Jump to content

postiejim

Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

Recommended Posts

So Robinson has come out and said there can be no excuses against Accies so I take from that he will walk away on Saturday night if we get beat ,I really hope so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So Robinson has come out and said there can be no excuses against Accies so I take from that he will walk away on Saturday night if we get beat ,I really hope so 

You know that’s not what he meant, and you know he won’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

“To be fair to Curtis, I think he had a concussion as well.

“He didn’t look all there and his partner had to take him home after the game.

“I don’t think he was physically functioning properly, so I don’t know what was going on.”

Quote from Aldred.

If the manager and physios are letting players play with concussions then they should all be shown the door.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this moment we are 9th, if we are in this position or even 10th come the end of the season then he will have done his job, it’s as simple as that for me. Yes the football has been horrendous at times but it also got us to 2 cup finals. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. If we had a manager who got every single tactical decision right, every signing was sensational and had us playing like Barcelona, the simple fact is he wouldn’t be with us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Quote from Aldred.

If the manager and physios are letting players play with concussions then they should all be shown the door.

Perhaps. But I think I'd still trust the judgement of the medical professionals we pay to make that call over Tom Aldred's opinion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, numpty said:

Perhaps. But I think I'd still trust the judgement of the medical professionals we pay to make that call over Tom Aldred's opinion.

A bit like the average football fan knows more than the average professional manager ? Next time i’m not well instead of going to the doctor I will give Tom a buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So Robinson has come out and said there can be no excuses against Accies so I take from that he will walk away on Saturday night if we get beat ,I really hope so 
Really? Maybe you should mention it a little more often. You know, just in case anyone's happened to miss your current three posts a day saying how much you'd like him gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Really? Maybe you should mention it a little more often. You know, just in case anyone's happened to miss your current three posts a day saying how much you'd like him gone.

Aye move along nothing to see here all is well ,don't worry we are to good to be relagated after all we are where we should be .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye move along nothing to see here all is well ,don't worry we are to good to be relagated after all we are where we should be .
All is clearly not as well as it might be. Of that you'll get few who'll disagree. But your almost daily attempt at a squeezing in a "Robinson must go“ inference is about as painstakingly dull as half the games we've watched this season.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yodo is the classic message  board troll and why anyone rises to his bait I really don’t know. 

I have never seen a remotely positive post and don’t expect to see one regardless how we are doing or who is in charge. 

It is too much put on to be sincere or realsitic. 

If I could put him on ignore I would 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yodo is the classic message  board troll and why anyone rises to his bait I really don’t know. 
I have never seen a remotely positive post and don’t expect to see one regardless how we are doing or who is in charge. 
It is too much put on to be sincere or realsitic. 
If I could put him on ignore I would 
 

You can’t?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Quote from Aldred.

If the manager and physios are letting players play with concussions then they should all be shown the door.

 

So just incase anyone picks up the wrong end of the stick, Aldred didnt quote what you said, above, but rather the text above that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, numpty said:

Perhaps. But I think I'd still trust the judgement of the medical professionals we pay to make that call over Tom Aldred's opinion.

I'm not sure how much i trust our physios.

I didn't see this game but against St Johnstone at home Aldred looked like he was out cold then got minimal treatment from the physios and was allowed to wander back on looking dazed. I've seen Christophe Berra and Lewis Spence of Dundee play concussed against us in the last year or so as well. I remember Hutchinson being allowed to play on once against Aberdeen when he wouldn't have been allowed to continue in a boxing match years ago.

The question needs to be asked why footballers aren't getting the same HIA testing as players in other sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I'm not sure how much i trust our physios.

I didn't see this game but against St Johnstone at home Aldred looked like he was out cold then got minimal treatment from the physios and was allowed to wander back on looking dazed. I've seen Christophe Berra and Lewis Spence of Dundee play concussed against us in the last year or so as well. I remember Hutchinson being allowed to play on once against Aberdeen when he wouldn't have been allowed to continue in a boxing match years ago.

The question needs to be asked why footballers aren't getting the same HIA testing as players in other sports.

With all the serious head injuries recently I'm amazed I've not seen anything about wearing rugby style caps. 

And with the research into brain injury from heading a ball I think it's only a matter of time before some kind of head protection comes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Yodo is the classic message  board troll and why anyone rises to his bait I really don’t know. 

I have never seen a remotely positive post and don’t expect to see one regardless how we are doing or who is in charge. 

It is too much put on to be sincere or realsitic. 

If I could put him on ignore I would 

 

Can you get your head any further in the sand ,I just say it as I see it and at the moment and for the last season and a half we have been really awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That quote from Aldred is disgusting! And if I was in charge of the club, both the Manager and Physio would be sacked on the spot.

I am still shocked there is no HIA in football considering the amount of head knocks, and the Men in charge have a duty of care for their employees. Fuck the result, if a guy is concussed he doesnt go back on the pitch, even if it means going down to 10 men.

Unfortunately Its going to take a dead body or a career ending serious injury to change out prehistoric attitudes toward this issue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Unfortunately Its going to take a dead body or a career ending serious injury to change out prehistoric attitudes toward this issue

The Ryan Mason injury did nothing to change things down in England so I don't know if a serious career ending injury would even change things up here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sailor_h said:

Stephen Craigan? It’s a shame he’s leaving

Posted in the wrong topic me thinks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Said the bishop tae the actress 

ffs yodo you are in a good mood, all change that, ROBINSON MUST STAY  after that result, and the possible signing of McCormack and who ever else , I think he will be safe till the summer so you will have another 5 months to moan  hahahahaha

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×