• Liam Grimshaw
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Craig Tanner
    • George Newell
    • Elliot Frear
    • Andy Rose
    • Null Vote

Tanner, hands down. Was involved in everything good today and at times seemed to ghost past defenders at will. Needs more end product, but given he hasnt played a massive amount I expect plenty more to come from him.

Carson was in excellent form, as was Tait yet again covering multiple opponents and charging up and down the wing. I agree that the much maligned Dunne had a good game today. Still suspect with the ball at times, but he made a lot of crucial tackles and won almost everything in the air. If only there were some way to combine his athleticism and pace with Hammells footballing ability!

Who voted for Dunne??.... couldn't pass water

I havent yet but i will be. Thought he was excellent. Correct that he is not the best passer of a ball but defensively was terrific today (and last week). Folks around me commented on similar vein as did manager. Tanner, Tait, Hartley, Carson did well also

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tanner, hands down. Was involved in everything good today and at times seemed to ghost past defenders at will. Needs more end product, but given he hasnt played a massive amount I expect plenty more to come from him.

Tanner has started eight league games and scored four goals. Don't know how many assists he has but it's certainly a few. The end product is there. I think he will be a crucial player for us in the second half of the season, the real question being where we play him to get the best out of him and to best suit the team. He'd be one of seven players we have that should be definite starters when fit. The other four places are up for grabs...
  • Like 1

Tanner has started eight league games and scored four goals. Don't know how many assists he has but it's certainly a few. The end product is there. I think he will be a crucial player for us in the second half of the season, the real question being where we play him to get the best out of him and to best suit the team. He'd be one of seven players we have that should be definite starters when fit. The other four places are up for grabs...

Spot on and Id say at least 2/3 midfield spots and 1/2 strikers depending what we bring in, in January.

Spot on and Id say at least 2/3 midfield spots and 1/2 strikers depending what we bring in, in January.

Indeed. Obviously depending on who we bring in during January but at the minute I'd say the nailed on starters when fit are Carson, Tait, Kipré, Hartley, Dunne, Cadden and Tanner. Leaves us with at least five midfielders fighting for a couple of places. And a massive question mark over who plays up front...

Went for the much maligned Dunne. I thought he was excellent today. He won a lot of headers and his pace got us out of a couple of difficult situations and his passing was much better.

Special mention to Tait who is having a great season. His fitness level lets him bust a gut to get forward and then back. He is one of best two footed players I have seen at Fir Park in a long time and this means he can play on either side and defenders do not know which foot he is going to cross with.

Hartley and Carson being back means we are so much more organised in defence.

Tanner was the only one who looked like he could create something. Doubt if we would have scored without the penalty.

• Like 1

I had mentioned a bit about Tanner on P&B. Certainly his best performance yesterday, and for me, he's definitely a no.10. Not a winger or a midfielder.

The issue with having a no.10 in the side is you need a striker who is good enough go play up on his own. For all I'm a fan of Bowman, I don't believe he's the man for that. His best performances for us have come with him as part of a front two.

A striker should he our no.1 priority in January.

Interesting. My perception was very much of him not having played much but that's more appearances than I thought. Don't get me wrong though, I've been very impressed any time I've seen him. That's more goals and assists than I thought but I think he's capable of even more from what I've seen of him.

Interesting. My perception was very much of him not having played much but that's more appearances than I thought. Don't get me wrong though, I've been very impressed any time I've seen him. That's more goals and assists than I thought but I think he's capable of even more from what I've seen of him.

I know what you mean about feeling as if he hasn't started that many games. I think it's because he has gone weeks without starting then will start one or two then drop out.

Like you, any time I've seen him I've been impressed. Hibs away when he came on he made a real difference. Even in the League Cup final, in the time between him coming on and Kipré getting sent off, he was finding pockets of space.

I think we've still to find the best way to use him but as the squad stands, he's our most important attacking player...