Scottish Premiership Game 12: Ross County (A) 04/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Would be nice to get back on track with a win, but given the fact that we have already banked a lot more points than might have been expected at this stage of the season, a draw would not be a disaster.

One more effort before the international break, then we can rest and regroup properly.

On the basis on the past 2 games I think Tanner, Bigirimana and Tait should start.

Tait should probably have started yesterday. Frear was decent at Dens but yesterday developed into a bit of a battle which we wouldve benefitted from Taits abilities more.

The midfield trio of Campbell, McHugh and Rose had got us to a cup final and 3rd in the league but now might benefit from a bit more creativity. Who drops out, I dont know.

This is a big game. Lose and we risk losing a fair bit of momentum when you look at the next 4 league fixtures - Aberdeen away, Celtic twice and Hearts away.

As Ive said in the Hibs thread Id like to see Bigirimana and/or Tanner start to provide some guile at the expense of the huff and puff Rose and/or Bowman offer.

As Ive said in the Hibs thread Id like to see Bigirimana and/or Tanner start to provide some guile at the expense of the huff and puff Rose and/or Bowman offer.

Im assuming its not a compliment - is that the same huff and puff that got us to 4th and a final?

Im assuming its not a compliment - is that the same huff and puff that got us to 4th and a final?

Its been effective to date but after a full round of games, teams are inevitably starting to suss out our weaknesses and have a game plan to try and nullify our strengths.

We have the squad depth and diversity in skills to alter the balance of the team accordingly.

Its been effective to date but after a full round of games, teams are inevitably starting to suss out our weaknesses and have a game plan to try and nullify our strengths.

We have the squad depth and diversity in skills to alter the balance of the team accordingly.

Don't disagree with any of that but to dismiss it as huff and puff is a bit unfair. That usually implies shite, which is far from it.

Agree that teams will be on to us now and we need to adjust a little. We do need to add a little more guile back into some areas and for now, Bigi, Tanner and Frear provide our best options.

Robinson has given us a great platform to build on and hit the immediate target of keeping away from relegation battles. I fully expect to see a few more additions during the next couple of windows that will add a little more creativity.

Tanner in for Bowman is all well and good, but from the sounds of it we were lumping it forward on Sunday. Happy to make that change so long as we get the ball on the deck.

A defeat here would be a shame going into the break, but I've confidence in Robbo/the team, and think we'll grind out a win. 2-1 to us, Moult double!

Ross County have a poor home record so I think we should definitely be targeting a win here. I also think the Ross County side as a whole lacks real quality. In recent times they have had players like Jackson Irvine or Liam Boyce. A wee bit quality that could turn matches for them. For me they don't have that right now.

Also from our point of view we are coming into a period of very tough fixtures (Aberdeen away, Celtic x 3, Hearts away, Partick away). One can't see the future but we could be holding silverware aloft or really struggling for confidence and on a downer.

For that reason I think we really need the 3 points out of this one to give us another bit of a cushion on the teams below us, as who knows what the future holds.

• Like 1

Agree that teams will be on to us now and we need to adjust a little. We do need to add a little more guile back into some areas and for now, Bigi, Tanner and Frear provide our best options.

Absolutely. However, I think we have a big enough squad to mix things up a little and wrongfoot opposition managers, who have sussed our game.

On the basis on the past 2 games I think Tanner, Bigirimana and Tait should start.

Tait should probably have started yesterday. Frear was decent at Dens but yesterday developed into a bit of a battle which we wouldve benefitted from Taits abilities more.

The midfield trio of Campbell, McHugh and Rose had got us to a cup final and 3rd in the league but now might benefit from a bit more creativity. Who drops out, I dont know.

Bigirimana had to be helped off the pitch at the final whistle on Saturday with what looked like a serious leg injury.

I wouldn't argue that he should start but he could well be struggling for the Ross County game.

I'm confident we will get back to winning ways tomorrow, no reason why we can't go up there and get a result. I genuinely think we will be too strong for them.

Team wise I would make a couple of changes from Saturday

Carson

Kipre Hartley Dunne

Cadden Rose Bigi Campbell Tait

Moult Bowman

For me McHugh has been struggling for a while now, I really like him as a player and captain but he has been very sluggish and wasteful with the ball. I think a week on the bench could do him some good. There is an argument for doing the same with Campbell especially given his age. He is going to be a huge asset for us but has been playing a lot of football. In either case I think a week out the team is warranted. Bigi has been looking good from the bench and I think he looks like he now understands the pace of play alot better. He makes things happen in the middle of the park too and hopefully should see us play a lot more football than we did against Hibs. Actually not the biggest fan of Tait defensively but I think he has done really well on the left hand side. I like Frear especially for his delivery but sometimes think he is a wee bit lightweight. I would like to see Tanner given a chance but I don't know how you fit him in for Saturday without distrupting the system we have. Would need to drop Bowman or a holding midfielder?

Regardless of the team my confidence in Robinson is sky high, can't remember having so much faith in a manager. It is so refreshing to have a manager who will change things if they are going wrong like he did on Saturday. Our options from the bench are encouraging too. So much potential for guys to step up and show how strong the squad is.

Exciting times ahead!

• Like 1

Team wise I would make a couple of changes from Saturday

Carson

Kipre Hartley Dunne

Cadden Rose Bigi Campbell Tait

Moult Bowman

That's the line-up for me, too. It's likely to be a physical encounter so important to have Tait over Frear, and Campbell, and Rose in the team as they all provide a bit of solidity. Wouldn't be disappointed if McHugh played instead of Bigi, but I think the latter's performance against Hibs deserves a start, and his passing could be a huge benefit.

• Like 1