• Allan Campbell
    • Curtis Main
    • Craig Tanner
    • Nadir Çiftçi
    • Stevie Hammell
    • Gaël Bigirimana
    • Alex Fisher
    • Null Vote

Some good performances throughout the team against a very poor Accies team, Campbell for me was excellent, his tackling and work rate allowed the likes of Tanner and Clfti the time and space to play. Campbell for me is going to have a fantastic career if he continues to progress at his current level.

Went for Campbell today. such tenacity in the midfield and never gives up.

Tanner was great, few times held onto ball slightly to long but has great ability.

Main was great best of the debutants today, works hard, good touch and big and strong. Ciftci did well but looks a little off the pace but also some good touches.

Alot raving about mchugh today but i didnt see it but dont think he played bad. Rose did well considering was on the wing. Carson had a good save but little else to do.

Have to say accies looked crap today offered very little and were outfought the whole game

In all honesty I thought we were pretty chronic against Accies, with them being even worse than we were.

There were a few good performances, I had the fear when Dunne went to the middle of defence but he had an excellent second half...maybe hes a better central defender than the left-sided defender we've witnessed?

Main looked like he could offer something, put himself about really well, lots of energy and very little in the way of service.

Tanner is a joy to watch when hes on the ball, really tricky and seems to be able to go by his man with ease.

Ciftci is clearly unfit, and looked like he was towing a caravan at times, but some of his touches and link up play was really good. If he is going to be a success here, he really needs to get fit quickly.

My man of the match though is wee Campbell (again), maybe its just that he is the type of midfield player that I like, but I could watch him play football all day. Rarely gives the ball away, tenacious, energetic, seems to love going toe-to-toe with players that have bullied our midfield in the past and wears his heart on his sleeve. We really have got a player on our hands in my opinion, one that could go really far in the game.

Final word on Andy Rose, I was a wee bit bewildered that so many thought he had a great game on Saturday, but thinking back I can see what people are meaning with regards to Imries lack of involvement, my concern with him playing in that position though is that he looked utterly clueless on what to do when we had the ball, he offered very little in an attacking sense, and more often than not chose the wrong option, even when only passing the ball 10 or 15 yards.

• Like 1

There are always going to be players that the manager sees something in but we dont, and for some reason they tend to be midfielders. It will be interesting to see who starts when everyone is fit, but Rose has had enough appearances this season to suggest that the manager wants him in there, as opposed to him playing because hes the only option.

What exactly it is the manager likes, Im not sure, but my guess is that hes big and works hard.