Scottish Premiership Game 24: Hibs (A) 31/01/18 19:45

Yabba's Turd

After tonight Id say

Carson

Kipre Aldred Hartley(if not fit/Dunne)

Tait Campbell McHugh Hendrie

Tanner

Çiftçi Main

McHugh yer having a laugh a wee seat on the bench will do him the world of good alongside Rose & Grimshaw .Did you notice that when we took the first half midfield off we started to play better

We've been just as bad in the other games but got lucky with OGs, a penalty, a 96th minute set piece and the ref ignoring Ciftci bundling a guy over.

If you found a tenner you'd moan it wasn't a twenty.

Robinson said the physio told him not to risk Cadden. Said you dont want to be playing three games in a week so soon coming back after a hamstring injury.

Im not a physio but that seems reasonable to me.

He was a shite manager after he started them when it must've been touch and go against Dundee, and he's a shite manager for not starting them when touch and go against Hibs.

Some folk aren't ever happy, in short.

The level of negativity is certainly over the top. Weve got one of the smallest budgets in the league and thats the first defeat since the break against a very good team away from home. Were not close to being as poor as is been made out.

That starting 11 was never going to result in us getting anything from tonight and its no surprise when the core of it was removed we came into it more.

Saturday is more important so if it means Ciftci and Cadden are fit(ter) then I can see the logic.

I dont believe anyones form is keeping Hartley out the team as form continues to be no impediment for several others retaining their places every week,

• Like 1

The swiftness with which some almost gleefully seize upon when things doesn't go our way can at times lead you wonder if the criticism is genuine or simply the continual manifestation of a deep-rooted dislike or lack of belief in players or management that really isn't going to change, come good times or bad. Seems there's a fair bit of the latter in evidence tonight.

Ultimately we've lost but from what I saw of it we weren't a million miles away at all. Nothing much in it in the first half and totally dominated the second.

What we didn't do was defend as we could have and were as clinical as Hibs were in front of goal.

Hibs dominated possession in the first half. I would expect no less them being at home but Carson was hardly faced with a barrage of efforts.

I have a little sympathy for the team for the first. It appeared to be something of a miss-hit shot and was partially cleared by a stumbling defender. No question about the vociferious finish though.

The second was poor though. Boyle was able to amble up the wing and take his pick from two or three Hibs players waiting to have an effort on goal.

I thought we responded pretty well after conceding the second. Arguably we could have made the positive changes more quickly than we did but whilst Hibs, of course, had no reason to chase things further, there was only one team in it thereafter.

Good anticipation and finish from Main and he continues to impress not only with his strike rate, but work-rate and link up play too. It was a pity he just wasn't able to snatch a point with the effort tipped over at the death.

An opportunity lost to pick up a point certainly, but nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff I've read earlier in thread would have you believe.

• Like 2

The swiftness with which some almost gleefully seize upon when things doesn't go our way can at times lead you wonder if the criticism is genuine or simply the continual manifestation of a deep-rooted dislike or lack of belief in players or management that really isn't going to change, come good times or bad. Seems there's a fair bit of the latter in evidence tonight.

Ultimately we've lost but from what I saw of it we weren't a million miles away at all. Nothing much in it in the first half and totally dominated the second.

What we didn't do was defend as we could have and were as clinical as Hibs were in front of goal.

Hibs dominated possession in the first half. I would expect no less them being at home but Carson was hardly faced with a barrage of efforts.

I have a little sympathy for the team for the first. It appeared to be something of a miss-hit shot and was partially cleared by a stumbling defender. No question about the vociferious finish though.

The second was poor though. Boyle was able to amble up the wing and take his pick from two or three Hibs players waiting to have an effort on goal.

I thought we responded pretty well after conceding the second. Arguably we could have made the positive changes more quickly than we did but whilst Hibs, of course, had no reason to chase things further, there was only one team in it thereafter.

Good anticipation and finish from Main and he continues to impress not only with his strike rate, but work-rate and link up play too. It was a pity he just wasn't able to snatch a point with the effort tipped over at the death.

An opportunity lost to pick up a point certainly, but nowhere near as bad as some of the stuff I've read earlier in thread would have you believe.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Winston Churchill

• Like 1