Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

On 10/14/2018 at 9:17 AM, DEWELL said:

Excellent piece in Sunday Mail today from legend Colin O'Neill about the state of affairs at our club at the moment. Can imagine the happy clappers in outrage. He's maybe a tad harsh about Keith Lasley but the rest is bang on.

You wouldn't know an excellent piece if Gordon Ramsay made you a sandwich.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

After last season I have to think Robbo is deserving of some time to put things right. While the last 2 weeks has been some of the worst football I have ever witnessed, I still reluctantly stand by it.

However, the next 2 games are massive. If we're no better off, at least performance wise, or don't see any attempt to shake up system or personnel, it'll be near impossible to keep that up.

If we lose the next two he’s probably going to be sacked anyway. Hopefully he can turn it around, still think he has it in him.

34 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

If we lose the next two he’s probably going to be sacked anyway. Hopefully he can turn it around, still think he has it in him.

Honestly what have you seen this season that even gives a glimmer of hope of it turning round anytime soon 

20 minutes ago, smiddy said:

yodo

if / when he goes, who would you replace him with  ?? just askin like

Plenty guys out there looking for a job so unless the Well Society get a say in picking the next manager it will be down to Burrows and the board members to make a better choice this time 

2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Don't you think it would be a real fan owned club if the fans got to pick the next manager that way we would have to back him come hell or high water 

Only if the vast majority could agree on the same manager, and the chances of that are zero.

• Like 1

was just wondering who you thought ? or do we go for the normal guys who throw their  hat in the ring, hughes, jimmy mac, nijholt,jim duffy  or jump inn baw deep with a jim Goodwin, or some one from the lower divisions, either way its a big decision could be ok or could cost us to go down, so do we stick or twist 

2 minutes ago, smiddy said:

was just wondering who you thought ? or do we go for the normal guys who throw their  hat in the ring, hughes, jimmy mac, nijholt,jim duffy  or jump inn baw deep with a jim Goodwin, or some one from the lower divisions, either way its a big decision could be ok or could cost us to go down, so do we stick or twist 

You must be happy watching the shitfest we have seen this season or you wouldn't be asking if we stick or twist 

15 minutes ago, Yodo said:

You must be happy watching the shitfest we have seen this season or you wouldn't be asking if we stick or twist 

nope , iv only been twice this season due to work but I know where your coming from ite dreadful on the eyes and brain numbing. BUT as discussed before I think hes got 2 games left to change it ,or then who do we turn to ? as the first question was WHO gets the gig

Anybody that doesn't play 3 5 2 unless he has players that can play it ,brings through the youth players and gives them a chance oh and somebody that doesn't think the non league teams in England have a Messi or a Ronaldo waiting to be signed by some mug Scottish team 

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

nope , iv only been twice this season due to work but I know where your coming from ite dreadful on the eyes and brain numbing. BUT as discussed before I think hes got 2 games left to change it ,or then who do we turn to ? as the first question was WHO gets the gig

It’s a long list of very poor looking options in my view. Robbie Neilson would probably have been in with a good shout but who else who is out of work looks like a good shot ? Other than that it’s going down the foreign route which is a huge risk, looking to England again, or poaching someone already in place but even then I can’t see a stand out candidate who would actually be interested. It would probably end up being Keith. Of course we may see a freed up Scotland manager shortly.

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Anybody that doesn't play 3 5 2 unless he has players that can play it ,brings through the youth players and gives them a chance oh and somebody that doesn't think the non league teams in England have a Messi or a Ronaldo waiting to be signed by some mug Scottish team 

but youv still not plucked a name out yet ? by the way its not that I don't agree with you but I couldn't give you a name either 

He's here till Christmas so a waste of a discussion, I see him as part of the club so am as keen for him to do well as I am for any of the players who take the field.  He has a run of games to take points, then a run of games to prove his qualities, I don't need him to win the league but I need him to show improvement across the piece.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Last season was considered a huge success on and off the pitch and Robinson still has a lot of goodwill in the stands and, I imagine, in the boardroom. I'd be astonished if he was sacked if we lose the next two.

What I imagine it would do however, is put him under some real scrutiny from the board, who might think for the first time that we are genuine relegation candidates. It would probably be the point where the clock starts ticking to turn it around. 

3 minutes ago, CoF said:

Last season was considered a huge success on and off the pitch and Robinson still has a lot of goodwill in the stands and, I imagine, in the boardroom. I'd be astonished if he was sacked if we lose the next two.

What I imagine it would do however, is put him under some real scrutiny from the board, who might think for the first time that we are genuine relegation candidates. It would probably be the point where the clock starts ticking to turn it around. 

Honestly I would hope you’re right but sadly it’s a fact that a lack of patience and knee jerk reactions are a part of modern football. It’s also a fact that the majority of new managers fail and no one on here is actually able to name anyone they would like to see replace him which says a lot about the quality of any potential  replacements.  I still think the double blow of Kipre leaving and Dunne’s injury has had a huge impact this season regardless of formation or summer recruitment. It’s a fine line between success and failure in this division for the majority of clubs on smaller budgets.