Scottish Premiership Game 19: Dundee (H) 23/12/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Perhaps we were unlucky with injuries. Good effort to get back into the game and then gain a point when we were up against it. Just goes to show with our best players on the park even when only half fit we are still at least a match for most sides. There is very little between most sides in this league.

Just about deserved a point but I think Dundee will be more disappointed with the result that we were - there was a few heart attack moments in the last 10 - 15 minutes..

The first half was pretty poor fair, Dundee started better, we came into it more towards HT but you felt at that stage you could be sitting a while to see a goal from either team.

The second half was more enjoyable in that scrappy, gale blowing kind of way that is unique to Scottish football.

Poor goal to give away, 46 minutes, straight through the middle of the defence but it was a great finish from McGowan to be fair. Again we came more into the game but I always felt we were blunt up front and Dundee had more cutting edge that us, if we hadn't got a penalty I'm not sure we would have scored today.

With Carson, Frear and Cadden all struggling with injury you have to ask a few question whether players were rushed back too quickly today.

Dundee dominated in the later stages and our goal mouth enjoyed a bit of a charmed life, Carson saved the points in the final minutes.

Tanner and Tait were the best players, Carson did his bit at the end but overall we were lacking creative spark and a goal scoring edge up front.

• Like 1

All things considered a point isn't to bad, but the semifinal euphoria seems like a long time ago now.

It certainly does.

Looks like its another relegation dogfight this season which is what most of us probably expected in the summer but after the start we had it couldve (shouldve?) possibly been avoided.

Thought we were lucky to get anything at all today. We have zero going forward without Moult up front. Tanner is decent but needs someone to play off him. Bowman looks a shell of a player post Moult. We never really looked like scoring from open play. I'm not really sure what our attacking game plan is just now. Previously it was mainly being direct and getting balls in the box but any balls we now do play there is noone there to connect with him.

Christmas list: Replacement for Moult, another attacking option and another defender.

I'm not really sure what our attacking game plan is just now. Previously it was mainly being direct and getting balls in the box but any balls we now do play there is noone there to connect with him.

I said it during the game but there is no over lap in the wide positions because of the formation we play.

When Tait or Cadden got the ball they were basically on their own with 30/40/50 yards to get into a crossing position.

If only we had an option there for the guy on the ball it would make all the difference - harder to defend, better to attack with.

Very lucky to come away with a point today.

Tanner was our best player. Felt sorry for grimshaw bein taken off really think he needs a run to build his confidence. Bigirimana was better today but needs to up the tempo with his passing sometimes holds onto to long in my opinion.

Frear is a good player but im getting a bit fed up with his constant injuries.

Newell was lost up front on his own as tanner went wide right 2nd half and didnt press like id expect from our strikers. Bowman was poor today but he always presses opponents.

Subs backfired on us today and im not sure the double sub was needed as we seamed to get a boot up the arse when they scored. was a good finish for dundees goal but a bad one to lose. Rose contributed nothing when he came on and its first time i thought he was poor.

Tanner is gonae be our next big thing and we need someone to compliment him up front.

Carson saved us a point today.

Cadden needs to run at players to be effective and he didnt really do that today. we wont sell him this transfer window.

Hartley was composed as always and a very important player for us along with Carson.

Whole 2nd half we looked tired and didnt press like we are used to but we were playing with 10 men. Xmas break is gonae be good for us.

Happy to get a point cos dundee should have won it 2nd half.

We were very lucky to get a point today with a number of players clearly not match fit. God we miss Moult, Bowman is lost without him and we really have no one on the books to replace him in the formation that works for us. Big challenge coming up for Robinson now, Rangers are still odds on to win the game against us even though they are very limited, they wont have forgotten the semi final and their fans are going to be buying for blood. Big January window coming up I think and thats going to define the season.

No surprise that Frear didn't fancy it today, the boys got no heart at all. For pulling his hamstring he still managed to get off that park and up the tunnel pretty quickly.

Wild.

Guy tweaked a hamstring 5 minutes after coming on and hobbled about for over 20 mins on one leg because we had no more subs left, what exactly were you expecting from him?

• Like 3

Carson makes a couple of saves to save the point at the end.

Sounded like we were dropping out of the game even before frear went off, so a point is probably the most we deserved, but we really needed to take more from this one.

We were dropping out the game before Frear went off cause we effectively had 10 men even when he was on. Hamstring went minutes after he came on and he hobbled abiut for 10 mins or so. Still some eejit in the main stand berating him for not chasin a ball down.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mabye I am just becoming intolerant and unsympathetic in my old age, but I am bemused by Frear not returning thereby leaving us down to 10 with a fair bit of the match still to go.

I take SR`s view that Frear wasn't contributing anyhow but surely keep him on as he would offer at the very least nuisance value. Certainly would have meant that Dundee would have had to keep half an eye on him whereas for last part of the game Dundee could ignore Frear`s area completely.

I suspect if we had lost the game there would have been more said about this.

Also, as mentioned by another poster, Frear seemed to go up the tunnel without too much discomfort.

Just wouldnt have happened in my day. Then, injured players would have carried their detached leg under their arm and still have manged an effort on goal!!

• Like 1