Who Do We Bring In January

Andrew1988

For a football player that is not great...double it and your into 'good' in terms of the Scottish premiership. (Outside of the old firm).

Some of our more senior players were in three times Moult's wage...

There's no chance we have players on 3 grand a week plus bonuses. Absolutely no chance.

I understood a couple of seasons ago the club put a cap in that no one was getting 2 grand and that players that were in the 100,000 bracket had to take a cut or skedaddle.

Our very top paid players will be in the £70 - 80,000 region, max.

I do think we should factor in a transfer fund into our seasonal budget. It doesn't have to be a huge amount but sometimes paying £50,000 or £75,000 to buy out a contract is the difference between bringing in some real quality that isn't available on the free contract circuit.

Funny how this place 6 weeks ago raved about how Bowman running was instrumental to Moult performing. Now for too many he's as pish as he was perceived in the summer. Oh how we enjoy the rollercoaster.

I don't really think that is what most people are saying.

Bowman can have a role to play but he's not going to step into Moult's shoes. Bowman is not an instinctive finisher, he's just not that kind of player.

• Like 1

I think Bowman is suffering from the absolute hatchet job the Scottish media did on him after the semi-final.

However, he is not a natural goal scorer. He could still be a reasonable foil for Moults replacement....

• Like 1

not sure who we should be shipping out or how were going to manage to do that. As far as players on the fringe or maybe not setting the heather alight:

Petravicius and Newell were brought in with an eye to the future, and are only on 1 year deals, so I dont see us loaning them out as the point was to see how they progressed in the u20s and on the fringe of the main squad. Fisher is on a 2 year deal and we need backup in that area, so moving him on so we can bring in another unproven striker to compete with bowman and moults replacement would be silly.

Plummer is a backup defender and is also injured, so moving him on would be difficult. Dont think any of our other defenders are on the way out unless we lose Kipre or hartley goes elsewhere.

The manager rates rose, and mchugh is our captain, so they arent going anywhere either whether the Danae rate them or not. Bigi is on a 2 year deal and probably half decent money, so I dont see us doing anything with him unless anyone comes in. He was also kept out the team due to the excellent form of the guys that were in there, he seems a decent player now that hes getting game time.

Griffiths is a backup goalie, no more no less, so hes going nowhere either.

As far as I can see the only outgoings (other than moult) will be if someone comes in for some of our better players, like Cadden, hartley or maybe campbell, and the possibility of a Mclean or Livingstone type going out on loan.

We were all happy with the squad until a bunch of injuries took their toll, and I doubt well be bringing in players to keep Carson, hartley, and cadden out the team, so it makes no sense to get rid of backup/role players to replace them with more backup/role players.

I see us replacing Moult and bringing in a defender.

Apart from ability there is also the personal life of players. It was rumoured that Moult's wife wanted to go back to England.

Rose has an American wife and a new baby. From what I have heard Carson and Hartley's families are still based in England. Players like all of us have families and their happiness will be a big consideration for the players. So there might be departures that we don't expect.

not sure who we should be shipping out or how were going to manage to do that. As far as players on the fringe or maybe not setting the heather alight:

The manager proved ruthless and adept at moving unwanted players out during the summer. I don't expect wholesale changes next month as many lads are under contract and in any event we don't want to disrupt the squad completely mid season. However Robbo has hinted at some departures and also that some fringe players have not impressed. We could also receive unexpected and unwanted bids for some of our better players.