Cup Final Fans Display

Dee

I also agree with the sentiments above. Our club and our supporters remember Phil every day. He has become part of the fabric of our club and who we are. We dont need this media driven marketing ploy to remind us of who he was or what he meant to us.

I don't even want a tribute, thanks. I just don't get this need to keep rolling out tributes, silences, hand claps etc. all the time. They don't even do that at games over here - in a place that can be the most overly-sentimental, syrupy, maudlin country in the world.

I'm sure we all have friends and family we have lost over the years and find ways to remember them privately without walking around the house asking everyone to clap.

Nobody at the club is going to forget Phil, or any of the other people young and old we have lost.

In the meantime, can we please just go ahead with the game and enjoy it for what it is - a game of football where we have a (small) chance of winning a Cup.

• Like 8

I like a lot of well fans remember Phil every time I look at that 18 yard box. However I want nothing to do with Celtic when it comes to his memory. Will never forgive how they used his passing to there own benefit, when getting an old firm match off when they had injuries/suspensions. Yet dundee Utd (our opponents that sad day) had to play there game. Also, They refused well fans there own area at parkhead for the charity match, and already been mentioned, turned into larsson day. So for me, no thanks.

I like a lot of well fans remember Phil every time I look at that 18 yard box. However I want nothing to do with Celtic when it comes to his memory. Will never forgive how they used his passing to there own benefit, when getting an old firm match off when they had injuries/suspensions. Yet dundee Utd (our opponents that sad day) had to play there game. Also, They refused well fans there own area at parkhead for the charity match, and already been mentioned, turned into larsson day. So for me, no thanks.

There was also issues at Parkhead on the day where friends and extended members of the O'Donnell family who had been invited were intially turned away at the door to the hospitality suites.

However, the inclusion of Larsson and co was fine with me as it raised the profile of the game and generated a lot more funds for the charity in Phil's name. It raised more than we could have as a club on our own. I do believe Motherwell as a smaller family club are always in a position to handle such matters better than a club the size of Celtic.

Just a quick update to respond to the above posts.

The display was planned before the Phil announcement and it will not be linked.

A massive thanks to everyone who has donated. As I type this we currently have a total of £5,645 which is still rising. We will donate the final total to the Society which will be doubled by Les then the £4,500 for display prep and costs will be returned. By my poor maths this means the Society is set to gain at least £6,790!

• Like 9

Just a quick update to respond to the above posts.

The display was planned before the Phil announcement and it will not be linked.

A massive thanks to everyone who has donated. As I type this we currently have a total of £5,645 which is still rising. We will donate the final total to the Society which will be doubled by Les then the £4,500 for display prep and costs will be returned. By my poor maths this means the Society is set to gain at least £6,790!

Nice work!

I felt a little shit about not being able to afford to contribute towards the display. I have been trying to teach myself a bit about video editing so thought I would throw something together as a sort of video from the fans. Sifted through all the footage from the cup run and put bits together, its by no means a work of art. I made up this account and a youtube account to put it on because I don't want any credit for it. Mods can probably work out who it is, but outside of that, dont really want anyone knowing or putting my name to it, the idea being it isnt by one person but from all of us. Was in two minds about wither to actually put it up or not, wasnt sure what kind of reaction it would get. Anyway, for what it is, I hope you enjoy. Feel free to spread it around.

Edited by Anonymous 'Well Fan
  • Like 15

I felt a little shit about not being able to afford to contribute towards the display. I have been trying to teach myself a bit about video editing so thought I would throw something together as a sort of video from the fans. Sifted through all the footage from the cup run and put bits together, its by no means a work of art. I made up this account and a youtube account to put it on because I don't want any credit for it. Mods can probably work out who it is, but outside of that, dont really want anyone knowing or putting my name to it, the idea being it isnt by one person but from all of us. Was in two minds about wither to actually put it up or not, wasnt sure what kind of reaction it would get. Anyway, for what it is, I hope you enjoy. Feel free to spread it around.

Nice vid well done but have to be honest the narrative does nowt for me, Personally I prefer more upbeat audio give us "Are you ready for this .. Jock Jam"

• 3 weeks later...

Wrong thread....

Sorry. Should clarify. I posted comments re the match and realised they were in the wrong thread. Couldnt delete so just left wrong thread comment. Apologies if anyone thought I was being pedantic.

As for the display. Well done to all involved. Looked great.