Scottish Premiership Game 21: Hamilton (H) 30/12/17 15:00

milo

The worst bit for me about that shambles of a 2nd half was the lack of reaction from the players when the 3rd goal went in. Not a single one of them were shouting and trying to gee up their team mates. Everyone to a man looked dejected and had given up.

Unaceptable!

Youre 100% right but dont worry as apparently a new striker will solve this apathy.

The way I saw it Hartley lunges in to block the shot with his leg which he does. The ball flies up in the air and hits his arm. There is no attempt to block with his arm;it's ball to hand not hand to ball.If the ball had bounced of his leg in any other directions we would be discussing a great block.

Agree with this but would like to see it again from different angles.

Also still think we has a very good claim turned down when Hartley was impeded

Agree with this but would like to see it again from different angles.

Also still think we has a very good claim turned down when Hartley was impeded

Hartley was impeded by an inability to stand up or behave like an actual footballer yesterday.

Trying harder to deck it than challenge for the ball.

He went down in my estimations yesterday.

Old heid, head gone

at the second goal look at the positioning,in days gone bye the centre half went to win the ball and the sweeper was his insurance policy behind him or vice versa ,but as Hartley goes to hit the ball (and scuffs it ) kipre is right beside and in line with him therefore one of them was in the wrong position ,, its just my take on things but at the start of the season Hartley was taking charge of organising the defence.is the pressure maybe getting to him ? just asking like

at the second goal look at the positioning,in days gone bye the centre half went to win the ball and the sweeper was his insurance policy behind him or vice versa ,but as Hartley goes to hit the ball (and scuffs it ) kipre is right beside and in line with him therefore one of them was in the wrong position ,, its just my take on things but at the start of the season Hartley was taking charge of organising the defence.is the pressure maybe getting to him ? just asking like

Reasonable question to ask. Something went awry with him yesterday. He has been brilliant for us but even before the 'penalty' I thought he was on the edge.

Was his behaviour more than the mistake that worries me

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

My take on yesterday for what its worth...

For 35 minutes or so its the best we have played for some time. Not brilliant admittedly but much improved. Then conceded from nowhere and it all went downhill from there. Three reasons for it all going pear shaped.

We are fragile and bereft of confidence

We lost our shape when Campbell got injured

We were always going to tire in second half with a number of players not 100%

What was most concerning however was that we accepted our fate in the last 10minutes without trying to drag ourselves back in to the game - yes we were dead on our feet but at least try

We made basic mistakes that cost us. Hartley and kipre for the second also thought Carson could have done better and hammell and maybe even Carson could have done better for the third.

Tanner at least tried to make things happen. Campbell played well before going off and hammell despite being overweight and culpable at the third played reasonably well too. Besides that there were very few good performances over the 90 minutes.

Also Hartley despite doing what most of wanted to do to imrie has done himself and the club no favours

Does anyone know why Hartley was red carded yesterday? The reason I ask is that as far as we know the Hamilton "hard man" who sneaked up and whacked Hartley from behind after he shoved Imrie wasn't afforded the same punishment. Was it for something that occurred in the tunnel? No doubt the SFA will investigate and a few players could be hauled up.

I didn't expect us to win yesterday and we didn't. If we had played well enough and were lucky enough I thought we would be good enough to earn a draw but that wasn't the case. Had Hamilton had another player booked and maybe one red carded (maybe a yellow) in the first half and not won a penalty and we had been given 2 penalties or even one penalty then the result may have been different. However luck doesn't favour struggling sides. That would be glossing over the fact though that Accies were the better side overr 94 minutes and deserved the 3 points just; we were poor.

We started off brightly and could have been 2 up in the first 20 minutes, but weren't. After that Accies took control and dictated the course of the game. Yes, they were cynical and streetwise and controlled the rookie ref but you can't argue it wasn't effective. The loss of Campbell after a shocking foul was a body blow just before half time as was the soft penalty. By then we looked pretty clueless.

Accies then scored a second after Harltey and Kipre got mixed up and scored a third after very weak defending. By then they were then content to defend in depth and time waste safe in the knowledge that we wouldn't score. Although we had a lot pf pressure we couldn't get much on target and lacked creativity and pace. All too often we resorted to lumping in high balls from far out and that simply smacked of desperation. We showed no signs of

playing to any type of plan. As the second half wore on our heads went down and we tired - not surprising given the way the midweek fixtures panned out. I didn't get the Fisher for Rose substitution - why play the former on the left wing?

I didn't see the melee when Hartley shoved Imrie but would have liked to know what Imrie said to Carson as Iassume it wasn't "Have a good New Year". Ali Crawford is guaranteed a warm welcome or should it be a hot reception on 20 January from POD stand punters after needless and provocative gesturing when he was substituted.

Tanner was our best player although MOTM..I don't know. Newell showed promise but is very young and needs to bulk up. Campbell looke dpromising before being injured. I don't get some of the comments singling out Hammell for praise. Overall he lost his man on just too many occasions; he was badly short with a potentially costly pass back in the first half; and looked very weak at the 3rd goal. That said, he was no worse than perhaps 8 or 9 of the other players.

All in all the result was not unexpected for me. We are still just 2 points off top six and 4 off the play off place. Next month will be big for us. Stepehn Robinson has to get it right. He has to bring in fresh blood to hit the ground running, especially up front and get good wins at the end of the month. I still think he can do it and continue with team rebuilding but am not as confident as I was before yesterday.

just watched the highlights and 3 handballs in the box from Hamilton go unpunished

Hartley hauled down in the box in front of the ref and nothing given

these things are meant to even up over a season?

We must be due loads after the winter break then ,cos the decisions we have had against us this season so far, must be well in the double figures by now.

• Like 1

I thought we kept trying right to the end, even being 2 down in injury time there was still the desire to get forward. The thing is that it was ineffective though and the floaty balls into the box have been ineffective for the past 10 games. We need a dig from distance, or a ball drilled in from out wide, or a ball threaded into the box, something different.

• Like 1

Do we loose Tait and Hartley through suspension for the Scottish cup game against Accies?

I would think so but don't forget a few Accies players could receive bans their part in the melee following the Ross County game. The player who kicked Hartley will also be cited and banned I would think.

At the game I though the referee was very poor and got several major decisions wrong. However after watching the TV highlights I'd say he got something like 5 or 6 major decisions wrong. Shocking officiating.

There's a bit of debate going on just now whether the footage can be used as it's a supporter camera footage or if the will go with the referees report. A few players may escape unpunished if that's the case.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

If that happens it'll be a very serious miscarriage of justice. Having examined the various video footages and comments by posters I do think there's enough evidence from the BBC to cite 2 Accies players for 1) punching Hartley and 2) kicking him in the back of his leg. Surely the brawl will be investigated? I'd go so far as to say that although Hartley started things his was the least serious offence and was only one of several "incidents". Accies of course have very recent previous for this kind of thing and they could be hauled up before the beaks twice.

I know. I think it was the herald I was reading it in. The main gist is that if they do use supporters phone videos as evidence where do they draw the line. Should they leave it and just go by the refs report? There's no way the ref saw everything in that mess. So I hope they do use it but it's not been done before.

I know. I think it was the herald I was reading it in. The main gist is that if they do use supporters phone videos as evidence where do they draw the line. Should they leave it and just go by the refs report? There's no way the ref saw everything in that mess. So I hope they do use it but it's not been done before.

Be brilliant if they used an Accies fans posted on line video to punish Accies players....karma

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

If they don't use it I'll be absolutely raging and I'll be far from the only one.

When the Compliance Officer procedure was first introduced the first postholder stated that he would take into account all available evidence. I took him at his word and submitted some after a game against St Johnstone. My submission was ignored without acknowledgement. The last postholder, Vincent Lunny stated that his staff skimmed through TV highlights on a Monday morning and picked up on anything untoward, especially anything that was highlighted (by whom you may ask). Agree with him or not, this season the new postholder seems to have taken a fairly random and inconsistent approach to incidents missed by the referee. However both Accies and Ross County have been cited for their part in the recent melee in their game.

I assume that both the BBC coverage and the club's own coverage will be used as a minimum. In the BBC footage, 2 match officials can be seen rushing towards the scuffle, during which several incidents take place. In addition to what we've already discussed the Accies No 3, McMann, forcibly and clearly pushes Hartley in the chest, although he doesn't land on the deck.

I assume that as Hartley has already been red carded he will not receive any further punishment, but that then begs the question why the referee missed 3 assaults on Hartley, and maybe more indiscretions. The referee will report that the scuffle/brawl took place and surely must be aware that other things were going on. That in itself should trigger an investigation. It goes against natural justice to pick on one culprit but then ignore another three, two of which were for worse actions.

In something as serious as this, the Compliance Office or relevant SFA officials are surely duty bound to examine all available evidence, including verbal accounts and explanations and all video footage. Their final decision has to be based on reaching the absolute truth and not just whats convenient. If they don't then this calls into serious question the fairness of the whole system. Had I been the referee I'd have temporarily ignored Hartley's foul unless I was sure I and my officials, had seen all that had gone on. The system has to be fair and be seen to be fair.

If footage from an Accies fan proves guilt of Accies' players' involvement then so be it as it will help to get at the truth of what took place. It would be ironic though wouldn'd it?

• Like 1