Scottish Premiership Game 21: Hamilton (H) 30/12/17 15:00

milo

5 points out of 33 would see anyone sacked unless you are Burrows chum.

Worse than our present record tho is the fact that people think we should give Robbo more money to bring in more new players to simply replace the dross he signed in the summer .

Fisher , Dunne, Demi, Griffiths resigned, Demi, Bigi, Rose ( who up until Hearts game I thought had done ok) Plummer - all utter dross and how much money has been wasted on them .

Robbos managerial record pre getting appointed with us was extremely poor and its heading that way again. No man management skills and thats now shinning bright with the players attitudes and performances who he ha singled out. A one trick pony who has run out of ideas .

I know theres no chance he will go anywhere with our weak board who would need to admit they were wrong if they sack him but what will it take - one new striker isnt going to save this season from being another dog fight

Total disaster of a result today. Team have completely bottled it since the Willie Collum decision against Celtic at Fir Park. Same thing happened post 4-3 last season. Confidence shot and we haven't kicked a ball since.

We need to reinvest a good percentage of the Moult money on new player wages or small fees. Bringing in another Ryan Bowman or Alex Fisher isn't going to cut it. Ross County who are bottom of the league have a sugar daddy so you can guarantee they will be investing heavily.

We need to bring in someone with a decent goalscoring record, a poacher. Someone that will finish crosses in the box and score taps in.

As well as this we need another forward with a bit of finesse that will chip in with goals.

We also need another centre back and a full back.

If we can, I would be looking to move on a few. Fisher the obvious candidate. Griffiths can go. Reluctant to say Bowman but it's looking that way. He offers zero without Moult. Technically he is very poor. There's a few others who I would consider moving if we could get a fee for. The ability of some of our summer signings is being found out. A lot of these guys are physically good but struggle to play a few passes between them.

Questions need to be asked of Robinson. He deserves time and money to bring in bodies in January but things need to be turned around very quickly. I am sceptical of some of his tactics and I feel like the rest of the league seem to know how to play against us now. We seem to have a different formation and line up every week

• Like 1

First half I thought we were alright and we were maybe a little bit unfortunate with the penalty decision, didn't get a good view of it so I couldn't say either way so I'll wait till I've seen highlights.

For me though the turning point in the match came a few minutes later - Allan Campbell going off. From the point on we were absolutely gash.

There was no shape and no impetus to our play at all. The midfield structure went to pieces. We basically became a complete and utter shambles in the 2nd half, everything smacked of desperation and when Accies goal went in from a terrible mistake from Hartley (also through Carsons legs) you could see every head go down. You would have bet your house on a 3-1 win to Accies at that point.

Our substitutes contributed absolutely nothing again and yet again you are looking at a couple of players carrying the rest.

5 points from 33 is just not good enough and no excuse covers it.

Big questions over this team and their manager now. Accies in the cup is a must win. Ross County in the league is a must win. This CANNOT go on.

Maybe we can replace him with coyle.

The run is terrible, with a couple of key injuries hardly helping. Weve found out what our fringe players are made of and know we have to bring in at least one forward and a defender. Was Martin foyle responsible for finding Moult and heneghan? Or was that the previous guy?

I really dont want us to be that team that fires a manager a season, and I think it will take a few games after the break before the panic button is pushed. If were going to put this bad run on the manager, then he must also get credit for the great run before it.

We do need ditch the complacency though and stop pointing to bad luck, ref decisions, and individual errors.

First half I thought we were alright and we were maybe a little bit unfortunate with the penalty decision, didn't get a good view of it so I couldn't say either way so I'll wait till I've seen highlights.

For me though the turning point in the match came a few minutes later - Allan Campbell going off. From the point on we were absolutely gash.

There was no shape and no impetus to our play at all. The midfield structure went to pieces. We basically became a complete and utter shambles in the 2nd half, everything smacked of desperation and when Accies goal went in from a terrible mistake from Hartley (also through Carsons legs) you could see every head go down. You would have bet your house on a 3-1 win to Accies at that point.

Our substitutes contributed absolutely nothing again and yet again you are looking at a couple of players carrying the rest.

5 points from 33 is just not good enough and no excuse covers it.

Big questions over this team and their manager now. Accies in the cup is a must win. Ross County in the league is a must win. This CANNOT go on.

This.

The penalty was soft today and it did change the game along with campbell going off injured.

We have alot of injuries at present and its resulting in us having no creative play or penetration as we didnt have any wide men in our line up today. Cadden and frear would offer us so much as well as tait who plays well on the left.

Time is up on fisher and bowman. Bowman is still better than fisher though. Newell was borderline ok today, bowman had a couple of ok runs but kept losing the ball or get muscled off it. Our strikers just arent getting service so its not all just down to them.

We were the better team in the first half, soft penalty and a rare mistake from hartley then we were chasing the game. Fisher coming on to play what looked like wide left was pointless. 2nd half we were poor.

Tanner was only bright spark and looked like he was trying to do to much when he had the ball. I like tanner but am just not sure where he fits in to the style of play we use.

Hammell is done. he had a great game against aberdeen but he really is finished.

We played a 442 with no wide men and struggled to get service to strikers we cant be surprised with the result but it was our own mistakes that cost us, earlier in the season we were getting the luck but now we are not.

Am not putting this all down to the manager but with injuries and an ongoing rotation in midfield and up front some questions need to be asked. This transfer window is massive for us. Replace the strikers and let the players get a rest and get the injured ones back and im positive we will be fine. I certainly dont see us getting relegated but will be a tough ending to the season.

Obviously not content with conceding the penalty and selling the second goal. He's been brilliant this season, but it's a day to forget for him.

When one of your better players is doing stuff like this it don't look good. You can forgive in game mistakes but that reaction is ridiculous. He's let the team down big time.

I haven’t watched us in the flesh since the cup final, however, apart from the first 20 minutes I thought we were dreadful. To be honest it’s relegation form and I’m just glad we have a winter break to try and regroup. Although, if we continue to play like we did today we are almost certainly championship bound. Poor, poor stuff.

For me the game changed when Campbell was battered and picked up a knock, he tried to play on but he was clearly struggling

once he was out of the game we had nothing in the mid field which meant Hamilton could come into the game

very poor stuff, too many player who are simply not good enough.

I just hope at least McHugh, Campbell and Cadden will be fit by the 20th

As for Hartley actions after the whistle, disgraceful. If I was the manager he'd been on the bench for a month regardless off of any ban from the SFA

Made the trip over for this and now remember why I stopped :-)

Thought in the first 5-10 mins we were going to hammer them, but the initial brightness faded pretty quick. Penalty and Campbell going off pretty much put or heads down.

First time in a while I've seen us in the flesh and TBH, I wasn't impressed. Hartley looked like a decent old fashioned centre back, Kipre at times looks like Pele and at times looks like a 4 year old lost in a busy shopping centre, Bigi looks decent but seems a bit slow and predictable. Tanner looks like he's got some skills that could maybe be utilised better, the boy Newell looks like he may have something as well, but not for right now. We seemed disjointed with no actual plan. Bowman was not impressive at all, looks like a player from a lower division playing ain a league above his abilities. Rose pretty much anonymous and Fisher when he came on just looks gash, but maybe shouldn't have been playing as wide as he was.

Overall, I'm pissed off about the whole day

It was a month yesterday that we drew with Celtic. Since then we've had a horrendous schedule, injuries to all our key players and also a few glaring mistakes from Robinson. But aye, sack the manager because we've had literally one bad month all season.

Some months you play 2, 3 or 4 matches. This month we've played 7, lost 6 and were lucky not to lose the other one.

Where's the line?

1 win in 10, 1 win in 15, 1 win in 20? Or does Robinson have to have 5 bad months in a season before your calendar based system kicks in?

• Like 1

Whatever anyone's opinion and conclusion...to purely look at win/loss stats and stats alone would be folly for any decision to be made on Robinson.

Looked at in conjunction with the context of a very busy schedule, a lot of away games, key injuries, players not stepping up etc etc it provides a more rounded view to make the correct decision.

The situation is not black and white and shouldn't be treated as such.

Robinson will get the transfer window. He'll also get at least until the end of Feb. Quite rightly in my opinion too. His team's form August - November has given him that opportunity.

• Like 3

For a good chunk of the first half I thought we were well on our way to our first three points in a good while. We'd started brightly with a good tempo, got ahead and despite them coming into it a little more we were looking comfortable and well in control.

Losing Campbell was a real blow. And irritating also that the challenge which saw him off didn't even warrant a booking. And then there was the penalty. I've yet to see any highlights and there appears little mention of it on the thread but from my vantage point it looked little different to the ball blasted into a ruck of players that the referee seemed content to ignore down the other end a couple of minutes earlier.

We never recovered.

There have been numerous occasions this season where there's been a reaction (begging the obvious question about wrong selections in the first place. However....) so I wasn't overly concerned. A substitution, tweak of formation, a little caution to thrown to the wind has helped re-ignite us, even if only briefly. Today, Tanner apart, there was virtually nothing. That's a concern. Has the resolve and confidence been eroded to the point there is no longer a belief?

Similarly whilst I don't think we've been a million miles away in other games recently we were soundly beaten today by a team that had only really to create one opportunity to beat us given our seasonal gift from Hartley/Kipre and the penalty. Again that's a major concern that we appear to be getting weaker defensively rather than development of shape and understanding.

I hope there is some good footage of the that farce with Hartley and Imrie at the end and that it rolls on and captures the Accies team celebrating with their fans like they'd won the Cup. I hope the team see that and it seeps into the psyche as a little motivation for next time around. Are they willing to let this mob come to Fir Park and do that again? I should fucking well hope not!!

When all's said and done take everything away and look at the table as it stands it's not far off what most would probably have been happy enough at this stage of the season given the turnaround in personnel. But the cloud has to be lifted. Whether that's through beating Hamilton and Ross County when the game reccomence, or some notable additions, there has to be spark there when we come back for the Cup game in three weeks.

Some months you play 2, 3 or 4 matches. This month we've played 7, lost 6 and were lucky not to lose the other one.

Where's the line?

1 win in 10, 1 win in 15, 1 win in 20? Or does Robinson have to have 5 bad months in a season before your calendar based system kicks in?

Right now we're in a totally expected bad run of form. This has been compounded by injuries to all our key players and a busy and difficult schedule. If these sort of runs carry on once all those factors have been resolved then it goes from a blip to something clearly far more serious. I don't think I've been seriously wanting to see a Motherwell manager sacked since Malpas but if we're still losing every week despite having a fully fit and hopefully strengthened squad then I'll have a harder time defending Robinson.