Scottish Premiership Game 25: Partick Thistle (H) 03/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

We're crying out for creativity just now so with Frear being injured and Cadden being nursed carefully I'd like to see a starting slot for MacLean somewhere. He may not be the answer and I'm not saying he definitely will be but we do need his type of player to add something a wee bit different to our play. We are in the midst of a very tough schedule just now with Hibs last night, Partick on Saturday, St Johnstone on Tuesday and Dundee the following Saturday. There's no way we'll win all three. Given our injuries just now Robbo will have to rotate the squad a bit but how he'll manage our only two "fit" strikers I haven't a clue.

• Like 1

Must win.

We all knew Tynecastle and Easter Road were going to big asks but now we have a run of very winnable games and we absolutely have to emerge from these with a decent haul of points.

Hopefully Ciftci, Cadden and Hartley are all able to start.

In the absence of Frear McLean should be given a chance.

• Like 1

I'm with GazzyB on this one.

10 points from our 5 league games in Feb would be a decent return, plus a cup win.

This one should certainly be winnable, but I don't put it in the "must win" category yet.

3 - 1, with Ciftci getting off the mark.

We're crying out for creativity just now so with Frear being injured and Cadden being nursed carefully I'd like to see a starting slot for MacLean somewhere. He may not be the answer and I'm not saying he definitely will be but we do need his type of player to add something a wee bit different to our play. We are in the midst of a very tough schedule just now with Hibs last night, Partick on Saturday, St Johnstone on Tuesday and Dundee the following Saturday. There's no way we'll win all three. Given our injuries just now Robbo will have to rotate the squad a bit but how he'll manage our only two "fit" strikers I haven't a clue.

Like you I am in Mac Lean`s camp. I have always rated him and but for injuries at bad times he may have been a mainstay of the midfield by now.

Sadly however I dont think SR feels the same. Check out last 2 games and he wasn't even on the bench. I was even thinking that he might go out on loan.

This said if he keeps the head down and continues to work hard he might get his chance again.

Certainly, its a big run in to the end of the season for him.

Apart from a lack of creativity and pace in the midfield, I worry about our 2 strikers in the coming week. Main has done well but given the hectic schedule just now can we expect him to charge about effectively for 90 minutes, three times in the coming week? Ciftci - until now he hasn't been match fit and has not been able to play a full 90 minutes for us yet. Neither Tanner nor Sid are strikers. It doesn't leave much cover for injuries or even tiredness does it?

MacLean needs to seize his next opportunity and show the manager he should be in the team. He looked like he could be a real asset pre injury.

You wonder when he will get his opportunity though. Despite the prolonged injury to Frear, he has barely had a sniff due to the shape of the team. Then when the u20s have their first game in ages, he is lining up at right wing back. Not ideal.

I think MacLean is far more comfortable on the right hand side than left so I don't really feel that Frear's absence has genuinely seen him missed out on opportunities that were due to him. When Cadden was missing on the other side however, there's more an argument could be made of that.

Think we'll see an 11 today closer to most people's first choice from Robinson.

This is the 5th game in 14 days (7 in 21 come next Saturday), which needs to be looked at next year. No point in having 3 weeks off to just come back and play 2 games a week for a a few weeks.

Cadden and Cifcti will have benefited from a wee rest midweek and come back in for me. I'd like to see Hartley back in but not sure who deserves to drop out to be honest. Dunne has been playing well defensively to be fair but Hartley is a superior defender so he'd go. Tait does admirably well (usually) on the left. But I'd drop him for a bit of balance and give Hendrie a go. No space for Rose either.

I'd go:

Carson

Kipre Aldred Hartley

Cadden Campbell McHugh Hendrie

Tanner

Main Cifcti

• Like 1

When MacLean came on a couple of weeks ago, he ran his socks off and got stuck in. He certainly offered more attacking threat than Petravicius - but that's not saying much. Could you have MacLean on the right and Tanner on the left?

Not if we stick with the system and play 3 at the back I'd say.

Looking forward to this. tough game but winnable. Id go

carson

kipre hartley Dunne

Cadden campbell mchugh tait

Tanner

Ciftci Main

Gotta play to win today so attacking line up needed. Mchugh is the question mark for. Would easily swap for rose.

Us to win 3-1 main ciftci and tanner to score.