Scottish Premiership Game 25: Partick Thistle (H) 03/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

One win now in 12 league games, no matter how you dress it up that's poor, very poor.

There's no point in worrying about our dip in form at the end of last year.

There's no magic formula to instantly turn around a team that was playing so badly. Fact is that since the break, our only defeat was by one goal against Hibs - and we are still in the cup.

Still plenty of room for improvement? No doubt.

Are we in a better place in Feb than we were in December? No doubt.

Am I getting fed up with us having to come back from losing the first goal? No doubt.

If the managers job is to keep us up I dont think hes going to be in trouble unless theres a real chance of us getting dragged in. Right now I think were benefitting from accies and Dundee punting their season.

No way are we finishing in the top six though.

Robinson will get criticism everytime we fail to win, particularly at home, because our tactics are horrific.

I didn't bother going to today because you know exactly what you are getting. It's the same shite tactics every week. It backfired on me because the rugby and my coupon were a disaster.

Robinson sees his job as not getting sacked. He's not interested in entertaining the fans or bringing through young players. If we are struggling it'll be reason to shitfest and if we are doing well it's evidence that shitfesting works. He's never going to open up.

Mixed today. Finished the match well but besides the first 5 minutes or so and the last 20, a lot of our play was pretty slow and turgid.

If we'd shown the level of energy we had at the end of the match earlier we might have got three points.

Form needs to improve, that's only 2 wins in our last 15 matches in the league, but main thing is we didn't lose a six pointer after going behind.

We now have a run of matches against teams around us in the league and it's important we get a win or two.

We started to look more encouraging when Frear came on and used a bit of width.

Going long was causing Ciftci to be offside countless times.

Thistle's goal was ludicrous defending. Not a player within 5 yards of Doolan. As free a header as you'll get.

McHugh is painfully slow on the ball.

How the hell did someone watching todays game decide that McHugh was Man of The Match? He shouldnt be in the starting eleven.

I thought mchugh was excellent defensively today, granted he was slow in moving the ball on but so was Campbell. Not sure who left Doolan free for their goal if it was mchugh then I will take it all back

I thought mchugh was excellent defensively today, granted he was slow in moving the ball on but so was Campbell. Not sure who left Doolan free for their goal if it was mchugh then I will take it all back

I thought today was the best McHugh has been this season, he was snapping into challenges and shifting the ball on well.

Horrible game. Shite defending from us and shoutout to Charlie Dunne for his bravery, and Ciftci for the goal.

Big Wispy Flossy

12 minutes ago

ECOSSE1991, on 03 Feb 2018 - 5:30 PM, said:

How the hell did someone watching todays game decide that McHugh was Man of The Match? He shouldnt be in the starting eleven.

Big Wispy Flow;

Big Wispy Flow, I respect your opinion but Im at a loss how you can say McHugh was excellent defensively today. It just confirms that two people can watch the same game/event/incident and see things so differently.

McHugh is always too slow when deciding what to do when he has the ball, too one footed (fine if youre Davie Cooper and can produce magic with it) that he has to take time to turn his body to get it in a position that he can kick the ball with his left foot by which time opponents are on top of him or defending his teammates. I dont boo or abuse any player wearing claret & amber but there gets to a point when you give up hoping to see an individual improve and you know hes not any benefit to the squad.