Scottish Premiership Game 10: Dundee (A) 25/10/17 19:45

fizoxy

Just back. First 20-25 minutes were great. We played very good football and really should have been 2 or 3 goals ahead.

Then we sat back and let Dundee come into the game. Next 60 minutes pretty even. Yes we probably had the clearer cut chances but we did let Dundee bombard our box with crosses. I got a sense they may score from one eventually. Thankfully they did not and again Carson was a rock at the back.

Thought Frear was best of the so called 2nd string. Tanner too and was surprised when he was taken off at Fisher expense. Fisher has the height but imho Tanner is a better footballer. Fisher did not do much wrong but never showed enough that he would be starting ahead of Bowman.

Other notable incidents were their disallowed goal which looked a bit iffy and what I thought was a clear pen for us for a push on Tait in the box.

Great 3 points but concerned at Hartley hobbling off and had ice pack on his leg

Thats the most Ive shouted at a ref in years.

Some of the challenges Dundee put in in the first half were atrocious. They were literally rolling about after any aerial challenge also. Thoroughly unlikeable team.

The ref lost the plot and that pass back decision was inexplicable!

We shouldve had a penalty second half and Bigirimana and Moult both missed excellent chances at the end.

Not the most polished performance and the subs didnt necessarily work but a great win, even more so after Sundays exertions.

I thought Fisher was excellent.

Pretty much as I saw it but have to add defensively we were excellent Kipre and Hartley then McHugh were standouts in centre defence

After a really bright start to the game, we developed into a team from last season with big punts up the Park, which to me is not necessary and worrying as we are capable of playing football.

I will put it down to changes in personal before and through the game!

Also worrying was the way Peter Hartley was limping after the game

• Like 1

This team has something 'about them' - they play pretty football, when they can and are more 'industrial' when the need arises. Robinson has assembled a great mixture and the players, as witnessed last night, know how to dig in and get a result. It wasn't pretty after the first half-hour, though could have been more comfortable if we had taken some of the chances we created - particularly Bigi's chance in the last 5 minutes, from a sublime back-heel from Louis.

It really is a good time to be a 'Well fan.

What was wrong with the Dundee guys goal? I watched the game as live on Alba and it looked like a goal any day of the week.

According to McCann after the game, it was ruled out for a foul on one of our defenders. Given our 'goal' up there last season (and the fact I thought referees would be doing us no favours given the current hysteria), I'll take it...

According to McCann after the game, it was ruled out for a foul on one of our defenders. Given our 'goal' up there last season (and the fact I thought referees would be doing us no favours given the current hysteria), I'll take it...

I’ll definitely take it, however, I was scratching my head as to why it was disallowed. Some baffling decisions by the officials these days.

Also worrying was the way Peter Hartley was limping after the game

Any game he misses will be a huge loss, however we've got the versatility in the middle of the park to drop McHugh back as an able replacement.

Gone are the days when we lose a key player and are automatically fucked.

What was wrong with the Dundee guys goal? I watched the game as live on Alba and it looked like a goal any day of the week.

Unusual vantage point for me directly behind the goals in line with the penalty spot - referee had blown before the header for a blatant push was my take on it as a few around us were already out their seats cheering before their lump turned away to celebrate.

Planned on going last night, but fell asleep on the couch and left it too late. So decided that I'd avoid all news and watch it on Alba.

Wasn't a great spectacle, but thought we were worthy winners although for me the Dundee goal should have stood. We were largely in control until Hartley went off. McHugh going to the back left our midfield exposed and thought Grimshaw offered absolutely nothing.

Kipre back fighting fit as he breezed through that, Bigi was solid and the amount of ground he covered closing down was unreal, Fisher desperately needs a goal. Nice touches and link up plays, but needs to start scoring or he isn't worth a place in the team. McHugh ran the whole game for me, then made some great last ditch stops when he went to the back in the last 10 minutes.

End of the day, another 3 points which is the main thing, even more so after our efforts on Sunday. The solid progress continues...

A great 3 points last night considering Sunday's exertions, both physically and mentally, as well as the squad rotation.

From the mixlr commentary it sounded like we were well on top in the early stages with Tanner, McHugh and Bigi impressing. On clear goal scoring chances created I think we deserved the win.

I was slightly concerned at the start of the season due to the way our fixtures fell with a run of home games before a long run of away games. If we didn't take advantage of the home games then the pressure would be on massively in Nov and Dec when we're away from Fir Park...Absolutely no need to be concerned! Fir Park has become a bit of a fortress again and the away wins at NDP, County (LC), Dens Park and the comeback at Easter Road should mean the lads have absolutely no fear going into this run of away games. Every game can't come quick enough at the minute!

I thought the ref got the two big decisions right. If McHugh wasn't passing the ball back to the keeper what was he doing? There was no need for Carson to pick it up. Hartley scored an OG because Moussa pushed him in the back. The ref could possibly have went to the cards quicker for a few of our players but he should also have sent off their 8 for the tug on Tanner's collar when he was on a booking.

I thought McHugh and Tait were our top performers and won every challenge they had to defensively. Slightly better finishing would have seen Carl with a double and Tait was a bawhair away from getting on the end of a great ball from Frear. Bigi played well and won plenty of tackles and covered a lot of ground. Frear played well but lacked composure when he beat the fullback and got into the box. Fisher was great outside the box but didn't carry any threat in it. Grimshaw was chasing shadows again, he has struggled to make an impact every time he has come on as a sub and I would expect him to drop down the pecking order if he doesn't pick up soon.

Dundee were very poor. Unless they start scoring goals McCann will be on his way out as no one pays 24 quid to watch your keeper play 1-2s. It was Jim Gannon/Yogi Hughes type football from them to forty yards from our goal in the second half then they were clueless as to how to break us down. It's a shame we didn't get the second goal we deserved in the first half hour and the score would have been a bit more realistic.

I had to make do with watching the game on Alba last night. Its a victory that we ground out against, dare I say it, a very physical Dundee side who were happy to mix it with us. Tanner took his goal well, and it gave a few fringe players a chance to stake their claim. We were always going to tire in the second half and so it proved. A few of the fringe players hadn't played a full 90 minutes for some time and those who played on Sunday looked a bit drained.

Dundee's disallowed goal - TV wasn't conclusive but Hartley definitely claimed for a foul. We also had a good penalty shout rejected when Tait was clearly pushed in the back. Does anyone know why Cadden was yellow carded? Was it for knocking the ball away?

Anyway happy with the 3 points and it keeps our good run going. What a change from recent seasons.

A bit random to have yellow carded Cadden for kicking the ball away. This sort of thing goes on week in week out with no action taken then suddenly a ref picks on a player at random. Its the same with foul throws. Refs should either pick up on these things consistently or just ignore them.

• Like 1

I had to make do with watching the game on Alba last night. Its a victory that we ground out against, dare I say it, a very physical Dundee side who were happy to mix it with us. Tanner took his goal well, and it gave a few fringe players a chance to stake their claim. We were always going to tire in the second half and so it proved. A few of the fringe players hadn't played a full 90 minutes for some time and those who played on Sunday looked a bit drained.

Dundee's disallowed goal - TV wasn't conclusive but Hartley definitely claimed for a foul. We also had a good penalty shout rejected when Tait was clearly pushed in the back. Does anyone know why Cadden was yellow carded? Was it for knocking the ball away?

Anyway happy with the 3 points and it keeps our good run going. What a change from recent seasons.

Thats actually the most physical ive seen from Dundee of late and that and the crowds reaction to every challenge we made was defiantly influenced by the adverse publicity of late.