Scottish Premiership Game 25: Partick Thistle (H) 03/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

All things being equal, nobody was offside for Mains goal, really bad decision, and Aldreds header that ricocheted of Ciftci was so unlucky.

The offside decision in particular has cost us the win!

Watch the highlights when the free kick is taken ciftci starts from an offside position so when he heads the ball back he is flagged offside, the linesman got it correct.

Watch the highlights when the free kick is taken ciftci starts from an offside position so when he heads the ball back he is flagged offside, the linesman got it correct.

That was my impression too, and that just reinforced what I thought when I watched it from the cooper. That said, having watched the highlights, I suspect that Doolan was also offside for their goal in exactly the same manner.

On that subject.... I noticed yesterday that rather than leave Thistle's players in an offisde position, our defenders started backing up when thistle player started his run up to take te free-kick, this happened almost every time, yet Thistle were happy to leave us in an offiside position.

I personally think we should leave opposition in an offside position and make them make the decision to come back in line.

On that subject.... I noticed yesterday that rather than leave Thistle's players in an offisde position, our defenders started backing up when thistle player started his run up to take te free-kick, this happened almost every time, yet Thistle were happy to leave us in an offiside position.

I personally think we should leave opposition in an offside position and make them make the decision to come back in line.

Apparently yesterday was the first time we'd conceded a goal from a header in the league this season* (we were informed this by another fan about ten seconds before Thistle scored, thanks Paul) so would suggest we're doing something right about defending free kicks...

*Haven't checked this myself before anyone points out any inaccuracy there...

• Like 1

What a bunch of moaning faced cunts on here. It's no wonder so many supporters of the club just don't bother coming on now. You lot have this site to yourselves now. Happy moaning. FFS.

Im with you on this but dont let it get to you. Largely due to being on the receiving end of what I believed to be unjustified abuse for having an alternative view, I too read more than post these days.

As others have said, there are those who may be predisposed that way, perhaps as you are predisposed as being a glass is half full sort of guy.

But I suppose thats the nature of football fan forums and us happy clappers I guess will just have to live with or ignore it.

Ciftci was a yard offside when the free-kick was taken, which sums up how I felt about his performance overall. Granted he scored the goal that rescued a point for us, but I thought he absolutely abysmal.

On the happy-clappers v the moaning bastards debate, I like to think that I'm supportive of the players, team and Club more often than not...but what we are being subjected to watch just now, is a complete and utter turn-off, this constant hoof up the park is making my eyes bleed, and the entertainment value is zero.

On the game itself, I thought Carson had potentially his poorest match since signing for us, from my view in the East Stand he looked culpable at the goal through indecision, coming off his line to collect the cross, and then back pedalling when he realised he wouldnt get it. A couple of occasions he was also coming out of his box, when he really didn't need to, and punched one or two crosses that I'd have expected him to catch...hopefully just a bad day.

The three lads at the back, were excellent, including the much maligned Dunne...all three were my contenders for man of the match

Campbell and McHugh worked hard, and while McHugh wasnt my motm, hes certainly no where near the 'pish' and 'shite' player that some have decided he is. Defensively he is sound and he offers that protection to the defence.

Hendrie was utterly anonymous, to the point that it looked to me like he was hiding, however its his first game having only joined a few days previously. On the other side, Cadden just doesnt look fit and was no more than a bit part during the game.

Tanner was poor and I'd have whipped him off at half-time and gave Bigirimana a crack at unlocking Thistles defence.

Up front, Big Main is an absolute grafter and looking like an astute bit of business so far, while the jury is out on Ciftci for me, despite his well-worked goal.

Tait and Frear both helped in a positive sense when they came on, but what is the point of this Lithuanian fella'?

On the happy-clappers v the moaning bastards debate, I like to think that I'm supportive of the players, team and Club more often than not...but what we are being subjected to watch just now, is a complete and utter turn-off, this constant hoof up the park is making my eyes bleed, and the entertainment value is zero.

Given the players at our disposal, hoofball is the only game we can play just now. I'd argue though we're not playing it effectively. Robbo's first task was to make us more organised and hard to beat and he's done that. Stage 2, I hope will be to add a wee bit of quality to our attacking options. That should come in the summer.

I was in line with it, sitting in the East Stand...didn't look anywhere near over the line at the time

I couldn’t see from where I was sitting and that’s why I was keen to take a closer look at the TV footage. Both of Cerny’s feet were certainly behind the line when he saved it, however it’s difficult to judge whether the ball/hand was to. It was certainly very tight, although the screenshot is far too lo-res to tell. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, as we will hopefully get one going in our favour next time.

15p0n83.jpg

I'm half intending on becoming a broken record with this, but I still believe McHugh and Kipre are playing in each others positions.

That's not a bad call actually, Kipre is certainly a much better passer of the ball.

On the other hand I think McHugh can be pretty reckless the way he puts himself about and I'm not sure I'd want him in the penalty box.

And neither player has a lot of pace and I feel like when other teams are attacking us they can simply knock the ball past our central midfield and win the chase.

Feel like I've seen more poor games than normal at Fir Park this season. Again on Saturday, other than the last half hour that was pretty grim stuff. As I've said before I don't expect to be watching a footballing masterclass when I go on a Saturday but it hasn't been the most easy on the eye this season.

The thing is if we are playing a certain way and getting results then fine but the problem is we aren't. 2 wins in the last 15 league games isn't good enough let's be honest. Despite this I'm still fairly positive about the changes that have been made in January. Again on Saturday I thought Tom Aldred was first class, no nonsense approach from him. Main is proving to be a handful and Nadir is starting to show some of his quality.

In terms of the team overall, I would echo some of the concerns made about midfield creativity although to be honest I think it's more of a deliberate overall approach from the team/manager. Any time we get the ball 9 times of 10 we seem to be booting it long in some shape or form. I'm not convinced this approach is bearing fruit. We have proven in glimpses this season (even a few times in the first half on Saturday) that we have the ability to play some decent passing football but for whatever reason we are opting against this approach. We were sometimes direct in the league cup games but genuinely remember us having more passing quality than we have shown recently. My solution to this would be giving Bigi a chance in the team, he has proven this season when given the chance he has the quality to unlock doors for us.

I'm not sure the wing back system we are playing just now is giving us the best out of the likes of Cadden either who has looked a shade of his former self recently. Obviously this is Robinson's preferred system, we do look solid at the back for the most part but it seems to be stiffling our attacking threat for the most part.

Apart from the obvious shambles for the Partick goal our defence looked pretty solid. Cedric Kipre again was very strong. Dunne and Aldred likewise. Unfortunately though, leaving someone unmarked at a free-kick isn't good enough at this level. In midfield I thought Campbell was energetic and good in spells but as always Carl McHugh's distribution and taking too time on the ball was frustrating. Craig Tanner wasn't at the races again this week, unfortunately I'm not sure he is going to be much more consistent than Lionel Ainsworth but we will likely get more graft off him.

A win tomorow is very important make no mistake.

No, I'm with you on this Al. We badly need muscle and drive in the engine room, just the qualities Kipper possesses.

I think we need more ball playing and guile in the midfield. We've been crying out for a creativity since Nicky Law left us.

I think we need more ball playing and guile in the midfield. We've been crying out for a creativity since Nicky Law left us.

Exactly this.....I thought he was excellent with us and provided that link between midfield and attack always passing and moving to support. Since his departure I can't think of any midfielder who has cone close in that regard.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Some players are better at reading a game when it is getting played in front of them and in my opinion Cédric is one of them.

Whilst I can understand Als thought process I dont believe moving him to midfield would work. We tried something similar with Louis Lang and whilst not half the player he had similar physical attributes.

Cédric is a centre half and too me should remain there.

• Like 1

I'm half intending on becoming a broken record with this, but I still believe McHugh and Kipre are playing in each others positions.

I can see where you are coming from with this. However I feel Kipre is gradually growing in confidence and competence. I wouldn't coach him into a new role just now.

Is McHugh needing dropped or encouraged to boost his performance? He is a better player than what he has been of late. I acknowledge some fans are praising his work rate on here. If only he could pass.

Is McHugh needing dropped or encouraged to boost his performance? He is a better player than what he has been of late. I acknowledge some fans are praising his work rate on here. If only he could pass.

Robinson was full of praise for him on Saturday when I thought he had one of his worst games for us. Doubt he'll get dropped any time soon.

Strangely enough, Hartley on Mixlr the other week was saying it's an absolute dream having McHugh sitting in front of the defence... even when we had all been saying he'd been poor for weeks.

Maybe we've genuinely no got a clue?