Scottish Premiership Game 10: Dundee (A) 25/10/17 19:45

fizoxy

Definitely freshen it up and give some guys a chance with the morivation of playing themselves into a cup final place. Sunday will have taken a lot out of our players physically and emotionally. We also have Hibs to play on Saturday. Gonna need to start using our squad wisely.

I'd assume that Kipre gets a rest, with either hammel coming in or mchugh stepping back. I'd like to see Frear and Bigi come in as well.

I think it is clear that Sunday's team is our first XI, but I don't think we can sustain our style of play without some occasional rotation.

This could be considered another "test" for this team, will they suffer from a hangover from Sunday (who would blame them if they did?) or will they be able to get straight back to league business with the same endeavor they've been showing?

I like my left wingers, so I'm looking for any excuse to get frear back in, but tait has done nothing to deserve getting dropped.

We are going to need full backs in the final against Sinclair and Roberts so tomorrow could be the night to try out a back four again.

Playing a back four means 442, surrendering midfield or 451 risking our lone striker getting isolated. 433 would in theory get around this but too often would simply turn into a 451. Tait is a far better wing back than full back so a back four looks a bad option for us...

EDIT Also smells too much like a Mark McGhee 'change the way we play to suit the opposition' move. Play our game, if it's not good enough then so be it...

It will be interesting to see how we approach this. Rarely can a team put on a good show days after a high profile performance that is mentally and physically draining, indeed, we found this out to our own cost against Aberdeen. A result at Dens would therefore impress me greatly.

Hopefully the prospect of staying in touch with the top 3 ensures we have the drive to stay focused on the league between now and 26 Nov. Regarding personnel, Id be inclined to make 2/3 changes against a Dundee team that will feel aggrieved by their result on Sat. We have plenty of options - Bigirimana, Frear, Tanner, Grimshaw, Hammell and Fisher with Kipre, Campbell, Tait and Bowman the primary candidates for dropping out.

Niggling worry is that any manager looking at our back 3 this season will be looking to target the channels with a bit of pace. As organised as we are, I find the space between the centre halves and wing backs a high risk strategy that is currently paying off. At some point though, we are going to take a tanking.

Niggling worry is that any manager looking at our back 3 this season will be looking to target the channels with a bit of pace. As organised as we are, I find the space between the centre halves and wing backs a high risk strategy that is currently paying off. At some point though, we are going to take a tanking.

Every system has its weak points and strong points. For me, both Kipré and Dunne require the security of a third centre back at this stage in their careers. Our midfielders, although an upgrade on last season, don't have amongst them two that could compete in a league where almost everyone plays three centre midfielders. We don't have a striker suited to playing as a lone striker.

352 has its flaws, but for me it's the system that best suits our players. Whether that's down to Robinson signing players with it in mind or having seen the players in preseason and decided that this was the best way to use them, I don't know...

• Like 1

I watched the Dundee highlights last night. Amazing that they lost to Thistle in a game they could easily have won by 4 or 5.

Will be a tough one.

Yeah, I watched Sportscene last night and couldn't believe they lost that game although missing a penalty and an absolute sitter didn't help! They looked fast and played some neat stuff.

Difficult game for us tomorrow night particularly if we're tired from Sunday's exertions.

It will be interesting to see how we approach this. Rarely can a team put on a good show days after a high profile performance that is mentally and physically draining, indeed, we found this out to our own cost against Aberdeen. A result at Dens would therefore impress me greatly.

Hopefully the prospect of staying in touch with the top 3 ensures we have the drive to stay focused on the league between now and 26 Nov. Regarding personnel, Id be inclined to make 2/3 changes against a Dundee team that will feel aggrieved by their result on Sat. We have plenty of options - Bigirimana, Frear, Tanner, Grimshaw, Hammell and Fisher with Kipre, Campbell, Tait and Bowman the primary candidates for dropping out.

Yeah, it kind of goes back to Joe Wark Fan Club was it's post from Sunday evening about the team pushing boundaries of what we believe is possible.

I think most would be extremely forgiving if come Wednesday we were flat, jaded and not as up for it as we might have been. We've just made it to a Cup Final after all.

But it is as fizoxy suggests above "a test" or a challenge for the manager and squad. How much do they want the three points? How much are they willing to go through the pain barrier in what will undoubtedly be a tiring night on the back of Sunday? How much will the manager drive them on?

I've listened to a Celtic fan in work over the last week convinced that they would likely struggle against Aberdeen on the back of a Champions League match and Semi Final and they have resources far beyond us.

Even though we haven't had a the run-around they did last midweek it would for me undoubtedly be another massive boundary pushed and market set if we could come through this and get a win.

• Like 2

We had a very strong bench on Sunday so lets freshen it up as we have another tough game v Hibs. If Kipre still struggling then rest him and bring back McShu.....sorry McHugh to defence. Maybe a back 4 so I would go

Carson

Dunne

Hartley

McHugh

Tait

Frear

Grimshaw

Rose

Cadden

Moult

Fisher / Tanner

That's disgraceful but not entirely surprising. He was fouled. Yes, he went down theatrically, but the bottom line is that it was a foul, therefore not simulation. It's surely only simulation if he has invented the contact and tried to con the referee?

That's disgraceful but not entirely surprising. He was fouled. Yes, he went down theatrically, but the bottom line is that it was a foul, therefore not simulation. It's surely only simulation if he has invented the contact and tried to con the referee?

It is, the FIFA definition is "feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled". So we can only assume they think Ambrose played the ball.