Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

We are 5 points clear of Hamilton and 9 clear of St Mirren and Dundee coming into a run of winnable fixtures.

Anyone thinking Stephen Robinson is getting sacked anytime soon needs to have a word with themselves.

Never gonna happen.

• Like 3

I would go as far as saying that Robinson is here until the end of the season, barring a calamitous run of results or him walking.

Thequestion which really needs to be asked, both by Robinson and the board, is where do we go after that? Is “ more of the same” acceptable? I would say no.  The style of play might get us enough to survive, but we need to somehow find a way to play which is both more pleasing on the eye and at least as successful. I would be prepared to give him first chance at the job, if he was up for it and had a plan that looked feasible. It is not going to be easy though, given our limited budget. He might very well see it as a recipe for failure and walk away at that point which would be fair enough. 

• Like 1

I would ask the Q why are we even debating it or discussing it.

Yes it is a message board but we are so shit and he is so shit - we have recently beaten Aberdeen, drawn with Celtic and won away in Perth. 

I get a sense that if we won every game some on here would say we should get of Robbo because we have not won every game by 3 clear goals. 

I would agree if we were sitting where the bottom 2 are - but we are not. 

He put out a reserve side tonight which after the injuries same time last year was the right thing to do. We have taken full strength teams to the tattiedome and been beaten by bigger margins. 

Settle.

• Like 3

Ask the managers with a simular  budget to ours their objective for the season. Dundee, Hamilton, St Johnstone, Livingstone, St Mirren and they would all say survival. In my view until the debt is paid off that’s also ours and as it stands Robinson is meeting that objective. He’s going to be here until the end of the season regardless while we stay out of the bottom two and I firmly believe that’s going to happen.  In my view we just get behind him and let the board take a fresh look of things in the summer and go from there.

As much as i want robinson too go,it's not all down too him.i really am scunnered watching some of the players we have at the club right now,the sooner the majority of them fuck off and start stealing a wage  elsewhere the better.

The writing was in the wall after the shocking recruitment strategy, league cup group performances and the Accies game at home.

Of course the poorest collection of players we’ve ever endured are responsible also but enough is enough!

The people who signed off on the summer recruitment approach should be held accountable also not only for that but for 3 rotten managerial appointments in a row now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfc said:

As much as i want robinson too go,it's not all down too him.i really am scunnered watching some of the players we have at the club right now,the sooner the majority of them fuck off and start stealing a wage  elsewhere the better.

Who brought the vast majority of them in? 

9 minutes ago, milo said:

The people who signed off on the summer recruitment approach should be held accountable also not only for that but for 3 rotten managerial appointments in a row now.

Its a pity were skint because if ever there was a club in need of a "Technical Director" or "Director of Football" its us.

As good a job as Flow has done, its clear he is utterly out of his depth when it comes to football matters. Managerial recruitment is abysmal and player recruitment has been in the main, laughable. 

• Like 1