Scottish Premiership Game 17: Partick (A) 13/12/17 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Not sure what your point actually is there. What are your expectations this season? Nothing wrong with ambition and big dreams, but that's hardly a balanced view of the situation.

I'd say we've had 3 disappointing results - 4-1 St Johnstone, 3-2 County and 1-0 Hearts. We've been to a Cup Final, gone toe to toe with Celtic twice, beaten Aberdeen twice and Rangers once and have consistently taken points off the teams around us in a damn tight league. That's all off the back off one of the biggest squad turnovers in the clubs recent history.

What more are you realistically expecting after 23 competitive games? I'd say it's not too bad considering the majority of the squad is, according to you; mediocre, inconsistent, out of form or just plain poor.

Honestly, if you've considered where we were in the summer and considered where we are now and still aren't satisfied then maybe Motherwell isn't the team for you. I don't mean to be disparaging but really, what are your expectations at this stage?

For once I do actually agree with a lot of what Ya Bezzer says. But I also think that is an excellent and well thought out response.

Losing arguably our 4 best players is too much for a team with our size of squad. I went along on Saturday and it was turgid from both sides. One of the only times this season I wish I had not bothered.

Heading to Firhill tomorrow and hoping for better. But I suspect Moult and Cadden are defo out and if Hartley is as well as Carson then it could be a long night again. Hope not and that the latter 2 make it or that the fringe players step up and prove that we are not a one man team.

That week against Celtic really has taken its toll.

Injuries, momentum and a bit of the general positivity taken away after the circus of that week.

Yes, it has. However the team has done well this season and we shouldn't forget that. If we can can finish 8th or above in the league I'll consider that a success. We're now finding out the shortcomings in our squad. Tonight will be a huge test and I suspect home advantage will count.

Hope somebody can help. Have managed to register with Partick ppv with my VPN location in the United States. They are asking for payment by card naturally. However I have to give my UK address for this. Will this stop my registration?

It looks like a 3rd party payment processor, so you might get away with a UK address. It really depends what rules they have set up.

If I was to guess, I'd say you were fine, as I imagine Thistle fans based in the UK sometimes register for games when they are on holiday etc. - and they will have UK addresses.

Its not the team I wouldve picked but then it was never going to be!

Pleased that Campbell and Grimshaw both start, presumably both in central midfield.

Interesting that Bigirimana and Tanner are both on the bench. I wonder if Robinsons comments about players moaning they werent involved when the team was winning but then failing to influence games was aimed at them?

Its not the team I wouldve picked but then it was never going to be!

Pleased that Campbell and Grimshaw both start, presumably both in central midfield.

Interesting that Bigirimana and Tanner are both on the bench. I wonder if Robinsons comments about players moaning they werent involved when the team was winning but then failing to influence games was aimed at them?[/quote

Anyone with eyes could see Tanner and Bigi were better than the Lithuanian who's entire contribution amounted to miscontrolling the ball out the park twice.

Shitfest ahead going by that team.

Most of our midfield battlers in there tonight rather than a bit of guile and creativity. Big responsibility on Tait and Frear to create.

Given Thistles perceived weakness in centre mid I would have preferred to see Tanner or Bigi in there for some composure on the ball but at least theres options from the bench.

Not overly confident about this which is a feeling I havent had much since the start of the season. Id take a draw and hope we have some of our main men back for Saturday.

1-1 Bowman and Storey.