Scottish Premiership Game 23: Hearts (A) 27/01/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Tynecastle is always a tough fixture (although we won 4/5 games there from 2010/2013 Im sure?) but even more so at the moment with the ridiculous run Hearts are on. 8 games without conceding a goal is mental!

At least Hartley and Tait will be back.

Would bite your hand off for a draw but well need to play significantly better than on Wednesday to even get close.

Why is it people want to drop Dunne he has been one of our best defenders and is probably the fastest by a mile yet every second post drop him !!!!

I wouldn't go quite that far but yes I don't quite understand the number of posts calling for Dunne to be dropped. As with Andy Rose, Robbo must be selecting him for a reason. Why would he select a player if he didn't think he was the best for that position or for the team? Yes he has his faults ie his distribution but he is fast and is a good defender.

• Like 1

Why is it people want to drop Dunne he has been one of our best defenders and is probably the fastest by a mile yet every second post drop him !!!!

I agree that his pace makes up for a lot at the back but I presume the reason people are so critical is because his passing is abysmal, like really bad. He struggles to find a man consistently in games.

I wouldn't myself drop him but have been critical of him and his distrbution, he can also sometimes be quite erratic. I wouldn't say he is our best defender, I would give this to Mr Hartley

Hopefully a better game than our last visit there which was pretty awful viewing. Hearts are on fire at the moment but they are probably one of the least attractive sides in the division to watch (minus Accies). We aren't far behind them but all that matters at the moment is climbing the table. For this reason I suspect this will be more of a battle tomorrow than a football match.

Last time out we tried to play Hearts at their own game, booting high balls up front which Berra and co were lapping up. Hopefully the new additons in the forward line will make this approach a bit more fruitful if we choose to opt with with it. My feeling would be to get the ball into feet to the likes of Tanner and Ciftciand try to outplay them rather than beat Hearts in a battle. Their defence is rock solid at the moment so it's going to be difficult either way. I'd go with the below team:

Carson

Kipre Aldred Hartley

Cadden Dunne

McHugh Campbelll

Tanner

Ciftci Main

Don't leave us all in suspense do we win

Guaranteed. If I was you, I'd put every penny you possess on it (and borrow money from all your friends and family to bet on it too).

Then re-invest your winnings on a 'Well victory at Easter Road.

Im not a huge fan just because hes technically extremely limited. Ok I guess you could probably pick out deficiencies in most of the squad but for me Dunn is on a different level. Hes strong and quick for sure but im not convinced at this point hes premiership quality.

• Like 1

I watched Dunne playing at left wing-back down at Gateshead...it wasn't pretty, to say the least. Everyone is talking about how bad his distribution is, so why in the name of God would we want to push him into midfield where his passing ability will come under even more scrutiny?

Rose or Tait will play on the left until we sign someone who is adequate to play there, and Robinson will have to decide on his favourite 3 at the back, out of Kipre, Aldred, Dunne and Hartley.

I watched Dunne playing at left wing-back down at Gateshead...it wasn't pretty, to say the least. Everyone is talking about how bad his distribution is, so why in the name of God would we want to push him into midfield where his passing ability will come under even more scrutiny?

Rose or Tait will play on the left until we sign someone who is adequate to play there, and Robinson will have to decide on his favourite 3 at the back, out of Kipre, Aldred, Dunne and Hartley.

I like the debate going on here about Dunne. I personally would drop him in favour of someone better at tackling and distribution. However, I acknowledge those who identify his pace and work rate make valid points. I also like the idea of dropping Kipre now and again, to see if it helps him iron out deficiencies in his decision making. It's good we have a choice to make now.

Guaranteed. If I was you, I'd put every penny you possess on it (and borrow money from all your friends and family to bet on it too).

Then re-invest your winnings on a 'Well victory at Easter Road.

Tried to tap some dosh to invest on the Well on Saturday but everybody I asked said your crystal baws are needing cleaned

I like the debate going on here about Dunne. I personally would drop him in favour of someone better at tackling and distribution. However, I acknowledge those who identify his pace and work rate make valid points. I also like the idea of dropping Kipre now and again, to see if it helps him iron out deficiencies in his decision making. It's good we have a choice to make now.

Ok so who would you replace Kipre and Dunne with is you had your way, defence is the area of the team where we have the most issues, especially at left back now Hammell has retired. Granted we now have Aldred who could cover for Kipre, but I am not sure about playing Aldred alongside Hartley they look too similar a player for me.

Earlier communications from the club said tickets must be bought in advance from Fir Park, but the match preview post on the official site ticket info section now lists PATG option available.

Just incase it helps anyone who hasn't noticed this and is planning on going and not bought yet , could save a trip to FP (assuming it's correct!!).

On the game itself, would settle for a scoring draw in this one.

1-1, Ciftci to get off the mark for us.

• Like 1