Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

He's the manager he says who stays and who goes and he signs the players wouldn't know a player if he stood in front of him .Agree wae Smiddy nae excuses for today it's been a sore watch all season .As I've said before the squad we have is lacking in ability some of them are total donkeys and that I'm afraid is down to the manager . Do us all a favour Robinson just go tonight and we might get a reaction from the players on Saturday at Accies 

ffs yodo you been on the drink ? you don't normally agree with me, but all take it as a compliment :)

2 minutes ago, postiejim said:

If you think it’s purely down tae the manager who we sign and who we let go you certainly have been on the drink .

you may have something there , but its up to the manager who he plays and how we play , and the answer to both is utter dug shite, I didn't actually go today due to a severe shity hangover but watching it on MFC tv you see all the shite bits twice instead of just once at the game which is even worse 

Just now, smiddy said:

you may have something there , but its up to the manager who he plays and how we play , and the answer to both is utter dug shite, I didn't actually go today due to a severe shity hangover but watching it on MFC tv you see all the shite bits twice instead of just once at the game which is even worse 

Agree

8 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Who bought the drink for you 

This is getting really boring.

We wanted a change of selection today. We got it.

We wanted a reaction from the players after the St Mirren game. We got it.

But for a series of circumstances the manager had absolutely no control over, we may have got a result today. Even with everything we had to contend with we were still in a game against the new "cuddly toy" of Scottish football, right up to the final whistle.

Nothing has changed.

Robinson will be given this transfer window to sort the squad out. If he does and we get a decent cup run and improve our league performances, he stays. If he doesnt, he may get his jotters in the summer.

Until we are actually dragged back into the relegation equation the board wont act.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

This is getting really boring.

We wanted a change of selection today. We got it.

We wanted a reaction from the players after the St Mirren game. We got it.

But for a series of circumstances the manager had absolutely no control over, we may have got a result today. Even with everything we had to contend with we were still in a game against the new "cuddly toy" of Scottish football, right up to the final whistle.

Nothing has changed.

Robinson will be given this transfer window to sort the squad out. If he does and we get a decent cup run and improve our league performances, he stays. If he doesnt, he may get his jotters in the summer.

Until we are actually dragged back into the relegation equation the board wont act.

don't want him to get his jotters, just his act together hes been found out for the system we play with no plan b , we are easy to set up against, and why on sat against st midden when we need to go outside and stretch them he left feart on the bench, but starts him today, theres no ryme nor reason to the team , as before its only y opinion 

2 hours ago, milo said:

I don’t think it’s too much to ask in 5 home games v Accies, St Mirren, Killie, Hearts and St Johnstone this season to have scored even 1 goal and taken 1 point per game let alone not achieved that between them combined.

I made this point weeks ago. If you'd said to any of us the start of the season that we'd concede one goal in each of those home games then you'd expect that we'd have got points from most of those games if not all of them.

Certainly suggests that the defence isn't the main problem. Or it's certainly being put under too much pressure by our lack of goals...

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

don't want him to get his jotters, just his act together hes been found out for the system we play with no plan b 

What makes You think he is capable of "getting his act together"? 

Robinson was an abortion of a manager for Oldham and was run out of town. He then got a freebie from a pal to come here and apart from a good first 3 months last season (mainly down to 18 goal Louis Moult) he has been abysmal for us! Is he really capable of turning this around?

9 hours ago, Shaka said:

Robinson was an abortion of a manager for Oldham and was run out of town. He then got a freebie from a pal to come here and apart from a good first 3 months last season (mainly down to 18 goal Louis Moult) he has been abysmal for us! Is he really capable of turning this around?

NO 

10 hours ago, Shaka said:

With a couple of decent signings yes, he’s turned it around before. A mix of relatively poor summer signings which I take it Foyle had an influence in and terrible bad luck with injuries this season are costing him. For me nothing’s changed while we stay out of the bottom two and we reassess in the summer.

1 hour ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

The problem is he will probably get a win on Saturday to paper of the cracks and keep his job. Happened last time when we played dundee and saint mirren. 

We have been to slow. If we get a new manager over the break then they have no time to assess the current squid and find replacements

Which is why it should not happen, if a new manager comes in it should be in the summer where he will have time and the playing budget.

10 hours ago, Shaka said:

FFS Shaka it is quite clear you do not like him but to suggest he has been abysmal is stretching it. 

The good news I am going to give up responding to these overtly negative posts about Robinson. There is no middle ground. He is shite - end of. No taking into account his budget, no taking into account 2 cup finals.  

Whether the boo boys like it or not we are still in the exact position we should be with the 4th lowest budget in the league. That fact seems to escape them. 

No one likes losing games and not at home, but we have had some amount of bad luck thrown in to the mix. 

For the avoidance of doubt I would like to see him replaced if our results continue to suffer and there is a real threat we will be relegated. But unfortunately for the nay sayers he will get the January transfer window to try and strengthen the team and nd move the squad around. He will also get a couple of months on top of that. And if we avoid relegation comfortable he will stay in his job as it should be. 

Interesting reading a lot of the criticism of Robinson and of the quality of the squad he's assembled.

Each week I see our starting line-up and I always think on paper it's a team capable of putting a decent performance in. Every player has individual attributes to contribute positively, and we've seen every single player go through spells (some a few weeks, some a few months) where they have been very good. This leads me to believe Robinson and / or Lasley aren't getting the best out of the players.  

With the exception of Kipre and Moult, who were natural talents, most players have regressed under the current management. Main, Cadden, Campbell, Frear, Bigirimana, Aldred, Hartley and McHugh have all shown at some point that they are capable of far more than they are delivering. Get them at their best and that's a very strong base to work with.

There's a lot I like about Robinson, and I'm sick of people downplaying last years achievements and yes, when we're signing from the level we do, inconsistency probably comes with the territory but I'd be interested to see what another manager could do with this current squad. 

I would say if we don't turn up again on Saturday he should be gone. There should be no sympathy either. He signed his own P45 with his transfer dealings in the summer.

Given how poor our form has been there is no way we can go into a last 8-10 games relegation battle with Robinson as manager.

• Like 1

If you are a 'bargain basement' manager you need to show that you can operate in tough times. This is the big test for Robinson. Without Moult and Kipre we are a club that needs to survive on scraps, So he needs to squeeze the lemon.

Sammon is crap. Why is he still around? You need to have your only proven goalscorer in the team every week —  not bringing in players who haven't scored. As for 'resting' players against Celtic — surely everyone who follows Motherwell loves the unlikely games when we win against the Ugly Sisters? Yes, we want to stay in the top flight but we need to still be who we are -- always popping someone else's balloon. I think it gives out the wrong message to players that these games can't be won or at least drawn. Maybe it was the rash of red cards that have taken the fire out of the team. Maybe they don't like to be called hammer throwers. If it were me, I'd rather be winning games no matter what they called me.  So what if we get red cards every now and then? We will lose games anyway. In the end, football is about winning games, any way you can. If Robinson can't win games by getting more out of this squad, he needs to move aside to let someone else try.

Totally in the camp of if we don’t get a result he’s got to go, fresh face in at the club. Too many players going backwards, or not actually having a clue what to do on the park and some simply not good enough. Something has to change whether that’s in the January a new breed of players NOT drastic changes however and go from there.

27 minutes ago, mrfergster said:

If you are a 'bargain basement' manager you need to show that you can operate in tough times. This is the big test for Robinson. Without Moult and Kipre we are a club that needs to survive on scraps, So he needs to squeeze the lemon.

Sammon is crap. Why is he still around? You need to have your only proven goalscorer in the team every week —  not bringing in players who haven't scored. As for 'resting' players against Celtic — surely everyone who follows Motherwell loves the unlikely games when we win against the Ugly Sisters? Yes, we want to stay in the top flight but we need to still be who we are -- always popping someone else's balloon. I think it gives out the wrong message to players that these games can't be won or at least drawn. Maybe it was the rash of red cards that have taken the fire out of the team. Maybe they don't like to be called hammer throwers. If it were me, I'd rather be winning games no matter what they called me.  So what if we get red cards every now and then? We will lose games anyway. In the end, football is about winning games, any way you can. If Robinson can't win games by getting more out of this squad, he needs to move aside to let someone else try.

plenty lemons to squeeze at the club just now,so he can take his / there pick 

4 minutes ago, mrfergster said:

Aye, like they say here in Canada ... when life gives you lemons you make ... Conor Sammon-ade

Canada is surely far enough away in this bad wee run at least you wont have had to watch the guff we do , unless youv got mfc tv in that case they always blame the refs