Scottish Premiership Game 23: Hearts (A) 27/01/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Sitting behind the goal the ball was definitely over the line. It was the only decision that linesman called correctly all day!

Definitely agree with that, he certainly never gave us anything else in the match, there were a couple of balls that he waved to have gone out for a shy to Hearts when in fact the whole ball had never crossed the line, but typically the assistant referees still had to look at the referee to find out what way to wave the flag,I never understand why we have these assistant referees at times!!!

Who needs opposition fans when we fight amongst ourselves? Arguing if a last minute equaliser was over the line (when the pictures show it was) .... Jesus wept.

After a tumultuous few months I can understand why the free flowing football maybe out the window in the short term for point accumulation.

We're top 6, cup final and still in the Scottish Cup in February. A significant number were calling for our managers head during the past few weeks. This season was all about consolidating our SPFL status and pushing on in 2018-19.

What many are guilty of is resetting the bar in mid November which is unfair on the team and management.

• Like 7

3 games unbeaten then and indeed unbeaten in 2018.

What was the panic all about?

The break could not have come at a better time. Regroup in the sun, injuries given time to heal, and what looks like 3 very good additions, are we actually stronger up front now than we were, even without Moult ? Even if we lose against Hibs we go into the home game against Partick with just the one defeat. I would have settled for that .

If ye cannae win an arguement wi the wife ,its possible you could start one , win one or just annoy folk on a forum . Thats how its always been. Dont expect anything else. Praise the team and yer a happy clapper. But some of the shite is really quite funny in a sad sort of way . Some folk are never happy. Play like Brazil and loose =shit, Get stuck in and grind out results =shit. Its all about opinions.

...the WHOLE ball must break the line, unless there is a camera in the goal, that ball may be fully over,or (as I think) it may be 95% over. 1 is a goal and 1 isnt.

I know I’m never going to convince you that 100% of the ball crossed the line without you viewing it from another angle. However, I couldn’t resist blowing the You Tube image up even more. I feel like I’m in that Mel Brooks film where he enlarges a picture of a crime to try and prove a point (I can’t remember what it’s called). :biggrin: However, even if it wasn’t 100% over (as I think) we finally got a goal line decision going in our favour. :thumbup:

14o5c13.jpg

• Like 1

This forum gets worse. Posters asking for the managers head then being negative about the manner of wins against Accies and Ross County. Now some are debating whether our goal today was over the line. Maybe they wish it was not given so that they could have good moan about how refs have it in for us and then go on to get into Robinson and call for his sacking.

Thank goodness for Andy P and Kmcalpin whose posts are usually pretty sensible and objective. Not being at the game today I will ignore the usual negative posters on here and wait for their view for a more realistic take on how the game went

• Like 4

Decent away point. Performance wise we were OK but I think Hearts will feel they should have won. Certainly had more chances and looked more likely to score.

In fact it looked fairly predictable when Hearts scored with 10 minutes to go. They always looked likely to nick one while we didn't really look like scoring from open play.

In the end we got one from a free kick fired into the box in injury time but for me our ability to create and score is still a problem.

I thought defensively we played pretty well but we showed very little creative, it was sheer determination that got the point. I thought our distribution and final ball were abysmal. Hearts were nothing special no matter how much the media slever over them, they were there for the taking and any kinda composure / thought coulda had them in bother. However to play as poorly and get a point will do me.

• Like 1

Im not bothered either way, as I said its about time we got 1 of those decisions if it wasnt over the line!

However, that "proof" is far from conclusive, yes it looks over but the WHOLE ball must break the line, unless there is a camera in the goal, that ball may be fully over,or (as I think) it may be 95% over. 1 is a goal and 1 isnt.

The main thing is, no matter how it goes in, it was given as a goal and we have a great point! Even better Accies losing to a late late goal

The linesman was convinced it was a goal, the pictures confirm it was a goal, and when Ya bezzer is compiling another 1 of his 10 page stat reports for the season it will be recorded as a goal, no ifs buts or maybes, so lets enjoy it, and as you say its about time we had a decision go for us. :D

OK, a Motherwell fan posting a comment on a Motherwell forum after a night on the lash, is likely to offer a view that may be prone to bias from a claret and amber perspective. However I think it needs to be said. Craig Levein is an arse hole. His failure to acknowledge it was a close game, and to say Willie Collum will be disappointed for failing to award two soft penalty claims just irks me almost as much as the draw pleases me. Thank God we have Stevie Robinson. He might not be Mourinho but at least he's not an arse hole. I'm off to bed now with a smile on my face.

• Like 3

The linesman was convinced it was a goal, the pictures confirm it was a goal, and when Ya bezzer is compiling another 1 of his 10 page stat reports for the season it will be recorded as a goal, no ifs buts or maybes, so lets enjoy it, and as you say its about time we had a decision go for us. :D

Eh....where did I say it wasn't a goal?

In fact I've never even mentioned it because it wasn't a controversial decision for me.