Scottish Premiership Game 23: Hearts (A) 27/01/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Ok so who would you replace Kipre and Dunne with is you had your way, defence is the area of the team where we have the most issues, especially at left back now Hammell has retired. Granted we now have Aldred who could cover for Kipre, but I am not sure about playing Aldred alongside Hartley they look too similar a player for me.

Personally I would give Aldred and Hartley a shot together, even though they are both similar players. But we need a left sided defender anyway. I would hope hes on his way.

Earlier communications from the club said tickets must be bought in advance from Fir Park, but the match preview post on the official site ticket info section now lists PATG option available.

Would be good if someone in the know can confirm if this is correct or not?

Bought tickets over the phone at the start of the week to be posted out and came home this evening and they still haven't arrived :angry: If they don't arrive tomorrow then at least PATG would be an option but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a typo.

Would be good if someone in the know can confirm if this is correct or not?

Bought tickets over the phone at the start of the week to be posted out and came home this evening and they still haven't arrived :angry: If they don't arrive tomorrow then at least PATG would be an option but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a typo.

Just been posted on club twitter that a limited number of tickets will be available at the away end 1hr before kick off tomorrow.

No idea how to copy link to here, technophobe of the highest order, sorry.!!

Hartley and Tanner on the bench?!??

Hartley may still be carrying an injury but dropping Tanner is absolute bullshit.

Thats unless tanner is carrying a slight injury. Hes been our best player recently so Id definitely want him playing but if losing him for this game means hes fine to play in the next lot then thats alright with me

Robinson said that Hartley wasn't fully fit and had an injury that was going to need to be managed all season.

I'd prefer to see Tanner play (assuming he's not carrying a knock), but having watched Hearts last few games at Tynecastle, I can see why he might want to set up for a physical battle - at least for the first 45. It will be like playing Accies, except on terrible grass instead of terrible plastic.

I'd prefer to see Tanner play (assuming he's not carrying a knock), but having watched Hearts last few games at Tynecastle, I can see why he might want to set up for a physical battle - at least for the first 45. It will be like playing Accies, except on terrible grass instead of terrible plastic.

Andy Rose didn't make a tackle for 50 minutes the last time we played at Tynecastle. You would bet on John Boyle to beat him in a 50/50.

If the plan is to shitfest the game and introduce Tanner later then I can see the logic in that. It wouldnt be my choice but here we are. If Hartley still isnt fully fit then I can also see the logic in that.

However, if Hartley is fit and not playing then its absolute insanity. Hes easily our best defender and I cant be the only one who would like to see a Dunne-free defence.

For many, including me, Tanner was the only bright spot of December so its disappointing to see him dropped for players with only a fraction of his ability.

We've set up to go for a nil nil, it looks like.

I think this could be another scudding at Tynecastle. I'd love a win, but doing the business on Saturday has given us a bit of breathing space around this game.

If we were setting up for a nil - nil, not sure we'd be playing 2 up top.

If the plan is to shitfest the game and introduce Tanner later then I can see the logic in that. It wouldnt be my choice but here we are. If Hartley still isnt fully fit then I can also see the logic in that.

However, if Hartley is fit and not playing then its absolute insanity. Hes easily our best defender and I cant be the only one who would like to see a Dunne-free defence.

For many, including me, Tanner was the only bright spot of December so its disappointing to see him dropped for players with only a fraction of his ability.

I don't know about Tanner, but Hartley is definitely not fit. Based on what Robinson said yesterday, it makes even more sense now that Aldred was brought in.

If Tanner isn't fully fit, it makes sense to save him for Wed, when he can play a bit more football.

If Tanner is fully fit, I'd definitely have started him - but it can't be a surprise to anyone now that Robinson likes to pick his 11 biggest men against teams like Accies and Hearts.

Tanner dropped.

Mental. Robinson has to be the most negative manager we have ever had.

You must be too young to remember Tommy McLean.

His first 4 or 5 years in the SPL involved parking the bus in the hope we'd sneak a 9th place finish and avoid relegation.

• Like 1

The manager said hartley isnt fully fit, and none of the back 3 have done anything to warrant getting dropped, so that one doesnt bother me. It would undermine the whole competition for places thing if you kept 2 clean sheets and then got dropped for someone who isnt fully fit.

Tanner is a weird one, hes our best attacking player, and were playing a team thats hard to score against. I think hes overthinking this one.