.

This is a banker for the coupon.

But every week there's always that one freak result that ruins the coupon....