Scottish Premiership Game 21: Hamilton (H) 30/12/17 15:00

milo

Surprised there isnt a thread about this yet.

I was going to say that it would be great to see a reaction but that would suggest the players havent been trying. Lack of effort is certainly something that hasnt been leveled at them during this brutal run. Lack of ability, shape, tactics, decision making however.....

Absolutely need to win this or the good start to the season will be completely undone, if it isnt already, and you could also see the mood really turn against the manager and players.

3 weeks with 1 win in 11 is a long time to stew and were then resuming the season with zero wriggle room.

Personally, I think were losing this one as we are absolutely abject and have been for weeks. If we concede early the atmosphere is going to be horrible.

3-0 Accies

we dare not get beat,,but can we really pin our hopes on any of ours to step up to the plate and take the game by the scruff of the neck,or do we let wee douglee run the show and possibly score just to make it even worse

best solution is ....

game off due to snow on all approaching pavements = result, into the winter break with time to regroup etc etc

Surprised there isnt a thread about this yet.

I was going to say that it would be great to see a reaction but that would suggest the players havent been trying. Lack of effort is certainly something that hasnt been leveled at them during this brutal run. Lack of ability, shape, tactics, decision making however.....

Absolutely need to win this or the good start to the season will be completely undone, if it isnt already, and you could also see the mood really turn against the manager and players.

3 weeks with 1 win in 11 is a long time to stew and were then resuming the season with zero wriggle room.

Personally, I think were losing this one as we are absolutely abject and have been for weeks. If we concede early the atmosphere is going to be horrible.

3-0 Accies

I see your early season hope has gone and you are back to your usual doom and gloom negative pish. But on the bright side you will have saved the ticket money tomorrow as I assume you won't be going if you believe your own prediction.

• Like 1

I see your early season hope has gone and you are back to your usual doom and gloom negative pish. But on the bright side you will have saved the ticket money tomorrow as I assume you won't be going if you believe your own prediction.

Great contribution to the thread.

How do you think the game will go?

Where did I say I wouldnt be there? Ill be there in my usual seat for what its worth.

we dare not get beat,,but can we really pin our hopes on any of ours to step up to the plate and take the game by the scruff of the neck,or do we let wee douglee run the show and possibly score just to make it even worse

best solution is ....

game off due to snow on all approaching pavements = result, into the winter break with time to regroup etc etc

Disagree that the best solution is for the game to not take place, we need to get this run finished ASAP, we don't want it hanging around for another month over everyones head going into the cup match.

Just get out there and fucking perform. Making excuses only validates the lack of confidence and negativity. Go out there. Win. Prove everyone wrong. That's the only way the run ends. If we are waiting for some hero to turn up from Torquay United in January to turn everything round for us then we might as well just pack it in.

Probably right though about the pavements.

• Like 2

A massive game for us, we need to take all three points to ease the pressure going into the break. No excuses, the run we have been on is relegation form and if we don’t turn it around soon another premiership survival battle is on the horizon. The players need to man up and prove that they are worthy of a place in the side, if not, they know where the door is. I’m sure like Louis Moult there will be others who will jump at the chance at the platform we offer to help them further their career in the game.

Disagree that the best solution is for the game to not take place, we need to get this run finished ASAP, we don't want it hanging around for another month over everyones head going into the cup match.

Just get out there and fucking perform. Making excuses only validates the lack of confidence and negativity. Go out there. Win. Prove everyone wrong. That's the only way the run ends. If we are waiting for some hero to turn up from Torquay United in January to turn everything round for us then we might as well just pack it in.

Probably right though about the pavements.

it was a tounge in cheek statement ,,,, because if wee douglee scores ,,,, all be the first tae belt him in hiz wee rotten coupon with one of the new delicious steak pies :haha::haha::haha:

Great contribution to the thread.

How do you think the game will go?

Where did I say I wouldnt be there? Ill be there in my usual seat for what its worth.

I think it will be a crap game but we will win by the odd goal, would love to pump them but we can't buy a goal just now so will settle for a 1-0 win ugly.

I agree that tomorrow is game we need to be winning however I dont buy into the stuff about the good start being completely undone if we lose and the mood changing against the manager. Lets look at the first half as a whole, we are sitting in 8th. There have been some great performances like Aberdeen away, Celtic at home etc however there have been some shockers as well, but this isnt a new thing for Motherwell! If you had said to me at the start of the season we would be 8th at Christmas and have been to a cup final I would have bitten your hand off with the turnover in players we had in the summer I think thats pretty good going for a club our size.

As for tomorrow, any win will do. And I fancy us to end the bad run, 2-0 to the good guys!

I wouldn't have thought that the conditions of the surrounding pavements etc was an issue for the Police given the conditions at Firhill a week or two back when folk were falling all over the place. A few of us can also remember wading through a foot of ice and freezing water to get into Inverness' s stadium for a midweek cup game during Craig Brown's reign. Anyhow a thaw is forecast to set in.

Onto footballing matters and presumably McHugh will be a certain non starter if he sustained a head knock on Wednesday? Far from ideal but lets see Newell start and inject some pace into our attack, if only for 50 minutes or so. Accies will be short of defenders but that won't matter if we can't pressurise them. No doubt they'll play as streetwise as they usually do - time waste, break up play, niggle and foul. The ref will need to be strong from the off, but don't hold your breath. they'll also be a bit fresher given their midweek cancellation. It won't be a classic and no doubt it'll end up a midfield street scrap or brawl. Being realistic, a 0-0 draw will do me fine, although a win would be even better.

Poor form, missing players or whatever but a couple of things I have no fear about tomorrow will be our desire or ability to compete physically with them.

I don't think it's any co-incidence that our results against them have improved significantly since we began to give the fixture the respect it deserved. I was as guilty as the next for mocking them for treating the derby as their " Cup Final" but there's no doubt that their supporters and more importantly their team approached these games when they first came back up in a manner that we often failed to do.

Fancy us to sneak it by a goal, perhaps from a set-piece.

I don't think it's any co-incidence that our results against them have improved significantly since we began to give the fixture the respect it deserved. I was as guilty as the next for mocking them for treating the derby as their " Cup Final" but there's no doubt that their supporters and more importantly their team approached these games when they first came back up in a manner that we often failed to do.

Fancy us to sneak it by a goal, perhaps from a set-piece.

I would be sad to see Hamilton relegated (or us!). These games bring a bit more needle to them than most of the matches we play in a season. For me there is more at stake in a typical Motherwell v Hamilton match than there is when we play St. Johnstone or Ross County.

I think it's a good thing that these next two games, which are huge in the context of our season, are against Accies.

If nothing else the emotions will be stirred and that's what the game is really about.

Given the recent criticism of our forward play, Id like to see MacLean thrown in. If he is fully fit he deserves a chance.

This.

Ross MacLean is coming up to 21 years now and he really needs to be getting more game time.

I've gone on at length about the lack of exposure our young players get so I won't bore everyone again but when the club is repeatedly tossing money at diddy squad players I really don't understand the thinking behind it.

I think the whole concept of U20s football has had a bad influence on our football. Players should be playing at first team level at 18 or 19. By the time players step up from U20s football its far too late.