Scottish Premiership Game 13: Aberdeen (A) 18/11/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I notice the Aberdeen Asst Mgr say on BBC that we caught them out by playing a system they didn't expect so quodos to Robbo and the lads for showing we are far from a one trick pony. Just may have Celtic wondering how we will set up on Sunday....mind you we (the fans) are wondering too!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I notice the Aberdeen Asst Mgr say on BBC that we caught them out by playing a system they didn't expect so quodos to Robbo and the lads for showing we are far from a one trick pony. Just may have Celtic wondering how we will set up on Sunday....mind you we (the fans) are wondering too!!

What system was that? Looked fairly standard with Grimshaw in for Campbells meaty meat balls.

What system was that? Looked fairly standard with Grimshaw in for Campbells meaty meat balls.

Don't know mate wasn't there just quoting the Aberdeen man....according to radio we went 4 5 1 after 2nd goal and comfortably managed it out, on paper it did indeed look the usual 3 5 2 perhaps one of the folks there can tell us

From what Ive heard and read, I think weve went with a 4312 that has Dunne at left back and Cadden in the hole. Im looking forward to the highlights.

Very positive post-match interview from Robinson with regards the task ahead, so refreshing. Interesting though that Bigis absence was down to competition for places rather than a knock.

Started out as 4-3-1-2 formation with a narrow 3 of Rose, McHugh and Grimshaw in the middle and Cadden in the hole behind the front 2. Seem to catch Aberdeen by surprise as we pressed them high, dominated the early stages and forced Lewis into 3 decent saves from Grimshaw and Rose twice. Aberdeen came back into it but we got the goal at right the time just before the break.

Once we got the 2nd Frear came on for Bowman(he took a hefty dunt in the 1st half) and we went to a more standard 4-1-4-1 with Frear and Cadden outwide and McHugh sitting in front of the back 4. That was the 2 formation changes I noticed, the 3rd must have been more subtle as I never picked up on it. Anyway it snuffed Aberdeen out completely and they never really looked like getting back into it.

On the game it was the most comfortable win weve had at Pittodrie for years. Like the cup game we won the midfield battle with Rose, McHugh and Grimshaw all excellent. As was the back 4 with Kipre and Tait in particular looking far more comfortable in their natural positions. Hartley bossed things at the back as per and just like the cup a couple of bits of magic from Moult won it- although the build up play from Cadden for the 2nd was sensational.

After a couple of poor performances/defeats it was back to business today with another clean sheet and a comfortable 3 points.

• Like 3

Started out as 4-3-1-2 formation with a narrow 3 of Rose, McHugh and Grimshaw in the middle and Cadden in the hole behind the front 2. Seem to catch Aberdeen by surprise as we pressed them high, dominated the early stages and forced Lewis into 3 decent saves from Grimshaw and Rose twice. Aberdeen came back into it but we got the goal at right the time just before the break.

Once we got the 2nd Frear came on for Bowman(he took a hefty dunt in the 1st half) and we went to a more standard 4-1-4-1 with Frear and Cadden outwide and McHugh sitting in front of the back 4. That was the 2 formation changes I noticed, the 3rd must have been more subtle as I never picked up on it. Anyway it snuffed Aberdeen our completely and they never really looked like getting back into it.

On the game it was the most comfortable win weve had at Pittodrie for years. Like the cup game we won the midfield battle with Rose, McHugh and Grimshaw all excellent. As was the back 4 with Kipre and Tait in particular looking far more comfortable in their natural positions. Hartley bossed things at the back as per and just like the cup a couple of bits of magic from Moult won it- although the build up play from Cadden for the 2nd was sensational.

After a couple of poor performances/defeats it was back to business today with another clean sheet and a comfortable 3 points.

Great analysis thanks for that

I see BBC Sport Shortbread are showing a clip of our seven-goal horsing by the Mutton Molesters.

Surely motivation enough?

Apologies for being petty, but it sure was. Just to rub salt in their wound Moulty scored both goals - how inconsiderate and selfish of us not to sell him cut price to the Dons in the summer. :haha:

The media won't say it but I will "Well gain revenge on Aberdeen for league loss at Fir Park". If the "unbiased" BBC pundits consider that the result was down to Aberdeen being very poor then I hope many others think the same. We however, know better.

A good win for us at the start of a difficult run of fixtures, and it sets us up nicely for next weekend's final. It seems that Robbo's formation caught Derek McInnes out and this was a game won as much off the park as on it. Good to see Liam Grimshaw step in and play well. He's a player I admire - full of running and aggression. A real team performance though.

COYW!

• Like 1

any one who was there today,how did grimshaw play ? just curious as I spoke to him 2 week ago and he was like a wound up spring chocking to get on the park

I thought he was decent, put in a lot of good tackles, similar in nature to Campbell and nearly scored with a shot from outside the box that Lewis parried away, he eventually came off for Campbell with 20 mins to go, we dominated the midfield today which I think is imperative against a team like Aberdeen.

• Like 1

Heehee: petty away Kmcalpin. Well said.

BBC Radio Shortbread dreadful as usual, with the usual drivel from the impartial Aberdonians.

I like Grimshaw, and relished the ball he put through to King Louis when we beat the MMs at Fir Park. There's a lot more to come from him, if he can get into the team. Same for Bigi, which says a lot for our midfield strength.

Petravicius could also be a stunner out left, if he gets game time.

Now for a week of: "I'm concerned about Motherwell's physicality" from Saint Brendan, all lapped up by the BBC dweebs (and Craig Thomson).

Comorrawell!