Scottish Premiership Game 15: Celtic (A) 02/12/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Just watched the highlights from yesterday and I'm in no doubt we ran out of gas in the latter stages of the game. Not surprising really given the run of 3 games in less than a week. Overall, I'd say we've done well in the past week. I've no doubt Robbo ans Las will be scrutinising our performances to identify where we can improve, which players are not up to scratch and so on.

Celtic are a very good team, so credit where its due, but so they should be on their budget. In each of the games we were thoroughly tested. So, where were our key weaknesses? I think we've been found wanting defensively at wing back/full back. Tait for all his endeavour and attacking ability has been found wanting a bit. Charles Dunne has added much needed pace and height but hasn't been the most reliable. However I think its our midfield thats been under most pressure. Yesterday particularly and to a lesser extent in the previous 2 games we've defended very deeply and narrowly which immediately put our defenders under more pressure. As Captain Oats observed in a different forum James Forrest seems to have been a thorn in our flesh over the past week. He scored again yesterday. Our new found physicality has been much publicised and thats true to an extent, but Celtic more than matched us in that respect.

I'm just glad to get the past week out of the way and now we can move on. One positive is that our squad had been thoroughly tested and that will surely shape Robbo's future personnel plans.

What an utter fanny he is.

Complete lack of humility!

Did he wait until the MFC coach pulled out the car park then get brave? Be interesting how it pans out, as Burrows always seems really well liked in Media circles, but Brendan is the saviour of Scottish Football...

The lack of humility is quite astounding. Brenda obviously well suited to that mob.

Also very interested to see how this plays out. Weve heard quite a lot about how well treated the press guys are when they come to Fir Park and generally Alan seems very highly thought of by the media and other club officials.

On the flip side, Brenda the tranny shagger has been hailed as the saviour of Scottish football and hasnt received a hint of criticism yet. Will the press see a fairly personal attack on an official of another club a step too far and call him out on it, or will Rodgers remain untouchable?

Just watched the highlights from yesterday and I'm in no doubt we ran out of gas in the latter stages of the game. Not surprising really given the run of 3 games in less than a week. Overall, I'd say we've done well in the past week. I've no doubt Robbo ans Las will be scrutinising our performances to identify where we can improve, which players are not up to scratch and so on.

Celtic are a very good team, so credit where its due, but so they should be on their budget. In each of the games we were thoroughly tested. So, where were our key weaknesses? I think we've been found wanting defensively at wing back/full back. Tait for all his endeavour and attacking ability has been found wanting a bit. Charles Dunne has added much needed pace and height but hasn't been the most reliable. However I think its our midfield thats been under most pressure. Yesterday particularly and to a lesser extent in the previous 2 games we've defended very deeply and narrowly which immediately put our defenders under more pressure. As Captain Oats observed in a different forum James Forrest seems to have been a thorn in our flesh over the past week. He scored again yesterday. Our new found physicality has been much publicised and thats true to an extent, but Celtic more than matched us in that respect.

I'm just glad to get the past week out of the way and now we can move on. One positive is that our squad had been thoroughly tested and that will surely shape Robbo's future personnel plans.

I think in fairness when looking at individual players I would not be judging them against a team full of players on a totally different level. As we all know Celtics playing budget is massive and the real judgement should be against teams on a similar level to ours. We match up very well on that basis and im given the limitations budget wise were doing ok.

Did not make it yesterday, but talking to someone who went saying that reckons Moult pulled up with possible hamstring and also Carson also having a shoulder injury, hope they are both fit for Tynecastle?

Moult will be fine, it was a tight hamstring for him and he went off as a precaution. Carson shoulder was definitely affecting him, could barely move his arm for the last 2 goals if he was ok I reckon he would've got to the header that Tait tried to get back to him for the 4th goal. If he's out then I've got plenty faith in Russell Griffiths stepping in for him.

Just quickly back to the game. First time at the piggery for several years and yesterday it was a good day at the football, apart from the 5-1 rout.

Stewards were most pleasant, policing next to invisible. Not a comment on the behaviour of the unwashed but if that's how we're now being treated I'll probably give it another go to see if this was a one off fluke. Maybe that pillar will be gone next time as well!

I can see the Monday morning headlines ' Chief Executive uses laptop shocker!!!!!'

Tough week for the team and the club and it is really disappointing that after all their hard work it ends in a 5-1 defeat. It was just one bridge too far.

I have a Celtic supporting friend at work who said he was really impressed by the fitness levels of the Motherwell side. He watches Celtic every week and said that the big difference with Rodgers Celtic team is their fitness levels. On that level alone Motherwell matched them, which few teams can now do. The difference is that it is far harder to chase the game no matter how fit you are. To run out of steam after 270 minutes of punishing football is no embarrassment.

I want Celtic to win on Tuesday for no other reason than, if we are going to have to suffer the negative effects of a team with much bigger resources than ourselves then we may as well reap the benefits regarding money coming into the Scottish game and coefficients etc.

Brendan Rodgers has let himself down a bit this week with his comments but he is a good manager who has assembled a very good side. Having talented managers and talented players in our league can only be a good thing. Owen Coyle and Steve Clarke will hopefully prove welcome additions and I believe that in our own man Stephen Robinson we have unearthed a really good manager who has really come into his own over the last week.

So far this season we have had a cup final, we are sitting high in the league matching teams like Rangers, Aberdeen and Hibs. It's all good. Next week at Hearts will tell us more about our team and their resilience than yesterday ever will.

• Like 2

Whether hes called Brenda Brendan or whatever, theres no denying the guy is an absolute cock, and a media manipulating one at that

Wouldnt disagree at all. Used to think he was ok but he has shown his true colours in the last month. Pandering to those cunts by not wearing a poppy and behaving like a cunt in our trilogy of games.

• Like 1

The media requires no manipulation. The majority of the media depends on fans of the OF for their readership and financial wellbeing. They need to manufacture controversy and clicks to keep them coming back. Even more so in this age of manufactured outrage on social media.

Rodgers is also in CYA mode after some embarrassing results in the Champions League. "Oh look over there" is his basic strategy to deflect his own fans from turning on him for a few feeble efforts.

That whole environment is toxic. I remember Davie Hay when he was managing us as being open, friendly and very entertaining in his interviews. After a couple of months in the Celtic hotseat he turned into a miserable bugger, sniping away at everyone.

When he moved on, he was all sweetness and light again.

Rodgers is a fucking fraud of a manager. He's good at taking good teams and making them even better but falls to pieces the moment he doesn't have a massive financial and quality advantage over the opposition. That's why he was sacked at Liverpool, will never achieve anything of note in Europe and will never get another chance at a top English club. He's tiers below even the likes of Allardyce and Pulis.

So the guy who feels that it is acceptable to talk about and comment on every other team and player in the leagues feels that he has enough moral high ground to have a pop at us, the irony is painful.

Rodgers has previous with us of course. Not that long ago, he and his assistant Chris Davies became embroiled in a bitter spat with our groundsman over training etiquette. Davies and Rodgers denied everything not surprisingly.

Rodgers has previous with us of course. Not that long ago, he and his assistant Chris Davies became embroiled in a bitter spat with our groundsman over training etiqutte. Davies and Rodgers denied everything not surprisingly.

well they didnae actually deny it they basically said we are smellic n we will kick the ball / train / do doggys on any part of our half park we wont to ..... as weve done it on all the other parks in the prem league n paul the grounds man gave them a bit of lip ten so did mcghoo

they are basically of the frame of mind that " we will do what we like so f@@k yous " a shower of SHITE, my opinion only of course

On BBC Shortbread's Sportsound tonight the presenter reads Brendan Rogers' post-match diatribe against the club and Burrows and then asks Tom English if he agrees. Despite admitting he wasn't at the match, he concurs and says Burrows' supposed conduct with his laptop was "cheap". Other panellists (Boyd and Stewart) not asked their opinion, strangely. Then on to the Killie game very quickly. The cult of Brendan still very strong at Pacific Quay, obviously.

I don't know what annoyed me more after the LCSF: English's completely unfair character assassination of Bowman or Rodgers wading into an issue he had no right to. Of course, it had the desired effect, paint us as dirty players and make sure the referee gets the message for our games with Sellick. I feel we have had less fight and snap in our tackling since then, too.

Thought it was impossible for me to dislike a team more than Rangers but the way things are going.......

• Like 1

I don't quite know the in's and out's of the solidarity payment but I can happily live with them doing whatever in Europe if it puts a couple of hundred thousand quid our way.

And knowing that after recent events it will annoy them that they are generating revenue for us, I'll take every possible opportunity to thank them for it.