Scottish Premiership Game 14: Celtic (H) 29/11/17 19:45

CoF

But there is a world of difference between what he will say in public and what he will say behind closed doors in his professional capacity. To say he isnt the type to confront and fight when in reality we cant be sure is (in my opinion anyway) a little unfair.

If he is fighting behind the scenes why can't he be honest and fight in public. Brendan Rogers is happy to stand in front of cameras and lie about the incidents. The facts are clear.

1. Scott Sinclair dived for a penalty, he admitted it in his own words

2. Callum McGregor dived for a penalty

3. The SFA haven't (yet) cited either player

It is silence out of Fir Park. Why are Motherwell scared of the truth? Or are they scared of the SFA and Celtic?

Celtic had a referee apologise for a mistake then published it in every national newspaper.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/877729/referee-don-robertson-will-call-celtic-manager-brendan-rodgers-to-apologise-for-his-penalty-blunder-following-alex-schalk-dive-in-ross-county-match/

that was after publicly threatening his refereeing career

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-says-10272606

And Celtic don't seem to be getting ANY negative consequences. In fact their histor of persecuting and harassing referees seems to have worked out quite well for them.

I was also at that end of the East, and it wasn't the "Bois" who were chanting that. It was, mostly, a number of young kids who probably had no real idea what they were singing about. Granted, it's still inexcusable.

What's even worse though is seeing grown men in their 40s and 50s, there with kids of their own, smiling and laughing as they chant about paedophilia and Lisbon Lions being dying over the next few years.

It's absolutely disgraceful and pathetic behaviour, and we're a long, long way past the "It's only a song at the fitba" stage.

• Like 1

I was also at that end of the East, and it wasn't the "Bois" who were chanting that. It was, mostly, a number of young kids who probably had no real idea what they were singing about. Granted, it's still inexcusable.

What's even worse though is seeing grown men in their 40s and 50s, there with kids of their own, smiling and laughing as they chant about paedophilia and Lisbon Lions being dying over the next few years.

It's absolutely disgraceful and pathetic behaviour, and we're a long, long way past the "It's only a song at the fitba" stage.

That and the coin throwing is out of order, scumbag behaviour.

Missiles were raining onto the pitch at a couple of points when the action was in front of the 2nd last section.

We cant promote ourselves as a family club if sections of our support are going to behave like this.

Does anyone know what the chat with objects being thrown onto the park was? Also, saw something on Twitter about Griffiths throwing something into the crowd. Same account did claim that Sinclair's "Shhh" gesture when he scored to East Stand was provocative similar to Higdon, etc so may be a lot of nonsense.

Griffiths threw something back into the crowd, I seen it from the opposite end of the East Stand.

Flinging a few sweeties and singing a few 'poor-taste' songs isn't great, but we watch their fans doing the same week-in, week-out, everywhere they go, on a far greater scale, and in a far more sinister way, while getting away with whatever the fuck they want.

When playing the old firm that end of the stand has been known to jump on the pitch at full time and challenge the opposition support to a square go in the penalty box - when they aren't too busy letting off fireworks , did it come as a total surprise when you went up there that you heard some naughty songs ?

Does anyone know what the chat with objects being thrown onto the park was? Also, saw something on Twitter about Griffiths throwing something into the crowd. Same account did claim that Sinclair's "Shhh" gesture when he scored to East Stand was provocative similar to Higdon, etc so may be a lot of nonsense.

There were loads of objects flying on the pitch at one point, Griffiths picked up what looked like a plastic bottle and threw it back towards the east stand.

You can see Sinclair giving the sh sign clearly on the BBC video of the goal, but he had every right, he had taken pelters from us.

7125389.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Flinging a few sweeties and singing a few 'poor-taste' songs isn't great, but we watch their fans doing the same week-in, week-out, everywhere they go, on a far greater scale, and in a far more sinister way, while getting away with whatever the fuck they want.

Sorry mate, but that's just daft levels of whataboutery.

I don't give a flying fuck what "they" get up to. Two wrongs don't make a right. The Motherwell fans who were throwing things on the park or chanting the 'poor taste' songs were bang out of order and it, IMO, has absolutely no place at Fir Park.

• Like 1

Sorry mate, but that's just daft levels of whataboutery.

I don't give a flying fuck what "they" get up to. Two wrongs don't make a right. The Motherwell fans who were throwing things on the park or chanting the 'poor taste' songs were bang out of order and it, IMO, has absolutely no place at Fir Park.

As I've said, its not right, but it pales into insignificance considering what our 'rivals' get up to, and considering the week our Club has had I'm not surprised that a portion of our fans took it a wee bit further than they usually do.

Griffiths threw something back into the crowd, I seen it from the opposite end of the East Stand.

But they are paranoid victimised hypocritical fannies. Just because they get away with scummery does not mean for one second we are OK to do it. We should be self policing this pish out our club.

There were loads of objects flying on the pitch at one point, Griffiths picked up what looked like a plastic bottle and threw it back towards the east stand.

You can see Sinclair giving the sh sign clearly on the BBC video of the goal, but he had every right, he had taken pelters from us.

Yeah, saw the picture. No issue with the little diving fuck doing that - I'd be the same to be honest. Was more saying that the twitter account going on about Griffiths throwing stuff into crowd also thinks the "shhh" from Sinclair is a sanctionable action - which of course it isn't - which made me think it was all a lot of bollocks.

Us throwing stuff onto pitch is embarrassing and not acceptable. Griffiths retaliating thou?? Wonder how that would go down if it was one of our players?

He took the pelters because he is a diving bastard...a wee bit of humility and self-awareness wouldnt have gone amiss from the wee wank

He doesnt need humility or self-awareness, cause he gets to pump and dive on Helen Flannigan every night, jammy bastard. He probably gets a wee wank an aw.

As I've said, its not right, but it pales into insignificance considering what our 'rivals' get up to, and considering the week our Club has had I'm not surprised that a portion of our fans took it a wee bit further than they usually do.

If everyone took your view then it would slowly become the norm to hear a section of our fans singing and acting like the bigot brothers - if it wasnt acceptable last week and last month then its not acceptable this week no matter what.

Had to talk to a guy at the final because of his bigoted views - totally pisses me off.

• Like 2

Im of the belief that Collum gave the penalty because if he didnt it would have shown up Thompson fuck up on Sunday. So as soon as there was contact and McGregor dropped to the ground, he stuck out his arm in unity with his mate.

Contact between the players is irrelevant, football is a contact sport, there has to be a foul committed to incur a penalty award, so just like Thompson on Sunday, Collum made a James Hunt of it. Does anybody remotely think that if that tackle had been at the other end and Motherwell were a goal down then we would have been given a pen, no feckin chance.

The bigot brothers, especially Celtic are expert at influencing referees to their advantage as can be seen from St Brendan's and Browns comments today, nothing gets done so they think they are untouchable.

But until the other 40 clubs in Scotland grow a set and stand up to it and demand changes then nothing will change.

• Like 1

Before he opened his mouth Scott Brown should maybe have checked out the club who

Had a result overturned in Europe (Rapid Vienna) when a bottle was thrown on the pitch

Assaulted Hugh Dallas with a coin

Assaulted the AC Milan goalkeeper on the pitch

Assaulted PSG players on the pitch

and the answer is.................

• Like 1

Before he opened his mouth Scott Brown should maybe have checked out the club who

Had a result overturned in Europe (Rapid Vienna) when a bottle was thrown on the pitch

Assaulted Hugh Dallas with a coin

Assaulted the AC Milan goalkeeper on the pitch

Assaulted PSG players on the pitch

and the answer is.................

The answer is " Celtic never guilty always the victims, never beaten, always cheated "

As endorsed by SFA, SPFL, any Scottish media etc

The answer is " Celtic never guilty always the victims, never beaten, always cheated "

As endorsed by SFA, SPFL, any Scottish media etc

What was so depressing about BBC Shortbread's Sportsound programme was A) 39 minutes on Rangers' AGM, Rangers' next manager, Rangers' performance V Aberdeen B) Kenny Mac desperately trying to shout down/interrupt Rae and Ferguson when they were giving their opinion on Collum's decision C) KM replaying footage from a Celtic fan which apparently showed contact between Rose and MacGregor and then trying to rush Rae and Ferguson to say it showed it was a penalty D0 Lots of coverage of Brown's deflection re coins thrown by East Standites.

As ever, simple question never considered: would Motherwell have got a penalty in such circumstances?

How aboot naw, suckers?

Kenny Mac seemed really desperate to close down debate on Collum's decision. Must have received instruction from on high from Saint Brendan.

Is it a coincidence that Tom English and Micky Stewart, who both tweeted it was no penalty, were absent tonight?

I've now seen the highlights and the penalty decision from another angle.

I can see why the penalty was given. Soft, but I can see it.

The foul on Moult looks soft. I'd be raging if that was given against us and the opposition scored.

There. I said.

I've now seen the highlights and the penalty decision from another angle.

I can see why the penalty was given. Soft, but I can see it.

The foul on Moult looks soft. I'd be raging if that was given against us and the opposition scored.

There. I said.

Yeah after seeing Suttons tweet, I can see why it was given. Neither pen decision is as clearcut as they initially looked, hence the split in opinion for each decision.

Och it was never a fucking penalty. Never. I honestly cant believe there is any debate about it. It was the worst decision at Fir Park since the disallowed offside goal against Rangers a few years ago. If you watch the footage that supposedly shows it as a stonewaller you can see Collum pointing at the spot before McGregor has landed from his first flip.

I am still utterly furious. Cant honestly remember being as angry after a game. Seeing folk actually believing the shite being pedalled by media outlets and Celtic that it was a fair decision is boiling my blood even more.

Might need to start smoking again or something.

• Like 2

Och it was never a fucking penalty. Never. I honestly cant believe there is any debate about it. It was the worst decision at Fir Park since the disallowed offside goal against Rangers a few years ago. If you watch the footage that supposedly shows it as a stonewaller you can see Collum pointing at the spot before McGregor has landed from his first flip.

I am still utterly furious. Cant honestly remember being as angry after a game. Seeing folk actually believing the shite being pedalled by media outlets and Celtic that it was a fair decision is boiling my blood even more.

Might need to start smoking again or something.

It's ok, swami. In cases like these, I revert to my default (and very annoying) setting: would we have got it in the same circumstances?

We all know the answer, of course.

At least Brendan has outed himself as a spiteful hypocrite, so progress has been made.

Just when I thought my contempt for Psycho Brown could not get any worse, the divot can't help himself.