Your Favourite Goal

Tamwell

Faddy's 3rd against Livingston when he ran from his own half and beat have of the Livingston team in the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHUjh36wkNU

Aye that was a belter...cannae mind Faddy ever being that fast thou!

For me, goals I have seen in the flesh, the best technically by a country mile was Jim Hamilton's vs Celtic.

However, for celebration sheer levels of celebration Juke's vs Hibs, Van Der Gaag vs Dunfermline and Moult's on Sunday all for me.

Tom Hateley, last minute, Odense, lost the game but an away goal, first goal I had seen us score abroad, quite enjoyed it.

The celebrations when that went in...

The belief hitting home that we had an away goal, and a great chance in the tie, instead of a 2-0 defeat and a huge mountain to climb.

And we should have got through ☹️

For utter bedlam celebrations, I would go for the winner in the 2005 semi final or skippy's 2nd on that Sunday that is now named after him.

Moults goal on Sunday has the edge, i think because it seemed to put an end to that inferiority complex we've suffered with for so long. The sheer audacity of it, as soon as it left his boot you kinda knew where it was going.

The best thing about Moult's second on Sunday was that moment of silence where the whole stadium waited to see if it was under the bar, followed by sheer bedlam when the net rippled. It's moments like that which show why we all put ourselves through it.

• Like 5

I'm going to show my age and vote for either of Ian Clinging's double against Thistle in about 1980, both very similar in that he picked up the ball just outside our box dribbled it 60 or 70 yards past half the Thistle team and knocked it past the keeper from the edge of the Thistle box. Sadly no youtube to confirm my memories (or more likely show me up for an addled old fool)

• Like 1

One of my all time favourite goals was Dougie Arnotts against Celtic at the old Parkhead.

Celtic has been going through a tough time and it was the first day after Fergus McCann had taken over. 30k + them singing YNWA. Wee dougie subsequently nutmegs Carl Muggleton and the away support goes wild after 9mins. Im sure there was over 2000 Well fans in the ground and we outsang them the rest of the game.

This started my obsession with Sieb Dykstra who went on to have an outstanding game. Collecting cross balls on the 18 Yard line.

Been plenty of better goals scored but this was my favourite as it shut them the fuck right up. Loved it.

• Like 2

One of my all time favourite goals was Dougie Arnotts against Celtic at the old Parkhead.

Celtic has been going through a tough time and it was the first day after Fergus McCann had taken over. 30k + them singing YNWA. Wee dougie subsequently nutmegs Carl Muggleton and the away support goes wild after 9mins. Im sure there was over 2000 Well fans in the ground and we outsang them the rest of the game.

This started my obsession with Sieb Dykstra who went on to have an outstanding game. Collecting cross balls on the 18 Yard line.

Been plenty of better goals scored but this was my favourite as it shut them the fuck right up. Loved it.

My Dad was at that game but had to stand in the Jungle as he got a freebie from a Celtic supporting pal. He loved the rage about wee Dougies goal but was devastated he couldnt celebrate it lol

My Dad was at that game but had to stand in the Jungle as he got a freebie from a Celtic supporting pal. He loved the rage about wee Dougies goal but was devastated he couldnt celebrate it lol

I'll never forget wee Fergus waddling along the touchline track at Parkhead squinting into the crowd and the 'well fans giving him pelters, he just stood there bemused at the reaction he got.

Had to search this one on YouTube - memory was playing tricks, so many excellent results at that time against them.

Really large support that day and you're right boy did we lap it up.

Had to search this one on YouTube - memory was playing tricks, so many excellent results at that time against them.

Really large support that day and you're right boy did we lap it up.

We sure did. I was about 17 and can remember the bounce at pissing on their parade.

We sure had a brilliant record against them back then.

Another one from archives.....Oct 89 when we beat dun Utd 3-2 in front of over 8,000 fans.....Dougie Arnott winner from super cooper reverse pass.....was highlighted game on sportscene....to quote Archie McPherson....'oh beautiful reverse pass......what a goal!!!!

One of my favourites that one, too.

• Like 2

Feel sorry for well fans under age of 30 who wouldn't have seen super coop apart from youtube. Was an absolute legend

He was indeed. And let's not forget Bobby Russell who sometimes goes unmentioned. Another top quality player who could put his foot on the ball and instinctively find Coop without needing to lift his head.

• Like 1

Another one from archives.....Oct 89 when we beat dun Utd 3-2 in front of over 8,000 fans.....Dougie Arnott winner from super cooper reverse pass.....was highlighted game on sportscene....to quote Archie McPherson....'oh beautiful reverse pass......what a goal!!!!

I had the goals of the season video from that year and that goal actually got given the title of goal of the season beating a few crackers on the way.

As a 9year old that was the first thing I'd seen us 'win' luckily I didn't have to wait too long for that to change.

He was indeed. And let's not forget Bobby Russell who sometimes goes unmentioned. Another top quality player who could put his foot on the ball and instinctively find Coop without needing to lift his head.

His last minute double-shimmy winner at Celtic has to be up there.