Scottish Premiership Game 22: Ross County (H) 24/01/18 19:45

Yabba's Turd

I agree that we didn't play much (or possibly any) football tonight, the only thing that mattered was to get three points, which we did. Earlier in the season our tactic was to impose ourselves physically on the opposition before trying to outplay them. Tonight, whether because of the conditions or because of the bad run both teams were on, the match was a shitfest, but ultimately, only one thing mattered, three points.

It wasnt pretty, neither was Saturday for that matter, but weve played shit both games and won fairly comfortably in both.

Improvements are needed, nobody is denying that, but when youve been on a run of 9 games winless then its difficult to transition straight in to expansive attacking football. Make yourself difficult to beat first and grow confidence from there

• Like 2

Seems like we've moved from being brutal and losing to being slightly less brutal and winning. So that's a step in the right direction, and happy to hear Ciftci and Main are contributing.

It's been interesting listening to Hartley on the last two commentaries has he's not shy about pointing out what we need to be doing individually and collectively as a team to improve. As well has being a good laugh ("Welcome to Scotland, son" when Souttar scored his o.g.) he still talks the players through the game, telling the defenders where to position themselves, and the strikers where to find space etc.

He definitely has coaching and/or punditry in his future.

Brutal stuff. Things I noticed tonight.

Big Nadir looks a player.

Kipre was the best player on the park.

Main looks a handful.

Dunne needs to calm down when he has the ball at his feet.

Cadden needs to stop trying to cross too early and move the ball to the byeline.

Our captain needs to use the ball much better.

All in all a decent result against a big Heffer of a opposition.

It wasnt pretty, neither was Saturday for that matter, but weve played shit both games and won fairly comfortably in both.

Improvements are needed, nobody is denying that, but when youve been on a run of 9 games winless then its difficult to transition straight in to expansive attacking football. Make yourself difficult to beat first and grow confidence from there

Both teams were awful only difference was Ross County had bottom of the table luck. But 3 points all that mattered to night ,.... but gotta ask is it beyond the leagues ability to ensure fans are not travelling over 200 miles for a midweek scheduled fixture, rescheduled cant be helped after a postponement. Surely Ross County could have been scheduled to play Aberdeen tonight and us Rangers. Ross County , Aberdeen Dundee and St Johnstone should all play one anther midweeks.

I particularly enjoyed his suggestion that someone should put one on Ngog to welcome him to Scottish football, and calling hammel satnav

Aye, I was laughing at that Ngog suggestion - and hoped the Compliance Officer wasn't listening.

To be fair, first half was brutal. Where Steelboy is wrong is that it had nothing to do with Robinson's tactics and more to do with the poor quality players on both sides...

I think both managers are a joke. We started off with Rose on the left and when it became clear that they had no ambition of attacking stuck him in as a fourth centre mid. I've never seen a game where both managers have abandoned 1/3rd of the park.

Defensively we did well. Kipre, Aldred, Carson, Dunne and McHugh did well. Cadden was completely wasted and we didn't utilise Tanner very well.

I think both managers are a joke. We started off with Rose on the left and when it became clear that they had no ambition of attacking stuck him in as a fourth centre mid. I've never seen a game where both managers have abandoned 1/3rd of the park.

Defensively we did well. Kipre, Aldred, Carson, Dunne and McHugh did well. Cadden was completely wasted and we didn't utilise Tanner very well.

Smile we won 2-0 hurrah !

You have to admit though, that was horrific to watch tonight. I am generally pretty optimistic about Motherwell but that was brutal!

First half we made no attempt to play any kind of football, it was just try and hoof it over the top to the front men and hope they got on the right side of the defender. Every one of our players was doing it so it must have been an instruction, either that or we have seriously regressed.

I remember reading stats about 9/10 games into the season, we were the team who put the most crosses into the box. I think we managed 2 in the full first half. Crazy that we have 2 big strikers and we dont try and get the ball in for them to attack.

I am hoping that Robinson is just trying to make us solid again and get our confidence up. Play like that for the rest of the season will be dire to watch and more worryingly, will have us closer to the bottom than we are now.

Still, 3 points. Very badly needed so we will have them. Mon the 'well!

Well said that man glad I never posted they comments ,agree with everything you have said the feel good factor of going to FP that was there up to the final has gone hopefully we get it back by grinding out a few results then settle back into the grove .What formation will the manager come up with to bring back Tait & Hartley?

When you've been on a poor run leaking goals surely it's common sense to shore up the barricades make us hard to beat again and get the confidence levels back up with a few good results.

Then you can start looking to play sone of the open attacking football we would all like to see.

Thought it was a very poor game quality wise however your never going to get 38 classic games of football in a season, the main thing is we got 3pts but in the knowledge we are capable of playing much better. Plenty positives to take from the game though, another run out for Ciftci and Main, both will get better and already look like a decent partnership. Good to see Cadden back. Also thought the defence had a solid game, in particular Kipre.

We have stopped the rot in terms of games without a win, back in the top 6 and are pretty much going to be back to full strength on Saturday, Happy days!

• Like 1

I enjoyed tonight's game and I thought RC push the Well hard during parts of the game

for me having McHugh and Campbell in the mid field has made a big difference

Glad Stevie H got a final run out too, feels like the end of an era in someways

Onwards and upwards

Slowly but surely killing Caddens transfer value playing him as a wing back

I dont necessarily agree. Big clubs down south look for athletic ability first and then what talent the player has/what needs to be coached into him. Playing wing back shows a versatility and more importantly Cadds is a big strong loon with a phenomenal engine, you cant coach that!

• Like 1

Slowly but surely killing Caddens transfer value playing him as a wing back

If Cadden were to move to a Championship club I think hed more than likely end up playing as a wing back (or even full back). Hes big, strong and can run up and down that wing all day long. Hes nowhere near good enough technically at the moment to be an effective winger in that league. He needs to improve his final ball, goal-scoring and ability to beat a full back with something other than just knocking it by them and running if hes to make it in that position.

He may well improve all those things either here or elsewhere (it certainly sounds as if hes a conscientious and hardworking trainer), but wing back may be the best option. These 352 formations are all the rage just now!