• Craig Tanner
    • Carl McHugh
    • Curtis Main
    • Allan Campbell
    • Nadir Cifti
    • Diamantis Petravicius
    • Ross MacLean
    • Null Vote

It was a tough choice between Main and Aldred for me, both of them put in a great shift, but went for Main, great finish for his goal and he was back defending clearing a goal bound header off the line. Special mention for Kipre, i thought he had a good game tonight.

It was a tough choice between Main and Aldred for me, both of them put in a great shift, but went for Main, great finish for his goal and he was back defending clearing a goal bound header off the line. Special mention for Kipre, i thought he had a good game tonight.

My thoughts exactly Allan.

big main for me,he covered every blade of grass on the pitch from scoring at one end to heading of our line,might not have the most fineese,but makes up for it with pure endeavour,in his first 2 games for us I cant see why the bury fans couldn't wait to get shot of him just another big solid unit

big main for me,he covered every blade of grass on the pitch from scoring at one end to heading of our line,might not have the most fineese,but makes up for it with pure endeavour,in his first 2 games for us I cant see why the bury fans couldn't wait to get shot of him just another big solid unit

Think your getting Main and Aldred mixed up. Main came from Pompey.

Another game devoid of any quality on the pitch at all, and my usual fallback options of Carson and Campbell making one or two uncharacteristic errors, I've plumped for Main...solely because of his work-rate throughout the match...I'm not convinced hes much better than Bowman or Fisher, but we'll wait and see

Well he's better than Fisher - he scored :biggrin:

• Like 1

I've plumped for Main...solely because of his work-rate throughout the match...I'm not convinced hes much better than Bowman or Fisher, but we'll wait and see

I plumped for him too. I think he's better than either and he'll only get better. He also cleared a net bound header off our line.

I felt Aldred's performance last night was like watching Hartley when he arrived. Good to see him talking to his team mates, putting a hard shift in and taking no chances when clearing.

Early days but Main looks like a good signing. Apart from his finish, I thought he also showed willing to chase lost causes.

Aren't public forums fascinating at times. McHugh simply looks out of form. His marking, distribution and decision making looked woeful last night. Yet some fellow Well fans think he had his best performance in ages. Each to their own and all that - but what positives did anyone actually see for McHugh last night?

I, for one, thought that McHugh had a good game. County had a lot of monsters in their team, but he stood up to them and won more than his share of defensive headers. Certainly, there are still big flaws in his decision making, and he still lingers far too long on the ball, but his destructive play on Wednesday was very good. I can't defend his Hollywood passes. But, maybe, taking away the need to attempt them will benefit him so that we can see last season's player?