Scottish Premiership Game 27: Kilmarnock (H) 17/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Bit depressing to be 1-0 down because we've actually played some decent football with the ball on the ground. Having Frear in the team seemed to help us keep the ball on the grass. Before Kilmarnock scored we were the better team but Kilmarnock are a decent team, use the ball well and have looked dangerous when coming forward. Hope we don't revert to the hoofball stuff.

Pretty frustrating match.

Played some good stuff and were the better team before Killie scored. After that we got a bit ragged for the rest of the half.

Second half Kilmarnock have closed the game down and really restricted us to very few chances bar hopeful balls into the box.

Game has really swung on one mistake from Curtis Main which is especially unfortunate since I thought he'd played really well up till that point.

Dick Turpin part 2. Harsh result but they happen. Penalty shouts will be interesting to see, miles away from Ciftci one in first half, but Main was clipped after he crossed in 2nd half, weren't getting much from McLean today.

Actually enjoyed the game, just didnt seem to get the break of the ball or over played the final ball at times when the simple setup was required.

Wrong team wrong tactics wrong result and if anybody can tell me how Frear managed 90 minutes I'll be much obliged he was piss all game .Killie were not the better team but they were better organised can't remember McDonald making a save nor Carson for that matter

Frear disappeared in the second half but that's because Kilmarnock closed off all the space.

We didn't have great options on the bench, taking off Cadden for Grimshaw when we were chasing the game highlighted that.

Nonsense, yes they are on a good run just now, but let's not get carried away they are no better than us as recent seasons have shown. Did not make it today but going by various reports we were the better team and unlucky not to get at least a point.

As for Clarke being a better manager than Robinson, not even close this season if Clarke gets Killie to the Scottish cup final and a top 6 finish then maybe, but not before.[/quote

Yer having a laugh put the two CV,s side by side and there is only one winner

Wrong team wrong tactics wrong result and if anybody can tell me how Frear managed 90 minutes I'll be much obliged he was piss all game .Killie were not the better team but they were better organised can't remember McDonald making a save nor Carson for that matter

I agree. Frear fading from the game had nothing to do with Killie. I was sat in the Cooper and watched him countless times shite it from a tackle and hide behind players when Dunne and Main were looking for an outball. The weak link today and a passenger.

Bitterly disappointed but not disheartened as we played some good stuff at times. Killie had the one shot and scored. On another day we would have pumped them.

O aye and our deadballs are atrocious.

• Like 1

Could have played till midnight and not scored.

Don't understand Robinson's decision making at times.

Taking Rose off and keeping Frear on was baffling. It actually looked like the players didnt want to give Frear the ball in the last 20minutes.

Dunne was outstanding btw. Sooner we get a contract extension done the better.

• Like 2

Nonsense, yes they are on a good run just now, but let's not get carried away they are no better than us as recent seasons have shown. Did not make it today but going by various reports we were the better team and unlucky not to get at least a point.

As for Clarke being a better manager than Robinson, not even close this season if Clarke gets Killie to the Scottish cup final and a top 6 finish then maybe, but not before.

How can Clarke be judged on a competition he wasn't even in? Look at their points per game this season. Clarke is working miracles with a squad Lee Clark and Lee McCulloch built.

Lack of cutting edge and poor final balls were really our undoing today.

We had the most possession and forward play, but nothing came off for us up top.

Ciftci was poor, Tanner held onto ball too long on a few occasions, when a pass was on, and although he saw a lot of the ball, Frear failed to put too many actual dangerous crosses in for Main to attack.

The backline were again solid and not at fault for the goal, with Main losing the ball, and they handled most of what Killie threw at them pretty well.

In the middle we really missed the dig and drive of Allan Campbell, and some of Bigi's play was rather erratic when he replaced Rose.

All in all there was little between the teams, and I don't believe Killie are any better a side than us, rather that sometimes when you hit a run of results you carry luck and rub of the green as well, much like us earlier in the season.

Dundee next week is a big game now with their win today meaning there are only 4 pts between us just now.