Peter Hartley

livivoice

Why is everybody over analysing what Hartley did on Saturday, yes it was a bit daft and he got red carded but he was only doing what every single well fan at the game as well as thousands of others at other clubs up and down the country have wanted to do.

The difference is, we're not paid to be professional footballers, ambassadors for the sport, community role models etc.

Why is everybody over analysing what Hartley did on Saturday, yes it was a bit daft and he got red carded but he was only doing what every single well fan at the game as well as thousands of others at other clubs up and down the country have wanted to do. IE give that obnoxious wee prick Imrie a good kicking. Needs to be done more often if you ask me

He's supposed to be a professional.

Plus, he loves to give opponents verbals and not being able to take it makes him look like a wean.

Oh, and he let the entire team down and the paying fans by missing a key game because he threw his toys out the pram.

Plus, he gave away the 2nd goal and he should have been focusing on fixing that instead of worrying about how Accies celebrated.

He shouldve done him during the game or waited till January 20th but he was backing his teammate up who was possibly giving him a hard time for booting the ball into the Well fans and since the ref wasnt going to do anything about it, someone had to!

The refs fault in many ways!

Maybe.

Last season we would have just shrugged at Imrie and walked off even if he had dropped his shorts and gave our fans the fingers . Thankfully that attitude is diffrent this year and even if it was daft the wee shit deserved it. There is at least a bit of spirit in the team. Thats how we got to a final six weeks ago.

• Like 1

Last season we would have just shrugged at Imrie and walked off even if he had dropped his shorts and gave our fans the fingers . Thankfully that attitude is diffrent this year and even if it was daft the wee shit deserved it. There is at least a bit of spirit in the team. Thats how we got to a final six weeks ago.

Aye, except Imrie ended up laughing his head off and celebrating with his mates and Accies fans. Meantime, Hartley gets a red card and we're missing a key defender in our Cup game. A game Imrie will be playing in.

To quote Donald Trump,

#Winning

Honestly

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think sufficient time has now elapsed to allow us to conclude that the SFA deems the matter to be closed. Hartley's red card issued at the end of the game and his subsequent 2 game ban represents the sum total of their response. I'd love to see the referee's report and how he covered the brawl at the end. Despite all that went on only Hartley was punished. That indicates downright poor refereeing. Because of the way in which this has been handled it'll ensure niggles continue into Saturday's game. Whoever is appointed to referee the game this weekend he'll need to be strong and preferrably experienced - some hope eh?

Still this sorry episode has clarified one issue for us. The Compliance Officer system is entirely inconsistent and open to abuse. It appears that BBC and TV staff in general have a huge influence over who gets punished and who doesn't. No other external evidence is acceptable. That doesn't inspire any sense of fairness. The system is a joke and has little credibility.

• Like 2

From what I saw at the game, Hartley was the only one that should have been punished. He should have been down the tunnel by that point, not getting involved in the Accies celebrations in the Accies half.

It was 100% his fault he was suspended - nothing to do with the BBC.

It was 100% his fault he was suspended - nothing to do with the BBC.

Peter Hartley deserves his punishment and I've no grouse with that. However after he shoved Imrie to the ground, he himself was pushed, he was kicked from behind, and he was punched. Had the BBC filmed that, and highlighted the situation as they often do, then other players would have been cited and received bans. It seems that only TV evidence is deemed acceptable by the Compliance Officer. In short if TV pundits and commentators highlight an issue then its investigated, if they choose not to then it isn't.

• Like 1

Peter Hartley deserves hi spunishment and I've no grouse with that. However after he shoved Imrie to the ground, he himself was pushed, he was kicked from behind, and he was punched. Had the BBC filmed that, and highlighted the situation as they often do, then other players would have been cited and received bans. It sems that only TV evidence is deemed acceptable by the Compliance Officer. In short if TV pundits and commentators highlight an issue then its investigated, if they choose not to then it isn't.

I suspect the Motherwell FC video captured it too.

I don't know what TV evidence was required though. Hartley received a red card and nobody else did. If the referee and linesman submitted a report to that effect that they saw the incident and deemed no other action necessary, that's case closed.

I also don't buy in to the conspiracy theory that the Compliance Officers only review things highlighted by Sportscene.

Time to move on from this one and hope Hartley has learned his lesson. If you publicly and intentionally wind players up in interviews prior to games (and, let's face it, he obviously dishes out the verbals during games too), you need to be able to handle it when your opponent got the better of you and dishes it back.

• Like 3

There was an incident a couple of weeks ago Everton v Liverpool where the Everton guy pushed a Liverpool (cannot remember names) player into the stands and wasn't even booked, even the commentators thought he would have been sent off, anyway the question is if a player pushes another player when in play, it must be deemed acceptable, but after play obviously a red card (lets face it, it was only a push)

Hartley was stupid imo but its done so need to move on. Worst part for me was getting 2 game ban for a wee push now if he had lamped him and got 2 game ban now that may have been worth it .

Or even just go completely tonto and lamp two players and a ref, and get a four game ban and one suspended. I reckon Hartley should be entitled to at least one free swing at wee Imrie , fair is fair....
  • Like 2