Scottish Premiership Game 13: Aberdeen (A) 18/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Nil points, im afraid.

Based on what ? We have already beaten them in the League cup and were unlucky not to have taken at least a point from them in the league at Fir park. They are average at best so we have nothing to fear, although an improvement on the 1st 45 at Dingwall last week will be needed. This is the time for SR to get his strongest 11 on the park it will be good practice for the cup final. For what it's worth I am going for 2-1 to the good guy's.

I think this is perfect preparation for the final. A game that will need us fully concentrated and close to our best to get a result. All going well, Id hope to start the next 2 games with the same shape and personel.

Slight worry would be Cadden and Campbell coming back leggy from their international exploits as happened against Accies iirc.

I remember George. Played with Patrick thistle and St Mirren. He was an officer in our BB company.

That's right. Then when he became a ref he quickly moved up the ranks to SFA Development Officer and then Head of Refereeing at FIFA.

Used to enjoy giving fans of the OF serious stick (plus the odd dig at Accies) in his classroom.

At least Tiny had a sense of humour.

Story goes he was reffing an OF game, and Jinky Johnstone, who took out his wallies to play and then left them in the dressing room, lost the rag and swore at him. As he ordered him off, TW is supposed to have said, "Mr Johnstone, I'm about to reacquaint you with your teeth."

I have little confidence in Craig Thomson. Bring back Davie (1991) Syme.

• Like 1

David Syme. That name itself reminds me that fans of different clubs have their own perceptions of who's the real "bastard in the black".

If you ever have the need to reduce an Airdrie fan to tears you need only utter the words Tynecastle, Dunfermline, handball and of course David Syme.

But yeah, I will also concede to a sigh of resignation upon hearing of Thomson's appointment to the Final.

David Syme. That name itself reminds me that fans of different clubs have their own perceptions of who's the real "bastard in the black".

If you ever have the need to reduce an Airdrie fan to tears you need only utter the words Tynecastle, Dunfermline, handball and of course David Syme.

But yeah, I will also concede to a sigh of resignation upon hearing of Thomson's appointment to the Final.

For that decision alone, he should be inducted into the Motherwell 'Hall of Fame' and given the freedom of Brandon Parade :fuck:

• Like 1

At least Tiny had a sense of humour.

Story goes he was reffing an OF game, and Jinky Johnstone, who took out his wallies to play and then left them in the dressing room, lost the rag and swore at him. As he ordered him off, TW is supposed to have said, "Mr Johnstone, I'm about to reacquaint you with your teeth."

I have little confidence in Craig Thomson. Bring back Davie (1991) Syme.

My favourite ref. Tiny was huge and had no fears when splitting up brawls. On more than one occasion I saw him throw players to the ground and even grab some troublemakers by the throat. He was scrupulously fair and widely respected for that. He wasn't one to dish out yellow a cards willy nilly. An old fashioned ref.

Hi I've never been to Pittodrie before - where is a good place to park?

Got my wee lad with me - is there a bar like the cooper bar or do you need to get food somewhere else?

There's loads of space to park down the beach end along the promenade. Not sure if Aberdeen have anywhere like the Cooper but there's a couple of golf clubs happy to accept visiting fans. Pretty sure they accept kids.

Big game, we really want to avoid going into the final on the back of 3 defeats. I'd bite your hand off for a draw at the moment but we are more than capable of winning up there. In terms of the side I would go with as close to the team we are planning for the final as possible:

Carson

Kipre Hartley Dunne

Cadden Bigi McHugh Rose Tait

Bowman Moult

Campbell was playing during the week so would let him drop out. I know Cadden was too but for me we don't have as much depth in that position. I think we need to get back to doing what we do best rather than trying to change things for the sake of it. Not sure why Bowman was ever dropped but need to get back to the two up front. A decision has to be made about Kipre given recent form but I would be in favour of keeping him in there for his physical abilities and showing some faith in him. I can see both sides of this argument though. Contrary to some I think we need to stick with 2 up front for the final so wouldn't change anything with a view to this. 4-4-2 for the final leaves us short in midfield and 4-5-1 would leave Moult isolated up front. For me, we need to stick with the system that has worked for us.