Scottish Premiership Game 13: Aberdeen (A) 18/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Big game, we really want to avoid going into the final on the back of 3 defeats. I'd bite your hand off for a draw at the moment but we are more than capable of winning up there. In terms of the side I would go with as close to the team we are planning for the final as possible:

Carson

Kipre Hartley Dunne

Cadden Bigi McHugh Rose Tait

Bowman Moult

Campbell was playing during the week so would let him drop out. I know Cadden was too but for me we don't have as much depth in that position. I think we need to get back to doing what we do best rather than trying to change things for the sake of it. Not sure why Bowman was ever dropped but need to get back to the two up front. A decision has to be made about Kipre given recent form but I would be in favour of keeping him in there for his physical abilities and showing some faith in him. I can see both sides of this argument though. Contrary to some I think we need to stick with 2 up front for the final so wouldn't change anything with a view to this. 4-4-2 for the final leaves us short in midfield and 4-5-1 would leave Moult isolated up front. For me, we need to stick with the system that has worked for us.

nope

Campbell out and a straight swap for grimshaw

the wee man will be champin at the bit come next sunday

only my opinion mind :crazy:

The second time we've played both Aberdeen and Hibernian this season I've felt like they have adapted their set up to tactically nullify us - and its worked. We've lost both and failed to score in both. I wasn't at Ross County so can't comment too much on that match but the result was there to see and a trend is starting to develop.

I think we need to show a bit more stylistic and tactical invention when we start coming round for the second or third time.

I've said before that we should play a four at the back against Celtic, tomorrow would be a good time to trial run it.

The result at Ross County seemed to hinge mostly on horrific defending.

I agree, however, that teams will set out to nullify us. That's what I meant a few weeks ago when I said that we need to switch it up a bit, particularly in the use of Frear, Bigi, Tanner etc. who can add a bit more variation and guile to our play.

I'm looking for a win here, or at least a draw. We can start worrying about next week, tomorrow.

Agree with that.

Next week will take care of itself. We also dont want to lose 3 league games on the bounce, obviously, and with Celtic in the league twice as our next 2 games 3 could easily become 5 so we ideally need to get something today although I appreciate its a big ask.

If we get even a point today then the manager will have been vindicated but I think we should start with the 11 that got us to 3rd and a cup final.

For me the league games are far more important than the cup and with Celtic in the league twice if we get nothing today we are probably looking at a fairly long losing streak. Im just treating next Sunday as an enjoyable day out and nothing more. Chance of winning the final are probably something like 5% I would have thought.

I wonder if Campbell is being tested, or at least protected a bit from potential burn out? He surely cant have been dropped?!?!

Decent team however.

milo I don't think hes dropped ! but played 2 x 90mins last week so a wee rest is due, plus we need to make sure grimshaw is ready IF reqd at some point

Grimshaw has a been a man down every time he has been on the park this season. Surprised to see him in the team.

Plummer on the bench is a weird one as well.

A man down? Bit harsh. Seemed to do well when he came on against Hibs (away) and Aberdeen in the cup.

Pleased with the team today, glad we've went back to what we know best system wise